Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We at $600 millions in 6 days .. and hot toys doesn’t show us some love ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the money this movie is making I am sure we will get several figures. Only thing that could torpedo things is if the first couple of figures suffer from poor sales.

colecionatoy_47693698_343985399521256_6042835812536778233_n.jpg

Its a shame just how hard hot toys fails here. Top two accurately have the tatts on the neck clearly VISIBLE. They also fail hard in the hair and orange color of the suit. Cmon guys...what are they smoking?

I think the waist on the HT figure is too thick and the armor accents along the sides and hips (which also look too chunky) only compound things. The collar also looks better and more accurate on the Sideshow statue. Since these probably won't ship for at least a year, there is still time to tweak and improve. With the movie projected to hit $1B at the box office, and doing particularly well in China, you would think they would have announced Mera, Manta, and possibly Orm by now. However they've probably been focused on Avengers: Endgame, as well as Captain Marvel and Spider-man.

Saw the movie today, and HT needs to do Mera and Black Manta. And tidy up this figure. A new hair sculpt would be great, and some torso!hip slimming needs to happen. pics of the third party portrait prove that that rooted hair could work on this particular figure. Really really well.

The suit looks incredible in the film but god damn does this figure suck. I hope it gets revised before release.

Still holding out hope for this though:

aquaman.jpg

I think the waist on the HT figure is too thick and the armor accents along the sides and hips (which also look too chunky) only compound things. The collar also looks better and more accurate on the Sideshow statue. Since these probably won't ship for at least a year, there is still time to tweak and improve. With the movie projected to hit $1B at the box office, and doing particularly well in China, you would think they would have announced Mera, Manta, and possibly Orm by now. However they've probably been focused on Avengers: Endgame, as well as Captain Marvel and Spider-man.

I have to agree with you here there are not focusing on DC movies ..

I truly believe that . I just don’t see the point on making a figure like this so lame.. that look almost as the beginning of hot toys career.

They are to focused on marvel movies. Avengers : endgame just release the trailer and I bet that they all ready doing work on it ..

Is true Aquaman will hit $1 b and more .. probably Dc comics biggest movie yet ..

Is jut sad. I have been collecting hot toys DC Comics from day one but hot toys have let fans down ... canceling figures and 2 batmobile...

I told myself that if they didn’t do well for this movie Aquaman I will stop buying hot toys and put my money in statues like Prime1 which they are doing unbelievable good .. and some other . I used to be more into statues until the TDK line came out ..those were good times tumbler. .. bat pod .. etc. Now not even a decent proportional Dc figure we can get. Not to mention the amount of promise licenses that hot toys have without making a single one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing productive to add but my continued disappointment HT botched the sculpt on the biggest movie of the season and my favorite of the year. Good news is they’ll get another shot at this, especially if this monster hits $1 billion.

Exposed shoulder and ab crunch joints. Rubber arms or arms with exposed elbow joints. This would look like those horrible hulk figures.

I'm not bothered by exposed articulation. It's an action figure. If I don't want joints I'll buy a statue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not bothered by exposed articulation. It's an action figure. If I don't want joints I'll buy a statue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can buy a cheap action figure and save lots money and get all the articulation you need to facilitate your extensive play sessions.

since this is most likely going to be the top grossing DCU film I think it would be dumb for HT to not fix Aquamans sculpt/hair and release a Mera and Black Manta.

Back