Hot Toys Ani Com Exclusive Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I would think they are just saying it is a new sculpt for the helmet. A design update.

creecher said:
Yes, I would think they are just saying it is a new sculpt for the helmet. A design update.
You may be right. Now that you meniton it, there was one design flaw in the original which was that the scar burned into the helmet was actually painted on. They might of corrected that oversight.

OK, what the heck are these??? Ape Explorers???

20Apexplorercopy.jpg

20Junglecopy.jpg

:confused:

Too expensive is what they are.

I believe the ape head is just a mask. ????? or maybe not, or maybe just on some. Whatever it is it's just very very strange.

Check out their Brothersworker Copperhead. An early days deep sea diver. Although the neck section on it is rather elongated.

Last edited:
Just got mine. Had I known that the helmet could fit over the "fierce" face, I wouldn't have hesitated so long before ordering one. (Of course, had I not hesitated so long I wouldn't have stumbled on to the low price that I eventurally paid, but that's neither here nor there.)

Anyone else get their's yet?

gdb said:
Just got mine. Had I known that the helmet could fit over the "fierce" face, I wouldn't have hesitated so long before ordering one. (Of course, had I not hesitated so long I wouldn't have stumbled on to the low price that I eventurally paid, but that's neither here nor there.)

Anyone else get their's yet?

Let's see it :eek:

I'll probably skip on the Ani Com Predator. I got the first Scar and don't need another one.
But on a related note, my Celtic Predator came today from Sideshow! :joy

Wor-Gar said:
Let's see it :eek:

Just some fast shots since all the old pics in this thread have faded away. I'll try to take some better pics when I get his joints loosened up a bit and his dreads under control. They definately improved the wires to the helmet and I was surprised to see that his stand even reads "Scar Predator Ani-Com Hong Kong Exclusive". (Thank goodness the Brits turned Hong Kong into a Western city so the stand is in English!) His other head is the normal Scar head but with some splashes of green "blood" on it near the mouth.

NICE! I have Scar... but I do prefer the open mouth of the Exclusive. Had no idead the mask would fit over that new face. That's cool. I wish I had the funds and the room to pick up this one.

Is there any noticable difference in his mask? or just the 2nd head?

nash said:
Is there any noticable difference in his mask? or just the 2nd head?

Mostly it's just the head. The stand is different, as I noted above, and the box is different, of course.

I've never seen the 1st mask in person so I don't know.

I can tell you that the wires seem to be much better than the Celtic's, at first I thought they were glued into the helmet but now I think they're just a better fit and seemingly strong enough for the helmet to hang by them either behind his back or swinging in the front. One of the eBay auctions listed the helmet as being upgraded, but unless it's the painting, I'm not sure how it could be different.
EDIT: Just compared it to my Celtic's and it very well might be molded out of a lighter plastic. And I think it may have darker highlights.

So the orginal head has green "blood" and the second head is a repaint of the upcoming Elder head (but without the spike stuble on the forehead). And while the mask fits absoluetely perfectly on the orginal head, it fits pretty darn snug on the "fierce" face, too.

There are a couple differences that I've noticed between the first Scar and this one but I think they're changes made throughout the line -- this one has the newer sandals that the Elder and the Flashback Elder and Chopper comes with. His cannon bit has real wires sticking out while the first edition (assuming from the Celtic) had wires sculpted in the mold. The netting is a breeze to apply, which is not what has been reported by other Scar owners. And the body is tighter than my Celtic's.

Last edited:
I preordered the SS exc. Ancient Elder because I thought it looked fairly close to the scar version which i missed out on. I haven't seen real detailed pics tho. Anyone know if it does look pretty close? The dreads looked black as opposed to grey like the other elder. Anyone know for sure. If the dreads are black I'll probably keep the Preorder, if not I'll probably cancel.

I got my Ani-Com Scar Exclusive today!! Got it off eBay for $175 shipped. Don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent, but it was the only place I could find it and I missed out on the "Sideshow" Scar figure, and prices for the 'regular' Scar have been around $150-$175 anyway, and I really like the 'battle damaged' head with the green goo that comes in the Con Exclusive. That's the head I'll display him with.

There's a couple of these Scar Anime Con Exclusives on eBay at the moment.

anti-hero said:
I preordered the SS exc. Ancient Elder because I thought it looked fairly close to the scar version which i missed out on. I haven't seen real detailed pics tho. Anyone know if it does look pretty close? The dreads looked black as opposed to grey like the other elder. Anyone know for sure. If the dreads are black I'll probably keep the Preorder, if not I'll probably cancel.

They look black in these pics.

Back