1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the neck part is too flat on the production figure and the energy octupus thing is off too, the clear coat is different, looks more like a semi gloss

Oh. OK well the only clothed figure of a normal sized man that I have is the T-1000. And as a matter of curiosity I popped off the T-1000's head with a view to testing the Stark head on it when I realized

View attachment 503685

I think that socket would have to be popped out. The Stark head is noticeably larger than the T-1000 head in any case.

Looking at the figure again in person, the upper body is definitely different from the prototype - more of a square silhouette. I suspect the internal lines and details are different also.

By reactions here I assume then that the prototype was more accurate?

I picked up the mark 50 headsculpt, bit I'm running into a problem finding a tony stark body it will work on...since it has the neck already attached.

hi my 85 arrived from toys wonderland double boxed & i am impressed with all of it. i have 24 different tony heads & i rate this about in the middle. i will put lights in the lightning condenser if i can decide led's or f/optic wires. cheers.

For the handy folks and the risk takers, there's a video out there showing a DYI taking apart of the arm to fix the shoulder plate gap and the starfish pack for possible LED installation. It's in Chinese, but you should still be able to follow along based on the video.

I certainly would never do this, but maybe some of y'all might. Good luck!

I got it this morning, Great figure!! HT’s best one by far.
F8323CC8-FCDC-4838-96B7-E2FC0FA228CD.jpg
5E44A828-E0D1-4E61-9110-F07C1FF9AB55.jpg
1F23730E-68D8-44D3-9748-525C39D43114.jpg

For the handy folks and the risk takers, there's a video out there showing a DYI taking apart of the arm to fix the shoulder plate gap and the starfish pack for possible LED installation. It's in Chinese, but you should still be able to follow along based on the video.

I was in the process of modding the shoulders when I realized upon reading about it a few pages back that reversing that part of the joint seems to create a gap from the trapezius to the shoulder. It would seem though the better option is to use the shoulder joints from the Mk50 as its pegs are shorter and will have the shoulders sit flush without the gaps. Anybody wants to sell their Mk50 arms for parts? Lol!

Also, it was funny when he made comparisons of the headsculpt to other people. Funny enough one those photos looked more like it than RDJ. :lol

It would seem though the better option is to use the shoulder joints from the Mk50 as its pegs are shorter and will have the shoulders sit flush without the gaps.

Is there a DIY or do the joints from Mark 50 fit 1:1 on Mark 85?

This is bugging me. The circled area on the arm shouldn't have a gap that wide from the biceps to the deltoid. I know that piece on the toy moves up when the arm is moved but I think it can still be functional that way without the gap being that big. :slap

IMG_20210114_172222.jpg
IMG_20210114_172306.jpg

I'm fairly convinced that the only real issue with this figure is the shoulder joint, because in the mod shown earlier in this thread, using a shorter shoulder joint made the arms hang naturally and fixed the shoulder plate position, restoring the look and silhouette of the prototype.

I hope sebpdy does a YouTube video of this mod for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'm fairly convinced that the only real issue with this figure is the shoulder joint, because in the mod shown earlier in this thread, using a shorter shoulder joint made the arms hang naturally and fixed the shoulder plate position, restoring the look and silhouette of the prototype.

I hope sebpdy does a YouTube video of this mod for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Owen's fix doesn't lessen the gap between the deltoid and bicep plates though. On his mod, it's still wide while on the prototype it's as close as from the movie.

This is bugging me. The circled area on the arm shouldn't have a gap that wide from the biceps to the deltoid. I know that piece on the toy moves up when the arm is moved but I think it can still be functional that way without the gap being that big. :slap

View attachment 503824
View attachment 503825

Thank you. But is this the version with the Mark 50 Joints or the solution from the youtubevideo?

From on hand experience, I think the only problem(about the shoulder pad gap, at least), is just they're engineered in a way that there is so many moving parts that there is like a billion ways you can pose it. And the way it comes out the box is positioned so badly awkward, that early pictures look really bad.

TL;DR: I think the shoulder pad deltoid part is just really badly positioned out of box and early pictures

Pictures attached is my figure with 0 modification
c4b2505af2097639fc00f0bf6bd1454a.jpg
fea7204c5ae9910702c9746818e23c17.jpg

9f474dd28cb2dd5210415f27a23dba30.jpg

It's not just the shoulders that are messing up the silhouette. The flatter traps are just as big of an issue as the shoulders if not bigger IMO and you can't mod those.

From on hand experience, I think the only problem(about the shoulder pad gap, at least), is just they're engineered in a way that there is so many moving parts that there is like a billion ways you can pose it. And the way it comes out the box is positioned so badly awkward, that early pictures look really bad.

TL;DR: I think the shoulder pad deltoid part is just really badly positioned out of box and early pictures

Pictures attached is my figure with 0 modification
c4b2505af2097639fc00f0bf6bd1454a.jpg
fea7204c5ae9910702c9746818e23c17.jpg

9f474dd28cb2dd5210415f27a23dba30.jpg

Thank you. So, I'll be fine with that figure ootb.

Thank you. So, I'll be fine with that figure ootb.
It'll take a bit(a lot) of moving around with but like I said, with the amount of movement they have chosen to design it with, it(shoulder pads) really can be near seamless with any pose, contrary to many photos. It's mainly just another hot toys decision to go for articulation over other stuff

Back