Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sy2oau.jpg

seems to be worse in Balboa's case.. lemme check the Italian stallion figure too.

Those are plugs. When the body is cast, they have to support the armature inside the mold as the rubber is injected to keep it in place. Once the rubber has cooled they insert those plugs to cover the holes. They all have them. Some may be more flush then others but all armature bodies have them.

They are mold injection marks as I pointed out a while back. I wouldn't worry about the unless they have changed in some way since purchase.

Leo is happier than ever. Haven't checked on him in about 4 months and everything is in the same shape as when I got him a couple years ago. Until I can display him properly behind glass, I'm keeping the box in an easily accessible spot in my stash/storage so I can check in for degradation more frequently. That said, he does have this little slice on his right shoulder but that's the way it was from day one and I bought this NISB. So this is my only damage to speak about

And like these guys mentioned, the things that I called pits are plugged holes from the injection moulding, so it's normal for all bodies made with this method to have them.

I wonder if the North East humidity finally came in useful for something and is the reason why I didn't get and degradation. I'm also wondering if it's smart to leave the silica packet in the box or take it out. It's been in this whole time and I haven't had a problem but I wonder what the outcome will be going forward

I wonder if the North East humidity finally came in useful for something and is the reason why I didn't get and degradation. I'm also wondering if it's smart to leave the silica packet in the box or take it out. It's been in this whole time and I haven't had a problem but I wonder what the outcome will be going forward

Ah!! The Humidity factor!! :goodpost:

Has anyone ever seen this leonidas battle damaged? Ive looked all around and there seems to be no battle damaged customs ever done.

I think we haven't seen many rubber problems because people are long since aware of the potential for catastrophe here.
Every pic I ever see is neutral arms down pose, trying to create as little stress as possible.

Man I would love to get this figure. I have a head. Lol and it's missing the pony tail. Oh and the box. Got that too. This is my number one missing figure. Parts are so hard to find, and I just can't/won't do 500-600 for a half naked figure. Though I'm tempted. If anyone runs across one cheap, even broken, or loose let me know, please.

I think we haven't seen many rubber problems because people are long since aware of the potential for catastrophe here.
Every pic I ever see is neutral arms down pose, trying to create as little stress as possible.

:lecture Whoever bought mine got a figure that was barely posed since mint. A landmark figure that I might've held on to for its innovation of the day, but... what's the fun in having a poseable figure that you can't pose for fear of ruining it? I guess an option would have been to swap out the original body, but I took the money and ran.

Back