Hot Toys Announce "The Expendables 2" License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Xmas pal. :wink1:

Unless they update the Ross head sculpt, why bother making the figure? It would be the same head sculpt from the first film with new clothes and a much higher price tag. Pass.....

Merry Christmas!:clap

Yep the ship has sailed..on this, Prometheus, XFC..

now on to NEW licenses which may or may not be done!

Well, Enterbay is releasing their Van Damme soon. They posted a pic of him with Sly and Dolph Lundgren, so maybe we'll get a figure based on his character from the expendables 2!

I'm so dissapointed in HT right now.

Well, Enterbay is releasing their Van Damme soon. They posted a pic of him with Sly and Dolph Lundgren, so maybe we'll get a figure based on his character from the expendables 2!

It wont be based on Expendables because HT has the license for both movies. If we get an older hs from EB, then we can bash Jean Vilain.:hi5:

Art Figures is making a Jason Statham Lee Christmas figure. Head Play & Kaustic Plastik have great head sculpts for making Expendables. Just check my previous posts to see what they look like.

Yeah the AF Statham is good enough actually at a very fair price.HT won't bother.

Yeah the AF Statham is good enough actually at a very fair price.HT won't bother.

If you don't have any bashed, then yes the AF X-MAS is great. I like my custom though, so I just want to upgrade his throwing knives & vest. I think that the AF body is too tall and will be out of scale next to the HT Sly. Those guys are the same height at around 5'8''-5'9" and I like to have figures in scale. I put my AF Bruce Willis next to my Barney Ross and he towered over him. I think BW is about 5'10''-5'11''. The AF was taller than my Dolph too.... can't have that.:slap

Last edited:

Oh snap, i thought the Van Damme figure was a whiles off from EB *off to check that thread* ;)

I'm really beginning to hope that this will skip Specs and Pics stage and be a "surprise release" like Jim Gordon was.

I can't think of what a hold-up could be that would last this long when the figure was pretty much complete in the summer. The fact it shared a page with Selina Kyle with promo pics too, makes me believe that HT's have an issue with something regarding the license and haven't told us (most likely), or HT's are planning something very special regarding other key members of the Expendables team (highly, highly unlikely as this is Hot Toys after all)

I'm really beginning to hope that this will skip Specs and Pics stage and be a "surprise release" like Jim Gordon was.

I can't think of what a hold-up could be that would last this long when the figure was pretty much complete in the summer. The fact it shared a page with Selina Kyle with promo pics too, makes me believe that HT's have an issue with something regarding the license and haven't told us (most likely), or HT's are planning something very special regarding other key members of the Expendables team (highly, highly unlikely as this is Hot Toys after all)

To be honest..... I think there too busy cashing in on Marvel & DC stuff right now. All the blockbuster movies & superheroes are the main focus for them. This line is collecting dust though and the Expendables fanbase has been waiting long enough for figures.:mad:

If you don't have any bashed, then yes the AF X-MAS is great. I like my custom though, so I just want to upgrade his throwing knives & vest. I think that the AF body is too tall and will be out of scale next to the HT Sly. Those guys are the same height at around 5'8''-5'9" and I like to have figures in scale. I put my AF Bruce Willis next to my Barney Ross and he towered over him. I think BW is about 5'10''-5'11''. The AF was taller than my Dolph too.... can't have that.:slap

I would hate that too,i have a few HT TT's so i might just swap the AF body for that one if i get Statham.

While it is a shame that HT can't be more active with all their licenses, I can see their reasons for Marvel and DC over others. I myself have quite a lot of figures from the Nolan trilogy, as well previously had figures from Thor before I sold them.

In my opinion it's almost a sure thing to say a character with fantasy/sci-fi elements would outsell a character who is basically just a glorified soldier, purely because it may have more creative features that will help it stand out amongst different releases.

Still doesn't affect me wanting my Stallone though!

I would hate that too,i have a few HT TT's so i might just swap the AF body for that one if i get Statham.

Yes, I used a HT advance reg for Statham with feet in molded boots. That body has enough bulk and not too tall. For Dolph I used a Cap Body with feet & molded boots with extra padding under the feet for more height. It's hard to get a figure to look about 6'5'', but I did my best. They both look good next to Sly.

Headplay did a great job on that Statham.which im probably getting for an alternate head for the AF figure.I think both headsculpts look great in their own way.
I was considering making a Dolph of my own because i want that one more than any other Expendables character,but i passed because i don't like that Headplay Dolph sculpt.

Back