1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recommendations requested.

Ordered the Diecast Mark VII from ToyBuyingAgent.
Today received this Endgame LXXXV instead. Presumably with the infamous Tony Stark head.

I wasn't planning to buy an Endgame figure - if I did I was more likely to go for the BD ''and I....am Iron Man'' version. But now I have this, unopened. I still want the Mark VII. I'm not eager to post this one off again, especially during an escalated Covid situation, but I guess I still could. It'd be expensive to post from Ireland though, especially a trackable method. Would he be willing to refund me that cost, whatever it is, not sure.

So I dunno.

The thought has occurred to keep it and, since I paid the Mark VII price for a new release Endgame figure, ask him to do me a favour on the actual Mark VII. But it'll mean having 3 Iron Mans (I already had the MkIV) and so far zero Captain Americas and Thors. That wasn't the plan :lol

But I loved the movie, and this is a different and unique style of Iron Man so maybe...

Today received this Endgame LXXXV instead. Presumably with the infamous Tony Stark head.

I wasn't planning to buy an Endgame figure - if I did I was more likely to go for the BD ''and I....am Iron Man'' version. But now I have this, unopened. I still want the Mark VII. I'm not eager to post this one off again, especially during an escalated Covid situation, but I guess I still could. It'd be expensive to post from Ireland though, especially a trackable method. Would he be willing to refund me that cost, whatever it is, not sure.

So I dunno.

The thought has occurred to keep it and, since I paid the Mark VII price for a new release Endgame figure, ask him to do me a favour on the actual Mark VII. But it'll mean having 3 Iron Mans (I already had the MkIV) and so far zero Captain Americas and Thors. That wasn't the plan :lol

But I loved the movie, and this is a different and unique style of Iron Man so maybe...

If he covered return shipping for his mistake, great.

COVID situation, not great.

If you like the design, hang on to it.

Eventual re-sale on any diecast IM isn't bad, but for high-production pieces that remain in stock a while, if you wind up not wanting it, expect to sit on it for a while.

You could probably sell it easily domestically for a few months, as it won't be officially available for a while. Once its actually released the market will be saturated till it sells out, which given what is still in stock now could be a few years

So I dunno.

It will be one of the rarest Iron Man figures with that headscuplt and you know how collectors of anything go crazy over anything rare

Yeah....thanks guys. I'm leaning towards keeping it...but since I paid the higher price of the Mark 7 I figure it's only fair I now be able get that one for the Mark LXXXV price. I'll contact him.

Last edited:
Yeah....thanks guys. I'm leaning towards keeping it...but since I paid the higher price of the Mark 7 I figure it's only fair I now be able get that one for the Mark LXXXV price. I'll contact him.

TBA is always pretty good.
surprised that he made a mistake.That is the first I've heard them making.
As 1 of the fellow freaks above said,it may be worth holding onto due to the huge backlash HT got for the headsculpt.
They (HT) usually don't hear the words of the masses.
Just food for thought.

TBA is always pretty good.
surprised that he made a mistake.That is the first I've heard them making
As 1 of the fellow freaks above said,it may be worth holding onto due to the huge backlash HT got for the headsculpt.
They (HT) usually don't hear the words of the masses.
Just food for thought.

I can understand how it would happen - you order an 'older' Iron Man figure around the time everyone else is ordering the brand new one and it's almost muscle memory that they keep grabbing the new one to wrap up and ship out.

It's slightly annoying because this was to be my first Hot Toys figure in about 2 years and my first time using the ToyBuyingAgent site. No biggie though, I may end up being quite happy about this mistake once I open the figure. I'm not going to open it until I speak to Timcent though in case there's some reason he needs it back.

Last edited:
Hey all.

Just got the Endgame iron man. First iron man I’ve bought since mark III die cast. Personally, my plan was just to have an iron man from the first film, and the last film, but this scale difference was utterly shocking to me!

So I have a noob question. Is the new figure grossly out over scaled, or the mark iii grossly under scaled? Seems more like this one is way too big comparing it to other hot toys marvel figures.

Really bummed out. There’s no way you can stand these two figures next to each other..

Hey all.

Just got the Endgame iron man. First iron man I?ve bought since mark III die cast. Personally, my plan was just to have an iron man from the first film, and the last film, but this scale difference was utterly shocking to me!

So I have a noob question. Is the new figure grossly out over scaled, or the mark iii grossly under scaled? Seems more like this one is way too big comparing it to other hot toys marvel figures.

Really bummed out. There?s no way you can stand these two figures next to each other..

The mark 3 is underscaled. most of the other diecasts are real close to eachother as far as I know. The last four or 5 years the marvel line has gotten taller. Check out justin"s reviews on youtube to see more size comparisons of the iron man armors, the mk 1 is hilarious compared to the 6 or 7 even though that one is all plastic, still funny.

Hey all.

Just got the Endgame iron man. First iron man I’ve bought since mark III die cast. Personally, my plan was just to have an iron man from the first film, and the last film, but this scale difference was utterly shocking to me!

Really bummed out. There’s no way you can stand these two figures next to each other..

While the newer diecast do seem to be in a slightly larger scale, the actual CG models for Iron Man altered proportions and got a little more 'heroic' after the first Iron Man film, which is definitely part of what you're seeing.

I can't remember the thread anymore, it was either the diecast Mark 7 or Mark 6 wherein I posted a video clip about the FX guys and the evolution of MCU armours.

There remain some inconsistencies throughout the line; for instance the Mark 5 is slightly taller than the Mark 6, which shouldn't really be the case.

Hey all.

I only bought the MK3 to put in the ground pound pose permanently since it has the twisted middle section. Looks great like that but i agree it's to short to stand next to newer stuff.

The MK3 was also the only suit where they built a complete practical suit. For this reason, it's possible the proportions are closer to Downey's, whp is a short man--and so a squatter MK3 figure might be down to accuracy.

Just speculation, and a stretch at that.

The MK3 was also the only suit where they built a complete practical suit. For this reason, it's possible the proportions are closer to Downey's, whp is a short man--and so a squatter MK3 figure might be down to accuracy.

Just speculation, and a stretch at that.

The DC Mk 3 is exactly the same size as the original plastic Mk2/3, they just got super lazy when they made the figure and cribbed the molds and dimensions instead of going from scratch. All the other DCs are taller and weren't obviously the same exact shape and size and flaws as the original plastic versions.

B1DXFIM.jpg

Hey all.

The suits are all close to ten inches taller than RDJ “in scale”. I can’t find the video online, but on the IM3 blu ray extras, there is a segment of RDJ before vfx are added, and he’s walking on a block of wood larger than a railroad sleeper about ten inches deep. He’s steps down off the block and it’s the scene where he has just greeted Maya at the house door. It implies that he’s a lot taller in the suit than he is in real life. It could easily be achieved by his feet pointing almost straight down in the armour.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys. I regret not picking up a mark iv now, as it looks similar enough to the III and fits in better with all the new stuff

I can kind of see why Hot Toys thought that head sculpt was good based on that image. Still not a fan of it though.

138446180_10157405655852583_4202131277424132362_n.jpg

I can kind of see why Hot Toys thought that head sculpt was good based on that image. Still not a fan of it though.

They thought it was good because it's the best Tony likeness they have yet sculpted.
But a few youtubers take pics with the wrong lenses and it looks off, and all the manbabies start crying, lol.

I'm no expert on Iron Man by any means but I'm quite liking this figure. It has also made me more of a fan of the smoother/rounder/more organic aesthetic of his nano-tech suits than I was previously.

IMG_9271.JPG

A few comments

-took about an hour to get the batteries in

-as ever, you'll hardly use the lights because it's too much of a pain in the backside to access the switches, not to mention the worry of scratching paint or breaking something in the effort to get panels off

-yeah, not a big fan of the Stark head

-no way would it 'fit' inside the helmet

-the Infinity Stones in the gauntlet don't light up as well as you would like and the colours are not distinct enough from eachother

-I'm unlikely to ever use the Refocussor thing, looks a bit silly, but it's in the movie so it's good that they provided it

If those are negatives well I think that's where they end for me. Unless people tell me about some hideous inaccuracy, I like what I have here. It's a beautiful design, the colour-placement and combos are splendid, nice heavy figure, looks high-end.

And now I have to buy Endgame Cap, Thor and Thanos at a minimum. Thanks Timcent. :lol

Last edited:
Hmm, well, reading facebook comments apparently the final product lost some of the muscular and organic shape of the prototype. I'll have to look at that when I'm home again. Based on the pics I took, maybe.

The most 'heroic' pics I took

IMG_9261.JPG
IMG_9260.JPG

Back