Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Whoever bought mine got a figure that was barely posed since mint. A landmark figure that I might've held on to for its innovation of the day, but... what's the fun in having a poseable figure that you can't pose for fear of ruining it? I guess an option would have been to swap out the original body, but I took the money and ran.

i felt the same way with hellboy. hellboy out, kroenen in narrow body stays. :lol

I tattered up the cape on mine. :)

ive seen the cape done but im talking about the entire figure. I really want to do it to all of my roman, greek figures but this is the only one holding me back. IT will look stupid if i got a batlle damaged russel crowe roman general, perseus, achilles coming out, and spartacus thracian also coming out battle damaged and then theres the king leo all nice and clean like he has never been in battle lol

ive seen the cape done but im talking about the entire figure. I really want to do it to all of my roman, greek figures but this is the only one holding me back. IT will look stupid if i got a batlle damaged russel crowe roman general, perseus, achilles coming out, and spartacus thracian also coming out battle damaged and then theres the king leo all nice and clean like he has never been in battle lol

Pick up a CM toys body to use for BD? :huh

I just got one and its way to dark
Also i would stipp have to do the armor and helmet wich could still ruin the fogure lol. Decisions decisions.

Oh, there's 3 diff skin tones of CM bodies though right? You could always bang it with a coat of paint.

Are there spare Spartan helmets from those Apocolite figs on ebay?

Finally tracked one of these down after years for less than an arm and leg. Will be here Thursday :yess: :panic:

:rock congrats mate! Part of the reason I passed mine on was because I really didn't enjoy the movie. But if I was a fan I would've kept it for sure, even with the risk that it might deteriorate at some point in the future... c'est la vie :)

:rock congrats mate! Part of the reason I passed mine on was because I really didn't enjoy the movie. But if I was a fan I would've kept it for sure, even with the risk that it might deteriorate at some point in the future... c'est la vie :)

Thanks LJ! :hi5: Not a fan of the movie? Impossibru! :panic:

6FQBb8yl.jpg

xKSi6b3l.jpg

lookin for one to purchase now! heads up if anyone knows or hears of one up for sale plz! thanks freaks :pray:

Definitely. This is proof positive that time doesn't always equal progression. Leo is one a few figs that was ahead of his time and in some cases even surpasses today's standards. He has a better likeness than a GOOD handful of things we've seen released after him

Can definitely see this one getting the 2.0 treatment. Anyone who says it doesn't need to be 2.0'd -- I'd definitely agree, but would caution the 2.0 series' inception was a cash in on a previous release being reintroduced to a bigger fan base with the Mark I, a figure that didn't really benefit it but went for silly money on the secondary market. The big hitters will always get remade.

Back