Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's already been released in China how come no RT score yet?

Those box office numbers for China certainly bode well.

$93 million in one single weekend and one country only ...

Show me the money ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92a0dabf2f976fc8a7dac52fcba91472.jpg

We should get this armor

How about we let the first figure they are planning to release be a success first before telling them they should release something else? We have seen HT abandon lines if the first figure fails.

How about we let the first figure they are planning to release be a success first before telling them they should release something else? We have seen HT abandon lines if the first figure fails.

But a lot of collectors like myself will only buy Aquaman if we know Black Manta and Mera are to follow. I don't like Aquaman enough to have him as a standalone alone like I would Batman or Superman.

But a lot of collectors like myself will only buy Aquaman if we know Black Manta and Mera are to follow. I don't like Aquaman enough to have him as a standalone alone like I would Batman or Superman.

Yeah that's the vicious cycle/catch 22 whatever the term is. A lot of us only want complete collections but the toy makers' decision making teams think, we'll wait and see if the first one sells. I don't know the answer to that because even trying to gauge interest on forums or the success of a film is no guarantee that people will buy the figures, or enough that it will be worthwhile to fork up the up front costs of making them/getting licences approved etc. Is just the way it is unfortunately

Well this reminds me of the people waiting on ultimate Ultron and passing Ultron 1 and prime. Ultimate Ultron never got released because the first two didn't sell well and ended up being heavily discounted. If the first figure flop from a movie then good luck getting a second one

That seems unusual to me. Black Manta and Mera can only be less recognizable than Aquaman and they would help sell you on buying Aquaman himself? Personally if I'm not interested in the main character I'm definitely not interested in side characters.

Not having a dig at you, just genuinely curious what the thought process is there. We all have our collecting quirks.

That seems unusual to me. Black Manta and Mera can only be less recognizable than Aquaman and they would help sell you on buying Aquaman himself? Personally if I'm not interested in the main character I'm definitely not interested in side characters.

Not having a dig at you, just genuinely curious what the thought process is there. We all have our collecting quirks.

Because together Aquaman, Black Manta and Mera would make a cool display in one detolf window. Love the designs and bold colours. I'm not gonna get Aquaman to display just on his own and he doesn't fit into anything I have already.

I'm already getting the JL Aquaman to display with the rest of the team. Again I wouldn't have bought him as a standalone figure.

The only true standalone figure I have is the Reeve Superman and that's only because I'm such a big fan of the character. I just prefer displays that contain the villains and/or allies with each main character. With the exception of the Joker HT just don't give us enough DC villains. It's frustrating.

I just don't see why they would produce this while the JL version is isn't or hasn't been out for a while. Releasing this for PO would instantly cannibalize the sales of the JL version and they'd end up sitting on stock. Most people would take the traditional outfit over the JL one any day. This isn't a matter of "HT hates DC **** Marvel" that people want to parade about here, this is just a business fact.

I just don't see why they would produce this while the JL version is isn't or hasn't been out for a while. Releasing this for PO would instantly cannibalize the sales of the JL version and they'd end up sitting on stock. Most people would take the traditional outfit over the JL one any day. This isn't a matter of "HT hates DC **** Marvel" that people want to parade about here, this is just a business fact.

I agree with you 100%

Got back from my screening.

Hot toys needs to update the suit. It’s a Metallica armor. This figure looks like it’s wearing a rubber suit.

Also, this movie was pretty good. Best since Wonder Woman, and with a better third act than Wonder Woman. This takes place after justice league.

We should had one all ready by now ... if this was a marvel movie it would have been done like month ago ...

Is a week to open and nothing .. we just got a prototype at the con ...

Hands down, for me, best DC movie since the Nolan Batman flicks. Everything I wanted out of it. A shame this figure is so off the mark. May have to get a statue instead.

Back