Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since this is most likely going to be the top grossing DCU film I think it would be dumb for HT to not fix Aquamans sculpt/hair and release a Mera and Black Manta.

I am sure this figure will be improved. This is Hot Toys we are taking about.

Yep. Even if they just did Orm and Mera I'm sure a lot of people would be happy.

Saw the movie last night.
Enjoyed it.

Preordered it.
Glad I hesttated getting the JL one.
I thoght the aquaman movie version was an easy pass, but it looked great in the movie.

Saw the movie. Liked it... A lot.

Hot Toys really needs to fix those armor plates on his hips, they are WAAAAY to thick.
Worst issue on this figure in my opinion.
If the do that and allow the arms (RATCHET) to get close to the body, I'm in.

Yeah, a different head sculpt would be huge as well.

This is madness ... we want hot toys to deliver more dc movies figures like mera and black manta ...and nothing.

The aquaman movie came less than a month ago and we got aquaman figure a day before world premier.

Aquaman movie is about to hit the $1b and nothing

22b284f2c9947e0e256cc7e21851f3f8.jpg

Now capitán Marvel is in March and we get this
8befceef6ce450008488d53fdbde7fef.jpg

Hot toys also release a video of their behind the scenes and 85% is marvel figures. Feels like a complot against dc some how. The video also mention hot toys getting the lifetime license for marvel movies. May be they also ask then not to produce any dc ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot toys also release a video of their behind the scenes and 85% is marvel figures. Feels like a complot against dc some how. The video also mention hot toys getting the lifetime license for marvel movies. May be they also ask then not to produce any dc ..

Well that would be a big bag of suck. I could see Disney pulling something like that.

Yes and that means other people who don't buy these dolls to play with don't see articulation as the only thing that matters. The look of the figure is also important.

Obviously I don't think articulation is THE ONLY THING that matters, otherwise I'd just be buying Mattel or Hasbro. Settle down there, champ. Saying that I don't mind noticeable articulation is not an attack on your character.

This is madness ... we want hot toys to deliver more dc movies figures like mera and black manta ...and nothing.

The aquaman movie came less than a month ago and we got aquaman figure a day before world premier.

22b284f2c9947e0e256cc7e21851f3f8.jpg

Captain Marvel looks like the most uninteresting Marvel project to date too.

I feel like no one expected this movie to be as well received both critically and commercially. After the disappointment of Justice League (you know Hoy Toys took notice) I bet they were playing it safe with this one. They more than likely haven’t been working on other characters and don’t have anything to show so quickly in response, simply due to the fact that if they movie flopped they weren’t committed.

Captain Marvel is also the next in a long line of VERY successful Marvel films, on the heels of one of their absolute biggest. So it would make sense to produce at least the titular character (just like Aquaman) who will also be in the NEXT biggest Marvel movie. So she was more than likely in development earlier or fast tracked.

These things take time, money and a little luck to develop and release. I mean, look at our Star Wars friends, they’re just now getting a character from Rogue One announced, and its three years old.

I feel like no one expected this movie to be as well received both critically and commercially. After the disappointment of Justice League (you know Hoy Toys took notice) I bet they were playing it safe with this one. They more than likely haven’t been working on other characters and don’t have anything to show so quickly in response, simply due to the fact that if they movie flopped they weren’t committed.

Captain Marvel is also the next in a long line of VERY successful Marvel films, on the heels of one of their absolute biggest. So it would make sense to produce at least the titular character (just like Aquaman) who will also be in the NEXT biggest Marvel movie. So she was more than likely in development earlier or fast tracked.

These things take time, money and a little luck to develop and release. I mean, look at our Star Wars friends, they’re just now getting a character from Rogue One announced, and its three years old.

I don't think HT is conspiring with anyone against DC. I agree with bmcd1985; You can't really blame them for hedging their bets with Aquaman after DC failed to meet expectations with BvS and JL, especially when those two had what were considered more "bankable" characters. And regardless of how interesting you think the Captain Marvel movie will be, there's no denying that it's a good looking outfit. Especially compared to Mera's main outfit in Aquaman. I was really looking forward to a Mera figure, but after seeing the latest version on screen I find myself wishing they hadn't strayed so far from her JL look. The more vibrant color makes sense, but IMO the suit looks like a glorified green unitard with sequins, and it doesn't really flatter Amber Heard's body. And let's not talk about her hair color.

Mera_JL & Aq.jpg

Hot Toys probably didnt expect this movie going to be a huge HIT and Aquaman just their one time and done figure. Unlike for Star Wars and Marvel, Hot Toys always have long list of prototypes ready for mass-production.

I don't know... I have a feeling Captain Marvel will be a TFA-level disappointment for Hot Toys.

That seems unlikely, as they’ll probably take the same approach they did with Dr. Strange and Ant-Man - i.e., they likely won’t make more than the title character unless it becomes a breakout hit.

I'm hoping to talk my family into waiting for this to stream at home. I do not want to pay to see this in a theater. Have never liked the character and the trailer was a bore other than introducing the Skrull and that's just for the FF anticipation. I'm really hoping for this to be fixed (less likely), a better second figure (more likely) or just wait for an improved sculpt with the sequel (most likely). All just my opinion.

I was really looking forward to a Mera figure, but after seeing the latest version on screen I find myself wishing they hadn't strayed so far from her JL look. The more vibrant color makes sense, but IMO the suit looks like a glorified green unitard with sequins, and it doesn't really flatter Amber Heard's body. And let's not talk about her hair color.

View attachment 438473

I really respect that they went as comic-accurate as possible with Mera in Aquaman, but I much prefer her costume in Justice League.

Though I got no issues with the glaringly fake and vibrant hair colour in Aquaman. ;)

I don't think HT is conspiring with anyone against DC. I agree with bmcd1985; You can't really blame them for hedging their bets with Aquaman after DC failed to meet expectations with BvS and JL, especially when those two had what were considered more "bankable" characters. And regardless of how interesting you think the Captain Marvel movie will be, there's no denying that it's a good looking outfit. Especially compared to Mera's main outfit in Aquaman. I was really looking forward to a Mera figure, but after seeing the latest version on screen I find myself wishing they hadn't strayed so far from her JL look. The more vibrant color makes sense, but IMO the suit looks like a glorified green unitard with sequins, and it doesn't really flatter Amber Heard's body. And let's not talk about her hair color.

View attachment 438473

I prefer the Aquaman costume. I wouldn't buy the JL version.

I prefer the Aquaman costume. I wouldn't buy the JL version.

I do think the JL version was a bit much, although I guess it could be argued it was designed to be more battle armor than an everyday outfit. I just think a happier medium could have been found, as the Aquaman suit seems almost plain in comparison. I found it odd given some of her other outfits (jellyfish dress!) in the movie. I suppose HT could give her the tiara and a weapon to bling her up a bit. That plus a smart material choice and the idealized female figure silhouette could still result in a home run.

You know, the length of her hair makes me think they'll go rooted instead of sculpted. Are we going to have to call the paramedics for you if that happens? :wink1:

Back