Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked mine again and same here. :( What sucks is that I usually am careful checking over my figs when I get them in. I will be sending SSC an email to see what they can do for a possible replacement if they have any.

Someone should start a poll. Purple head bought on eBay, purple head bought from SSC, brown head bought on eBay, brown head bought from SSC

Sounds to me like all the ones bought from Chinese dealers have no issues whereas many from SSC are. Could be a way to figure out what percentage of buyers are getting hosed

^^the poll be a damn good idea!

I posted pretty much the same response as you.
I'd love to have this figure but not until I hear what SSC is going to do about this issue.

:welcome1: to the forums.

:welcome to the show illproxy.

cheers! :)

hoping those that contacted SS will get a response today or soon. the prices on the ones in HK are now rising fast.

has anyone contaced HT directly about this? wondering if SS and HT are working sumthin out along the lines of new heads being made and sent over from HK. right now seems like SS doesnt care and will only do sumthin when threatened with the "i want a full refund" approach.

I think the orange looks OK but still, this should not have happened in the first place...bummer.

Will report back once I get mine from BBTS on Monday

anxious to hear bout yours vareika! BBTS would be were i would get miie think, i sent them a email alerting them to possible probs with their stock as well, no reply yet. hope all is well when you have it in-hand.

Last edited:
Eveyone needs to speak up that has this issue.
It's the only way SSC will get the message.

Personally, if I had this expensive piece I would ask for a refund.
This is clearly an issue that has slipped pass QC and must be corrected.

After 3 days of going through bull**** with UPS to finally get it I got it. Hands down the best HT release this year. My only issue is the ankle articulation that spilled over from the Classic Pred, and the fact you can't use the extra swords on his back for different sword display.

Did everyone have the same problem with putting the helmet on? I was afraid I was going to break it. I might buy a extra just in case.

Overall though, definitely worth the cash when you see the attention to detail in person. The Xenomorph is mind blowing.

Eveyone needs to speak up that has this issue.
It's the only way SSC will get the message.

Personally, if I had this expensive piece I would ask for a refund.
This is clearly an issue that has slipped pass QC and must be corrected.

this!

im also thinkin if you havent purchased it yet via a SS retailer wanted to and are now hesitiant to do so because of these probs email them or the retailer you were gonna buy from. the more retailers that are alerted to probs and get complaints and take it to SS the better.

no mass email to all customers that purchased or retailers via SS yet and them still selling them is stupid. jeeebus.:thud:

After 3 days of going through bull**** with UPS to finally get it I got it. Hands down the best HT release this year. My only issue is the ankle articulation that spilled over from the Classic Pred, and the fact you can't use the extra swords on his back for different sword display.

Did everyone have the same problem with putting the helmet on? I was afraid I was going to break it. I might buy a extra just in case.

Overall though, definitely worth the cash when you see the attention to detail in person. The Xenomorph is mind blowing.

so the alien head was ok? grats btw! :)

seen other comments that the helmet was hard to deal with on a youtube review.

Seriously doubt HTs and SSCs is working on a fix for this. The way I figure it, you got one of 3 options:

1. Get in early and get a replacement from stock
2. Get a full refund
3. Get a partial refund and keep the fubar xeno

When the Bruce Wayne/Batman exclusive was released, it had a systemic QC problem with the ankles breaking inside the boot. SSCs replaced em until they ran out, started offering refunds...full & partial. They knew about it, HTs knew about it and there was never any movement from either to remanufacture the defective pieces which was just a foot. Would have been fairly cheap compared to this xeno head. It would be nice to have it replaced but I just don't think that's in the cards.

I placed an order from CSCs for store pick up. I will let you guys know if all their stock, as best I can, are plagued with the problem as they get their stuff from SSCs too.

I got mine from CSC and it came with the red head. I alerted them to the problem.

I placed an order from CSCs for store pick up. I will let you guys know if all their stock, as best I can, are plagued with the problem as they get their stuff from SSCs too.

^thks for the info on the bat probs and what happned in regards to that, had no idea. eeesh doesnt sound good.

also thks in advance for checking out Csc stock. :)

I got mine from CSC and it came with the red head. I alerted them to the problem.

cheers for alerting them.

Last edited:
What has been wrong with the Alien head? I've been out of the loop of this thread for quite some time.

the ones shipped via SS have been arriving with the alien head missing a layer of purple paint. in the pics below by butters you can see the correct head above the wrong colored head.

correct=purple(same color as the alien bod)
wrong=reddish/brown

I've got a purple and and orangey-red one... I just opened the second one I'm holding for a friend and sure enough...

htsp3.jpg

htsp2.jpg

htsp1.jpg

They are flash saturated pics, but it's the best way to show the colour differences between them.

I'm contacting SST about it now. :slap:lol

is there any cause of the brown heads? Like, are they from SSC and the normal purple ones from HK?

I just checked, mine is like everyone elses I guess since it's that red color. I got mine through BBTS who in turn gets it from SSC. Any word from SSC at all on this?

Mi local retailer here in Miami has one for sale on display, the head is the correct purple one and they get their stuff from sideshow.

Got my Samurai Predator today from SSC. Shoulder armor is damaged (pins broken) and the alien head is reddish/brown. Contacted SSC customer service and wait for their reply.

Last edited:
Back