Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugg.... what a weird feeling this thing gives me. Like this feeling of dread.

I know i want it which makes me happy, but at the same time I know its going to be huge and expensive and I have no where to put it. And then knowing there probably more must haves to come.

Can you imagine if Hot Toys got the James Bond license?
Little Nellie, the Bell X1 jetpack, the DB5...

Nice photos, pjam!

My pleasure! It was quite a sight, believe me.

Only too happy to share it with you guys. :D

Pjam, it frustrates me to no end that I have been right where you took all those photos, and there was no Tumbler there when I was! Therefore, I MUST get a HT Tumbler!
And Pod! Both! Upcoming new DK Bats needs his ride too!

Already saving and already pitching stuff off the list. Gone, are PF Indy, :monkey2 sorry, and HT ALIEN Dallas (damned if I am giving up Kane!) and :monkey2 sadly, :monkey2 General Kenobi.
Oh well! I prefer Batman stuff to those anyway!
Always have, always will! :rock

Damn the man! :rock

Sorry to leapfrog on ya Venny, but I thought this post was important. :D

Pjam, it frustrates me to no end that I have been right where you took all those photos, and there was no Tumbler there when I was! Therefore, I MUST get a HT Tumbler!
And Pod! Both! Upcoming new DK Bats needs his ride too!

Already saving and already pitching stuff off the list. Gone, are PF Indy, :monkey2 sorry, and HT ALIEN Dallas (damned if I am giving up Kane!) and :monkey2 sadly, :monkey2 General Kenobi.
Oh well! I prefer Batman stuff to those anyway!
Always have, always will! :rock

Damn the man! :rock

Yes indeeed, Les. You were there! Right there! We must try to meet again.

Again, some of you (including me) need to start making decisions as I think the Tumbler may be rolling out sooner than we are accustomed to.

For me, I plan to flip a HT Clean Wolf Exclusive with Chestburster ( I have 2 on order) and have also cancelled a few SSC P.O. items. Hope this covers the Tumbler.

My best guess is the Tumbler will be priced at 229 - 275 Depending on where you order. The US Dealer will be higher as they have to pay to have these shipped from HK but will also have reasonable Shipping costs within the US so I think it may balance out, we'll see. Overall Tumbler cost may be $300 range.

I think we have a few months before the release date and Joe may be our best option here as he may offer a Flex pay option and won't charge Freaks until the item ships.

As bad as I want the Tumbler, I just don't think I have the room for it :monkey2

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00822-1.jpg
:drool:drool

thats the most beautiful rear end i've ever seen.

I wish you were all there with me to hear this thing power up. And see it Driven off the ramp, back up on Hollywood Blvd and into the Theatre Entrance.

How's that for walking into a Batman Film on Opening Day?! :D

On that first pic you reposted, I had to sneak past Security barriers and literally lean real close to the Trailer. I was just a few feet from it as the Engine roared and the lights came on. The best part? I was in and out in a flash and nobody caught me...

Okay, some are asking how big this SHOULD be. DarklordDave has weighed in on this, and he is usually right on the money.

I googled the specs and found this. Don't know how accurate it is, but gives you guys a pretty good idea...

Spec

2.5 tons
9 feet 4 inches wide
15 feet long
HOOSIER racetrack tires on front
4 Rear 44 inch SUPER SWAMPERS, a our wheel drive conversion component
Jet burner in rear with vector controls for the jet
Backend flaps for quick stops
Landing Hook
Enabled with front-firing machine guns
Built-in safety link for petrol control
Built-in fire extinguisher system
Front wheels on bolted arms for an axel-less front end
Conventional single axel rear end

15 ft converted to 1/6 Scale = 2.5 ft or 30 Inches. That ain't small. I don't know if HT will make one that big, we'll see.

Last edited:
Wow. Simply amazing! As cool as the tumbler is, something that big would have to be the centerpiece of my collection as it would literally be too big to put anywhere else. And I think I rather have something else be that centerpiece, maybe a MR Falcon if I can ever afford it. So I think I am going to have to pass on the Tumbler unless its <$300.

The batpod on the other hand...

I am still in shock that we are getting these. I also may have to cancel Indy stuff now. Batman's my all time favorite superhero, so it makes sense!:duh

I've already canceled the Exclusive Samaritan, Mr Blonde & the Hobbits. I will make this work even if I have to sell some plasma.

Wont be able to afford this, and dont have the space,

but I picked up the 1:6th R/C Tumbler

so seeing all the lights on this bad boy gives me some customising ideas

Still wont have the space to display it though :) well not until the wife lets me move my office into another part of the house !

I wish you were all there with me to hear this thing power up. And see it Driven off the ramp, back up on Hollywood Blvd and into the Theatre Entrance.

How's that for walking into a Batman Film on Opening Day?! :D

On that first pic you reposted, I had to sneak past Security barriers and literally lean real close to the Trailer. I was just a few feet from it as the Engine roared and the lights came on. The best part? I was in and out in a flash and nobody caught me...

Okay, some are asking how big this SHOULD be. DarklordDave has weighed in on this, and he is usually right on the money.

I googled the specs and found this. Don't know how accurate it is, but gives you guys a pretty good idea...

Spec

2.5 tons
9 feet 4 inches wide
15 feet long
HOOSIER racetrack tires on front
4 Rear 44 inch SUPER SWAMPERS, a our wheel drive conversion component
Jet burner in rear with vector controls for the jet
Backend flaps for quick stops
Landing Hook
Enabled with front-firing machine guns
Built-in safety link for petrol control
Built-in fire extinguisher system
Front wheels on bolted arms for an axel-less front end
Conventional single axel rear end

15 ft converted to 1/6 Scale = 2.5 ft or 30 Inches. That ain't small. I don't know if HT will make one that big, we'll see.

Thanks for the photos earlier in the thread and the specs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back