1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll take a bit(a lot) of moving around with but like I said, with the amount of movement they have chosen to design it with, it(shoulder pads) really can be near seamless with any pose, contrary to many photos. It's mainly just another hot toys decision to go for articulation over other stuff

yeah like accuracy, the die cast mk6 and 7 are the best they've made. best proportions and good enough articulation, nice flush joints etc.
the mk 50 and 85 are the worst in my opinion, the waist on the 50 drives me crazy and the arms and neck on the 85 are doing the same

yeah like accuracy, the die cast mk6 and 7 are the best they've made. best proportions and good enough articulation, nice flush joints etc.
the mk 50 and 85 are the worst in my opinion, the waist on the 50 drives me crazy and the arms and neck on the 85 are doing the same
For me, 85 is still one of my favorites. Feels nice and poses good although it takes real effort. I understand that alot of people are extra critical with this particular one because it is the MCU iron man's "ultimate" armor. But honestly, pretty happy with it.

For me, 85 is still one of my favorites. Feels nice and poses good although it takes real effort. I understand that alot of people are extra critical with this particular one because it is the MCU iron man's "ultimate" armor. But honestly, pretty happy with it.

im a boring museum poser and the 85 is horrible in that regard but yeah for action posers it'd be a great figure no doubt

I love museum poses also - the fact that the prototype was perfect for it and now no longer isn't is frustrating - the same with JL Aquaman. I'd rather a rigid torso with a proper V cut than slight articulation which doesn't really bring anything to the table.

While I appreciate that it lost a precise movie accurate build I don't find what I've got unnatural or bizarre looking. The build and proportions are not dissimilar from the Mark IV that I have standing beside it. If it had looked exactly like this in the movie I don't think people would have complained.

That said if Hot Toys later comes out with a more accurate one I'd be interested, albeit while wondering why they couldn't achieve that in the first place.

edit - 2 further caveats to my opinion - I'm not a big expert on Iron Man and also I didn't even order this figure. It was sent to me instead of the Mark 7. I decided to keep it rather than going to the trouble of sending it back. If I had been considering whether or not to buy the 85 I probably would have been put off by the comments in this thread. So I am kind of post-rationalizing/justifying :lol

Last edited:
im a boring museum poser and the 85 is horrible in that regard but yeah for action posers it'd be a great figure no doubt

I've been trying to covert to more of an action pose person...but I really stink at it! I typically get online and do an image search of the figure and steal other people's ideas. Even then, mine rarely looks as good. I'm pretty pleased with the 85 in an action pose but agree museum pose exposes some deficiencies in the design. Still happy to have it though!

I've been trying to covert to more of an action pose person...but I really stink at it! I typically get online and do an image search of the figure and steal other people's ideas. Even then, mine rarely looks as good. I'm pretty pleased with the 85 in an action pose but agree museum pose exposes some deficiencies in the design. Still happy to have it though!

I've tried a few times but nah not for me, standing there staunching is the way. as for the the 85 guess i got no choice but to try and mod it cos right now can't even look at it

I've tried a few times but nah not for me, standing there staunching is the way. as for the the 85 guess i got no choice but to try and mod it cos right now can't even look at it

I have the Mark 50 in a semi-action pose and it's decent. Not flying, just standing there with both hands in the shooting position. That might be a decent look for the 85, considering it'll mask some of the shoulder gap...

Great one. Looking forward to 47 if i'll like that mechanic design more.

IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3902.jpg
IMG_3891.jpg

Hot toys just announced the head replacement program, looks like the revised head will be accurate to the prototype.

Glad I got this sculpt though, will buy a 2nd 85 for the new one or just wait for the battle damaged 85.

Hot toys just announced the head replacement program, looks like the revised head will be accurate to the prototype.

Glad I got this sculpt though, will buy a 2nd 85 for the new one or just wait for the battle damaged 85.

Was there an additional announcement or are you commenting about the old news from Dec 22, 2020?

I just went on HT official website and FB page and I see no further updates...

Just got a processing email from sideshow. I thought this was going to be delayed for a while for the headsculpt replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! I have to wonder if these early figures are going to have the old sculpt and if so, will we be eligible to get the new sculpt eventually.

I just talked to sideshow and they said that they havent gotten any info from hot toys on if their shipment of ironman coming in are getting the old or new headsculpt.

It definitely won't have a new sculpt. They haven't even revealed the replacement yet. Chances are they'll send Sideshow a shipment of the new ones for people to switch out. It's probably going to be awhile before that happens.

Back