1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways, are we gonna keep the same thread for both? I think it would be nice to consolidate. Have discussions about the Mark 85, which figure one should get over the other, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*********. Now I have to think about whether to give up the NRD or what. I vastly prefer this figure. Not just the sculpt and everything but the additional weapons and everything?! Come on. The first release looks like crap compared to this.

I didn’t care about some people saying the gauntlet was inaccurate on the Mark 85 at first, but now that there are two different ones, that’s a bit strange. Wonder if Hot Toys will change the original.

I didn’t care about some people saying the gauntlet was inaccurate on the Mark 85 at first, but now that there are two different ones, that’s a bit strange. Wonder if Hot Toys will make change the original.

These are prototypes. So i'm sure everything will match when the final production ones come out.

*********. Now I have to think about whether to give up the NRD or what. I vastly prefer this figure. Not just the sculpt and everything but the additional weapons and everything?! Come on. The first release looks like crap compared to this.

Seriously, the energy shield was only used when his suit was pristine. There isn’t even a dedicated display base on the original! I’m glad I didn’t preorder it yet. This comes with literally so many more additions. But with the price of the pristine with barely any accessories, I wonder how much more this is gonna cost.

As incredible as the BD looks, I'd still love to have a pristine version of this armor given how awesome the design is, and because it would fit in much better with my other diecasts.

It's a little harder to appreciate the design in the other figure since the focus is obviously much more on the sculpt and gauntlet.

As incredible as the BD looks, I'd still love to have a pristine version of this armor given how awesome the design is, and because it would fit in much better with my other diecasts.

It's a little harder to appreciate the design in the other figure since the focus is obviously much more on the sculpt and gauntlet.

This is why I still haven’t fully decided on the BD yet. It’s implied in the design that the metal in his helmet/neck is ripped out, seen by the broken collar, and he was never helmeted when the suit was damaged. Now I just wish he was fully battle damaged, but also fully suited up at some point when he was, in the movie. Then the helmet/neck area would be blended in nicely. But since that never happened in the movie, Hot Toys can only plop in a standard one in the middle of a broken collar, so it just looks awkward.

That's so you can spend another $250 on accessory pack.

Ouff lets hope not. Not like they could add much lol. He only used an additional energy blade and the two "lobster claw" blasters on both hands for a split second

Looking back at your replies it's hilarious. They didn't release an accessory pack. They release a whole new figure. :rotfl

Yeah with the BD figure you pretty much have to only use the Tony sculpt, and I just don't think I could own an Iron Man armor where I couldn't also display the helmet.

Why not? He was most without helmet in his last fight. It would have normally be considered dumb given how dangerous it was to not protect his head but movie logic dictates showing more of RDJ face since he'll be dying. :lol

We knew the BD would be released since it is a very iconic scene for Tony Stark and HT wants to pull all the possible money from us. As many of you said, it can be a cheap move (and somehow it is). But HT is a company and wants the biggest amount of money from us as possible. Well, this is it!

I didn’t care about some people saying the gauntlet was inaccurate on the Mark 85 at first, but now that there are two different ones, that’s a bit strange. Wonder if Hot Toys will change the original.

Hot Toys is still under the impression and telling fans that Tony somehow slipped on the same gauntlet Thanos had on during that final scene, so who knows what they'll do for the final product. The silver/gold housing area around the mind stone was only visible on his hand for a fraction of a second before the stones began to damage his armor, so technically this isn't accurate either. But it's a lot closer to what I was expecting, so I'll let it go and hope they do it right, but i'm guessing they'll both looks like this when they're finished.

I want both figures, but the clean "gauntlet" with the regular 85 will never leave the box.

Hot Toys is still under the impression and telling fans that Tony somehow slipped on the same gauntlet Thanos had on during that final scene, so who knows what they'll do for the final product. The silver/gold housing area around the mind stone was only visible on his hand for a fraction of a second before the stones began to damage his armor, so technically this isn't accurate either. But it's a lot closer to what I was expecting, so I'll let it go and hope they do it right, but i'm guessing they'll both looks like this when they're finished.

I want both figures, but the clean "gauntlet" with the regular 85 will never leave the box.

I would assume the original will be updated, lets not forget the 85 release pics came out a good couple of weeks before Endgame, who knows what access HT had prior to release.

I would assume the original will be updated, lets not forget the 85 release pics came out a good couple of weeks before Endgame, who knows what access HT had prior to release.

Pics of him with the stones on his hand didn't come until well after the movie... but they're still telling people that Tony wore the nano gauntlet and he never did... I've brought it up many times on this forum and it still bugs me they would blatantly lie like that.

Had two regular version of 85 ironman. Converted them to one figure. Cuz I want the battle damaged version too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Pics of him with the stones on his hand didn't come until well after the movie... but they're still telling people that Tony wore the nano gauntlet and he never did... I've brought it up many times on this forum and it still bugs me they would blatantly lie like that.

When have they said that? If they’re just saying “infinity stone gauntlet accessory,” that isn’t lying. It’s not like that can say “normal suit gauntlet that stole infinity stones from actual infinity gauntlet” accessory.

I ordered this figure comfortable that even if a BD version was announced, I was getting the version I wanted. I feel bad for those who want the BD version instead, though. These should have been announced at the same time.

Yea, thinking back, they put that clean Mark 85 preorder up before the movie was even released. You just never know with them what they're going to come out with, so the people that are more patient can at least make a decision if they want one or the other. But like it's also been said, passing on a diecast armor these days and then having to go the secondary market if you realize you want it later on down the road, that's even worse.

Besides the NRDs, I think people are more lax about it now that the release date is revealed and it’s a year after the pristine release.

Back