Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior Image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am used to it being taped somewhere on the bottom of the figure tray. Lesson learned- expect the unexpected. :lol

Regardless this is a really kick ass figure. I will take some pictures of it tomorrow for everyone. Overall I really like the Aliens design better but this one still looks bad to the bone. He is a lot more stable too. And to answer a question I have heard many times before: there appears to be a bit of sculpting or scarring where the grid lines are. So they are not just painted on. :)

Grid was the only AvP Alien figure I got, basically because he was the hero Alien warrior. The scarring on his head dome isn't as deep as it was in the movie, but the lines are definitely there. I plan to cut them deeper when time permits, using some excellent screen grabs from the movie (thanks again, Dek!) for reference. Also, the color of the blood is a bit too green, so that will be remedied as well. I think Griddy will look a whole lot better after a little makeover work. I'll post some pics when he's finished. :D

Grid is one figure that just screams for some customization.
I sent Les mine (didn't cancel the order on time) as part of a trade and I anxiously wait to see what he will do with it!

Grid is one figure that just screams for some customization.
I sent Les mine (didn't cancel the order on time) as part of a trade and I anxiously wait to see what he will do with it!

Excellent! No doubt Les will do a bangup job on him, as usual. I've been looking forward to detailing mine ever since I got him, after watching the DVD again and comparing the details. I'm sure it'll be loads of fun getting him to look as good as he did in the movie. I love the facehugger that came with him too, with the bendy tail and fingers. It looks great just as it is.

Back