Hot Toys Ani Com Exclusive Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for HT to get the original Predator license which I believe they are pursuing based on the HT Aliens line success. When and if that happens I will be jumping in big time...

pjam said:
Still waiting for HT to get the original Predator license which I believe they are pursuing based on the HT Aliens line success. When and if that happens I will be jumping in big time...

Saaaaaaaaaame here!

Dassy said:
Item: It is the new version of HOT TOYS AVP SCAR PREDATOR 1:6 figure, which is specially made for the HK Ani-Com festival exclusively sale only, its prod quantity is only 200pcs. Item will not be sent to the US selling, so it is harder to find, or saying impossible to find at the US mkt,The figure comes with two head, and its helmet has a new printed by hand of the craftsman. Item 's finishing is higher than the last lot products.
BRAND: HOT TOYS
PRODUCTION QTY: (limited edition 200 pcs)
SIZE: 14-inch tall for the figure, 1:6 scale, w/ poseable action

2228_06.jpg

Why do the Chinese hate Americans so much??

LOL!

That looks pretty cool.
I'm not sure how versatile having the two heads is, as it is pretty difficult to put those heads on...
It would be interesting to see one up close though, the mention of the "finish" could mean a really great paint job.

pjam said:
3rd'ed.:chew

out of the 4 preds that HT has made (or will soon) which one looks the most like the Pred in the 1st movie? do all the figs have helments? thanks

Out of all of them, I'd say the Scar Predator looks the closest. All the Hot Toys Preds use the same armor with some pieces removed and the gauntlets having different attachments from figure to figure for variety. The main difference seems to be the helmet designs. I don't know if it's accurate to AVP and I'm not too inclined to watch the movie a second time to check.:)

Mookeylama said:
out of the 4 preds that HT has made (or will soon) which one looks the most like the Pred in the 1st movie? do all the figs have helments? thanks

Yes, Scar is the closest as stated above. The mask is similar, not exact but close enough that most won't be able to tell. The armor on all the AvP Preds is far too ornate to match the more "modern" streamlined type armor the Original Predator wears. Still, I have Scar and he's awesome. He's worth every penny I paid. And I'll pay that again if they ever do a proper Predator.

Mookeylama said:

They all have helmets... except the Elder Predator won't be able, or so it seems, to wear his. He sports the repainted head that comes with the con exclusive -- or vice versa. (It looks like the helmet might be able to fit on his shoulder for some reason which might prevent it from from fitting on the other Preds. Might not. Who knows...)

Celtic and Scar both have the same head with the exact same paint job minus the scar... and I assume that the Sideshow exclusive and the Chopper Pred will have the same (except the exclusive will probably have the scar painted on as well).

Yes, Scar is the closest.

Scar has an over the shoulder ring of bones like Predator 1 did (as opposed to Celtic) and he has a helmet most like him and also has the bomb on his left wrist -- unlike the other Preds. The Sideshow exclusive Pred has a helmet close to Scar's but more ornate, and he doesn't come with the bomb (instead he comes with what looks like a left handed set of blades) but he comes with a severed Alien head.

My gut tells me that 2007 will see either a Predator one Pred or a Predator 2 Pred or both.

Sideshow exclusive Hot Toys Predator? Sigh. Hold on, I've got to go order something....:lol

Dassy said:
Item: It is the new version of HOT TOYS AVP SCAR PREDATOR 1:6 figure, which is specially made for the HK Ani-Com festival exclusively sale only, its prod quantity is only 200pcs. Item will not be sent to the US selling, so it is harder to find, or saying impossible to find at the US mkt,The figure comes with two head, and its helmet has a new printed by hand of the craftsman. Item 's finishing is higher than the last lot products.
BRAND: HOT TOYS
PRODUCTION QTY: (limited edition 200 pcs)
SIZE: 14-inch tall for the figure, 1:6 scale, w/ poseable action

2228_05.jpg

2228_06.jpg

2228_01.jpg

2228_03.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! I'm thinking I will save my $200.00 when it comes to this figure.

Dassy said:
Item: and its helmet has a new printed by hand of the craftsman. Item 's finishing is higher than the last lot products.

Does anyone out there have any idea what the hell is being referred to here in the item description?

Are they trying to tell us that the helmet is a new design?

Back