Hot Toys Ani Com Exclusive Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, guys! That is a find. With only 200 made, I wish they came with a numbered COA.

Sorry to hear that Darth. This was my first Predator and I cannot contain my happiness with him. It was worth every penny. The detail is absolutely incredible. Right now, he rivals every 1:6 figure in my collection. He is definitely the masterpiece of my collection (that is until ED-209 arrives)! I am now seriously considering purchasing all of the other Predators. I was originally turned off by the cost of these things but the size and detailing are worth it. They make Sideshows figures almost look Hasbro-ish by comparison.

decadentdave said:
Sorry to hear that Darth. This was my first Predator and I cannot contain my happiness with him. It was worth every penny. The detail is absolutely incredible. Right now, he rivals every 1:6 figure in my collection. He is definitely the masterpiece of my collection (that is until ED-209 arrives)! I am now seriously considering purchasing all of the other Predators. I was originally turned off by the cost of these things but the size and detailing are worth it. They make Sideshows figures almost look Hasbro-ish by comparison.

Don't get me wrong. I have the other four Predator figures in my collection already. Those are fantastic beyond words! I think my situation is just the reverse of yours. I have seen these four times over and the exclusive just does not seem to equal the cost when it came to this figure.

Well then if you already have Scar then I can understand why you feel it isn't a good value since it is essentially the same figure with the extra battle-damaged head and the redesigned helmet. Since I have not seen the regular Scar, this thing just blows me away. I can't stop staring at. Truly a museum quality figure. Now I'm at a loss as to which one to get next. I want them all!

Darth Kustomizer said:
Don't get me wrong. I have the other four Predator figures in my collection already. Those are fantastic beyond words! I think my situation is just the reverse of yours. I have seen these four times over and the exclusive just does not seem to equal the cost when it came to this figure.

Well if you're saying you've already got a Scar Predator, then I can understand what you're saying. I don't think anyone needs two Scars.

It was chance that my pre-order for the original Scar fell through. Otherwise I would have passed as well. Instead I feel very lucky that it played out how it did.

Decadentdave, you're describing how I felt when I got my first Hot Toys figure (Celtic). They may cost twice what a Sideshow figure does but they are more than worth it.

If you are considering picking up the others, just know that while I am a huge fan of the Celtic, I'm the first to point out that he comes a body that is disappointingly loose when compared to the Ani-Com.

Back