Hot Toys Announces 3 New Iron Man 3 Figures (April 2013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Heartbreaker/Igor/Red Snapper COMING SOON

Depends on how you define crappy. They look amazing, but they have very little articulation. They're designed to be a cheaper alternative for people who want 1/6 scale, movie-accurate poses, and who don't need/want the ability to change from those poses.

I would say they are just statues with a few swap out options for display.

Poor iron man completists....

Last edited:

So they chose the 3 more childish designs rather than the ones that are actually original and interesting? Lame

Silver Centurion, Shotgun and Gemini please.

Oops...read wrong!.. Yay $1000 on three figures!

So they chose the 3 more childish designs rather than the ones that are actually original and interesting? Lame

Silver Centurion, Shotgun and Gemini please.

They are making them all eventually, Heartbreaker and gemini are the two i want.

Cant wait to see pics of heartbreaker :yess:

COMING SOON = Early 2015 release after being delayed from Mid 2014.

Not interested in waiting that long for these, will possibly get "Shotgun" and "Gemini" but not until they've been delayed countless times and are released in HK.

What's the usually time frame for HT from announcement to preorder? I hope these go up soon so I can get my order in.

I'm not too familiar with the Power Pose Series... they're basically a crappy version of the Iron Man Movie Masterpiece figures? Is that it?

Basically, it's Hot Toys answer to Kotobukiya's ArtFX line. Vinyl/resin status that usually come with swap out arms/heads for multiple posing options. They're static, but most of them offer at least 2 posing options.

What's the usually time frame for HT from announcement to preorder? I hope these go up soon so I can get my order in.

8-11 months from my experience. Except for DX12, which came early.
Actually arrived four days before Christmas in my case :D.

EDIT: And Avengers Mark VI, which came 2-3 months after placing my order.

8-11 months from my experience. Except for DX12, which came early.
Actually arrived four days before Christmas in my case :D.

EDIT: And Avengers Mark VI, which came 2-3 months after placing my order.

Thanks for the reply. So these were announced today and you are saying that we won't see the preorder go up for any of these for potentially as long as 11 months? That's a long time.

I think he misunderstood your question and thought you were asking the time between preorder and actual arrival of the product.

I'm assuming they are trying to capitalize on the movie's release by getting as many of these up for order as they can as soon as they can, which is a great strategy if they can do it.

But it will likely be 8-12 months before we actually start getting some of these in hand. The Diecast IP is currently listed as November 2013 and the Mk 42 is February 2014. It would be shocking of they weren't both delayed at all, so realistically you're talking 8-12 months. And those were announced weeks ago.

LOL sorry it's already past midnight in my place and I'm not reading things properly.. :lol oh my..

PO usually comes up from a few days (PPS??) up to 2-3 months (like Mk VII and bane) after teasers show up.

I won't be surprised if we get a new PO this friday though, seeing IM3 has a lot of things in store.

LOL sorry it's already past midnight in my place and I'm not reading things properly.. :lol oh my..

PO usually comes up from a few days up to 2-3 months (like Mk VII and bane) after teasers show up.

No worries. Thanks SixthScaleEdward. :duff

I think he misunderstood your question and thought you were asking the time between preorder and actual arrival of the product.

I'm assuming they are trying to capitalize on the movie's release by getting as many of these up for order as they can as soon as they can, which is a great strategy if they can do it.

But it will likely be 8-12 months before we actually start getting some of these in hand. The Diecast IP is currently listed as November 2013 and the Mk 42 is February 2014. It would be shocking of they weren't both delayed at all, so realistically you're talking 8-12 months. And those were announced weeks ago.

Got it. Thanks for the info cofphoto. :duff

Still no Pepper Potts announcement?
This is the 3rd movie.
I have a funny feeling she's going to be passed over.
And for what?
10 more different painted Iron suits?

What i'm actually really interested in seeing is the Mandarin figure. ;)

I don't know whether to be happy or not. I definitely think I'm going to give up on all the armors. I'll probably spring for the 42 Diecast, even though I'm annoyed by that change. If some of these other armors end up looking cool enough, I might go for them. I do really like the space and shotgun designs.

I'm sure these will all be great, but the announcement I really want to hear is the MK33. I'm actually surprised that it isn't one of the first suits announced. The Silver Centurion is a very iconic suit.

I'm also really hoping that an hommage to the Neo Classic Armor is in the movie, and we get a figure of that as well. It's actually something I want more than any other suit, but I'm also excited about the prospect of the MK33, and something resembling the Bleeding Edge armor. That would be really sick.

Back