Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leonidas was the first 1/6 figure i ever bought, now i got 40 -50 plus........but leonidas is pure eye candy and really stands out from the crowd.

Need to learn how to upload pics........just bought a couple of custom stands for a few figures i put together from a fellow freak mudblood , and promised to upload the pics of the figures with the new stands , once i learn how to upload pics will post the lot.

He's a great figure, but I must admit having to keep him in a static pose for fear of rips and tears in the rubber body doesn't make him worth $600 and I'm glad I didn't pay that much for mine. If you're going to keep him mint in box maybe, but then you're really not getting the full enjoyment on that hand of it either. So it really comes down to what you're wanting it for, and how bad.

He's a great figure, but I must admit having to keep him in a static pose for fear of rips and tears in the rubber body doesn't make him worth $600 and I'm glad I didn't pay that much for mine. If you're going to keep him mint in box maybe, but then you're really not getting the full enjoyment on that hand of it either. So it really comes down to what you're wanting it for, and how bad.

Oh ok, well I been reading the threads and havent really heard of anyone having rips or tears on the body is that common. Someone offered me theirs for $550. Said its in mint condition and never removed or displayed. I will probably just display him inside a detolf display case in a normal pose. Just trying to justify the price tag from $170 back then to $550 now. Do you have any pics of yours?
I mean I liked the movie

Yeh, it's beautiful to look at but I sold mine. I was tempted to keep it just for its historical value (engineering-wise) - but even as a set-and-forget collector, I couldn't see the point in having a figure that offered just one safe posing option and that might rot in a few years regardless. I wasn't big on the movie either though.

Yeh, it's beautiful to look at but I sold mine. I was tempted to keep it just for its historical value (engineering-wise) - but even as a set-and-forget collector, I couldn't see the point in having a figure that offered just one safe posing option and that might rot in a few years regardless. I wasn't big on the movie either though.

Dang that sucks, Do you know of anyone that owns this figure that has come across signs of rot in the rubber....would like to see some pics if possible.....Just want to keep him in a standard pose.

Dang that sucks, Do you know of anyone that owns this figure that has come across signs of rot in the rubber....would like to see some pics if possible.....Just want to keep him in a standard pose.

i've only seen a couple of instances where the rubber body has torn or perished - and at least one of those was a result of the owner obviously having attempted to raise the arm above the head. After 4-5 years since the figure was released it seems to have held up really well. Your chances of getting one in excellent condition are good. Who knows, the figure might last as long as any other figure you'd buy.

No pictures on file, but if I did it probably would be just his hands down by his sides holding his spear and shield. As for problem I've had, his sheath came apart and I had to super-glue it back together.

I've had mine for a few years and no problems yet.
But I do wish I could pose it in more dramatics ways... Has anybody tried switching the body?

If you're looking for dynamic poses your best bet would be to grab a rubber body and just bash one, as parts are all over Ebay.

Leo's one of my grails but I wouldn't pay $600 + for any 1/6. Really comes down to making your own call on its value.

If you're looking for dynamic poses your best bet would be to grab a rubber body and just bash one, as parts are all over Ebay.

Leo's one of my grails but I wouldn't pay $600 + for any 1/6. Really comes down to making your own call on its value.

Yeah Ive been looking on ebay to bash one, but even when I add up all the accessories, head, spear, shield etc comes out to around $400-$450....thanks for the advice........

Yeah Ive been looking on ebay to bash one, but even when I add up all the accessories, head, spear, shield etc comes out to around $400-$450....thanks for the advice........

I'm not sure if there's a knock off head, I never looked for one but if there is that would save a huge chunk. I have seen a knock off shield, and I'm certain you can get a cheaper red cape that would look just as good. There's got to be some other spears in 1/6 I'd think, probably with Samaurai type figures or something.

Another option would be to try and trade for one, you never know if you'll get any hits. That's how I got my Davy Jones and that figure is going for more than Leo typically. :yess:

Thanks!

That first one looks like it's straight from the set, priced like it too :lol

The second is pretty good for a bash imo.

A few pics of mine. Just arrived today :rock

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Back