Hot Toys Ani Com Exclusive Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Migwit said:
I got my Ani-Com Scar Exclusive today!! Got it off eBay for $175 shipped. Don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent, but it was the only place I could find it and I missed out on the "Sideshow" Scar figure, and prices for the 'regular' Scar have been around $150-$175 anyway, and I really like the 'battle damaged' head with the green goo that comes in the Con Exclusive. That's the head I'll display him with.

There's a couple of these Scar Anime Con Exclusives on eBay at the moment.

Cool!

You problably got yours where I got mine. I think the price is great! I mean, if Customikey were to paint green goo on a head he'd charge like $40 anyway. Add that to the SRP and we're talking $170 plus you get an altogether different head that's worth well more than $5 in my view.

I'm thinking of installing the bloodied head on the Flashback Elder unless he comes with a unique paint scheme.

That was kind of my thinking, too, gdb! I'm pleased with it, no regrets!

I contacted the seller and he's indicated he has one left and gave me permission to post this link, in case anyone wants one of these before they're all gone!:

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20029&cat=112&page=1

I was pleased with this seller as far as my transaction, and this still looks to be a good price! :D

Ha! Is Toy Square Serpant99? How did I miss that?

The more I pose my Ani-Com Scar the more I'm convinced that he comes with a V2 Predator body. It may just be the shoulder balls but there's an improved catching type mechanism thing going on that makes the arms so much more stable than my poor Celtic.

I'm almost positive that Serpant99 and Toy Square are one and the same. I've had dealings with both on ebay and they always come through.

I'm assuming that you could only find them from overseas eh? Thanks so much for helping me out here screamingmetal... I really appreciate it.

This picture reminds me of the Insane Clown Posse for some reasons...

Can't wait for the Hot Toys Giger Alien one day. Until then...

gdb said:
This picture reminds me of the Insane Clown Posse for some reasons...

Can't wait for the Hot Toys Giger Alien one day. Until then...

Now that you mention it, I can see it in that pic. :lol
The second head is interesting, but that's really the only thing that's different between the two Scar releases. I definitely prefer the Ani-Com version more. But I'll live with the first one. I looked on ebay, the second head is available separately for $39 or something. Combined with the first Scar, it's about what you'd pay if you bought the whole Ani-Com Predator. The expression on the screaming head could be better, I'd like it to be much wider then it is here.

screamingmetal said:
Now that you mention it, I can see it in that pic. :lol
The second head is interesting, but that's really the only thing that's different between the two Scar releases. I definitely prefer the Ani-Com version more. But I'll live with the first one. I looked on ebay, the second head is available separately for $39 or something. Combined with the first Scar, it's about what you'd pay if you bought the whole Ani-Com Predator. The expression on the screaming head could be better, I'd like it to be much wider then it is here.

Yeah, as a screaming head it could be -- should be -- wider. Of course if it was you couldn't put the helmet on it. :D Not that that was what Hot Toys was going after as it's merely a repaint of the Elder head. I dig it as a relaxed expression. I expect (hope) to see a full out screaming Predator head in the future -- maybe for the Predator One monster. I did some research and the helmet is definately a repaint, but, yeah, it's really the second head that is the draw.

193399182.jpg

193399180.jpg

Original Scar with the Alt Head & Ani-Com Exclusive.

Nice comparisson shot, Dassy! I like how the bloody head looks on the original release figure.

gdb said:
Nice comparisson shot, Dassy! I like how the bloody head looks on the original release figure.

Cheers gdb,

It ia the exact same Original Scar head but with some green blood.

:cool:

Mine arrived today. Can't really add much to what has been said. The pics on the box have it holding the spear in his left hand, but on mine the hand is so closed I haven't been able to open it yet. Changing heads is going to be a real problem too. Here's a couple of quick snaps.

Last edited:
creecher said:
Mine arrived today. Can't really add much to what has been said. The pics on the box have it holding the spear in his left hand, but on mine the hand is so closed I haven't been able to open it yet. Changing heads is going to be a real problem too. Here's a couple of quick snaps.

Congrats on getting him, creecher. You need to fix his hair though. :D

He looks great next to your alien warrior! I'm not sure I would switch the head out. I'm gonna either use my bloodied head on the Flashback Elder when he comes out or see if Darkartist or Customikey would be up to repainting it to look like the Celtic prototype and then swap it out on my Celtic.

Back