Hot Toys Adam West Batman figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I'm not just reviewing one of my Holy Grails - I'm reviewing the number one, most important, all time critical Holy Grail - the 1960's Adam West Batman from Hot Toys. I can now die happy, even though I'm not as perfectly pleased as I wish I was with the final result. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_043014a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review as always.

I'm in the same boat as you. This IS my holy grail line and I'm hoping HTs makes a good run at it. Maybe some great store exclusives like Egghead, Madhatter and pink cowl Bats and great regular releases of ALL the main villians. Oh yeah! And a giant clam to swallow Robin whole!

Ultimately, my hopes for this line, villainwise, at the very least, are Penguin, Riddler, and Joker with these exact expressions:

burgess_meredith_penguin.jpg

RiddlerGorshin.jpg

screen-capture-4.png

Though, I'd love it if they went all out and gave Romero an additional portrait:

2679538-the-joker-ceasar-romero.jpg

With that in mind, my perfect line-up would be the dynamic duo, those three, and round the whole thing out with Batgirl and Catwoman.

A little saddened about the jumpsuit fabric being so fragile, but it really shouldn't be much of a surprise considering the Reeves Superman's jumpsuit was pretty fragile too.

Yeah, my Reeve Superman's suit is still in perfect condition considering that I got it pre-owned.Reeve Superman suit's material should only be kept away from sharp/rough/pointed materials, but West Batman's suit seems so fragile you can't even touch it. It's like a cotton ball that gets fibrous with normal handling.

I had 3 Reeves in hand at one time or another (not sure why :lol ), but only one had a couple of snags. They were very minor, and were not caused by the kind of handling that leads t them on Bats.

You didn't mention my one problem with this figure - the hook on the cape. I'm going to stitch mine closed it bothers me so much.

But I'm in the same boat - I'm only got back into 1/6 collecting 18 years ago because I'd hoped someone would make this figure. If they stop at just R&B I'm going to be very disappointed. But I'm actually considering a set for every room in the house and my office at work.

Every time I read another of your reviews, I learn so much, which is what I'm trying to do, figure by figure. AND they're funny!

Thanks Dani! And yes, they better not end here...I really hope we see something - a Joker perhaps - in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the beautiful pics and the great review! I mentioned the Batsuit issue in the comments field at Sideshow.com. I'm surprised they published it lol.
**for any future buyers**
It is ABSOLUTELY critical to use gloves when handling this piece and as Darklord Dave mentioned watch out for the snaps! They can be a real danger to this piece.

Here's a few snaps of my Bats!

AW_Bats1.jpg

AW_Bats2.jpg

Back