1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, yeah...leave it Buff to be the one to bust my balls about the proper Mk. #s...what a nerd!!!

d95c6b9a3e8ff761ca4d1a00e1a67dcd.gif

:lol

52ax9q.jpg

Great pic McHaleyArt! Its getting tougher and tougher to hold off for the battle damaged version after seeing all these awesome looking pics and it being available on sideshow lol.

Yeah. My son and I walked into our local collectibles shop. Mistake. I saw this guy on display and that pushed me over the edge.

Yes, incredible photo!!

This armor is really impressive. Good thing I have my old one figure per character rule ...the more pics I see of this armor the more tempting it is :)
I hear ya! I try to stick to that rule as much as possible.

Yes, incredible photo!!

This armor is really impressive. Good thing I have my old one figure per character rule ...the more pics I see of this armor the more tempting it is :)

I hear ya! I try to stick to that rule as much as possible.

Just be like me and treat each individual armor as a separate character. :D

Love that photo McHaley!

So I finally received my replacement headsculpt...and unfortunately it still comes with some paint defects, these splotchy white marks on the face plate.

What do you guys think?

splotch mark 1.jpg
splotch mark 2.jpg

I have got replacement helmets for that exact reason you show in your pics, but thats me. I feel there is no reason to settle for as much as we pay for these things.

I have got replacement helmets for that exact reason you show in your pics, but thats me. I feel there is no reason to settle for as much as we pay for these things.

I feel the same way. I'm just more annoyed that I need to bug my vendor again despite this already being the replacement...so it'd be a replacement to the replacement! :slap

You mean that wasn't Sideshow that sent you that replacement? That's just the kind of crap Sideshow pulls ALL THE TIME. You ask for a replacement, they send you a worse one.

I got a TOD Indy from Sideshow with a broken arm. I asked for a replacement. They sent me another body WITH A BROKEN ARM. I asked for another replacement. They sent me another body WITH A BROKEN ARM. I ended up giving up, because the 2 "new" bodies had worse broken arms than the original. Plus it really made me feel like they thought I was trying to pull something over on them by claiming all their replacements came with the same problem I was trying to fix! It was a ludicrous situation all around.

So I'm surprised it wasn't them! Or your vendor got it from them and just passed it on to you without really looking.

You mean that wasn't Sideshow that sent you that replacement? That's just the kind of crap Sideshow pulls ALL THE TIME. You ask for a replacement, they send you a worse one.

I got a TOD Indy from Sideshow with a broken arm. I asked for a replacement. They sent me another body WITH A BROKEN ARM. I asked for another replacement. They sent me another body WITH A BROKEN ARM. I ended up giving up, because the 2 "new" bodies had worse broken arms than the original. Plus it really made me feel like they thought I was trying to pull something over on them by claiming all their replacements came with the same problem I was trying to fix! It was a ludicrous situation all around.

So I'm surprised it wasn't them! Or your vendor got it from them and just passed it on to you without really looking.

Yeah, my vendor received it from Sideshow because the box is from SS.

I just wish they checked the headsculpt before sending though cause those blotches were the first thing I noticed when I pulled him out of the box.

Yeah, my vendor received it from Sideshow because the box is from SS.

I just wish they checked the headsculpt before sending though cause those blotches were the first thing I noticed when I pulled him out of the box.

I thought that sideshow does check before they send out replacements. At least in my emails when getting replacement parts they "say" they check. I have gotten about 10 things perfectly replaced from them before in my experience. But yea it definitely sux to have to get a replacement of a replacement. Though if you do decide to keep it, it sort of goes with the weathering aspect of the helmet because the armor isnt a completely clean armor? Either way good luck on whichever way you go.

So I finally received my replacement headsculpt...and unfortunately it still comes with some paint defects, these splotchy white marks on the face plate.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 509640
View attachment 509641

Yea man, you have to get another one. I hate that you are going to have to get a replacement for a replacement,
but they have got to replace that. It's frustrating that scuffs/narks like that make it through HT QC, or it could be
that something in the packaging did it. Either way it sucks.

I thought that sideshow does check before they send out replacements. At least in my emails when getting replacement parts they "say" they check. I have gotten about 10 things perfectly replaced from them before in my experience. But yea it definitely sux to have to get a replacement of a replacement. Though if you do decide to keep it, it sort of goes with the weathering aspect of the helmet because the armor isnt a completely clean armor? Either way good luck on whichever way you go.

Consider yourself lucky.

I guess I'm kinda lucky in that I haven't needed to exchange too many things. I think maybe 3 things in total. But two of the three exchanges were worse than the first. I already told you about the Indy TOD body. My other exchange was for their Sideshow Boba Fett red fabric belt. I don't quite remember what was wrong with the original, but the new one had a crease across all the wired strands on the front that could not be undone. As good as I could get it, it had a very visible kink. The only other piece I remember asking for an exchange I actually got a good replacement, which was for one of Hoth Han's gauntlets.

Welp, it sadly doesn't seem like I'm getting that exchange. My vendor wrote me back informing me that they are reluctant to ask for another exchange because they don't want a negative reputation with SS for being the one that always asks for replacements, which I absolutely understand.

The vendor believes the replacement I received is fine and that what I am ultimately seeking is "perfection" and that definition is going to vary person to person. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. For example some people who own the gold Midas are fine with the paint imperfections that seem to be quite common for the figure, whereas some wouldn't settle for it ever. I guess I fall into the latter category (and it's actually the reason I am no longer interested in pursuing that figure).

Anyways decisions, decisions... My vendor has told they are happy to accept a return if I'm not fully satisfied, but to me that would require a lot effort on my part... I would need to return and then find some other vendor to purchase from and still need to roll the dice with the potential the next figure I get will still be plagued with the same paint flaws...or do I simply suck it up and stomach the flaws on the current headsculpt?

I do like this Iron Man fig quite a lot despite most people finding it underwhelming compared to the proto. To be fair, those splotches/paint defects are only noticeable under certain lighting and at really close range...but will my OCD allow me to not freak out knowing it's there??? :lol

What do you fellow collectors think? Suck it up?

Back