Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this looks amazing, but sadly I won't be able to be in unless Joe does do that payment plan. Also, can us Freaks get the first heads up on that Joe? :monkey3

I'm glad I didn't go in for the RC Tumbler - I saw it at one point and it was so big I ultimately didn't get it. But HT's version? Gotta have it.

That thing is gonna cost, like, a million bucks!

I actually do have the RC tumbler. It's a lot of fun and pretty damn powerful at full speed.

I'm lucky, well kind or, at the moment... At work my team has mountains of overtime at the moment and I'm working 50-60hr weeks, so I'll put in some extra overtime and save up for these... I'm getting paid double time so it I should be able to get these with out too much financial pressure... I hope! :monkey4

If it's not true 1:6 scale, I'm gonna have to opt out.

It does look a little small in that pic with the figure, but I just can't see HT not making it a full 1/6th. I think they know how discerning their fans are and know we won't settle for anything less. Personally I'd rather they not do it at all if it's going to be underscale.

It does look a little small in that pic with the figure, but I just can't see HT not making it a full 1/6th. I think they know how discerning their fans are and know we won't settle for anything less. Personally I'd rather they not do it at all if it's going to be underscale.

Yeah, but we don't know how close the figure actually was to the vehicle in that ad pic (or of they were even photographed together). Hot Toys claims it's 1/6 so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt unless we find out otherwise.

Here is the display options right here. Tumbler with BB Batman standing in front or coming ot of the cockpit & DK Batman on the Bat-pod, with a wired up cape blowing in the wind!!! Can't wait! I reckon the price might surprise some of you and be inline with the Powerloader & Ed-209 around $300ish mark. The Bat-pod will only make my wish-list if it's under or just around the $200 mark. I'm just hoping the Australian dollar stays as strong as it is for a little bit longer... :newangel
i might have batman crouched on the hood like he's ready to "jump" into action. ill probably be changing the poses every half hour with these guys. hope the batsuit can take the abuse.:lol

Well the car isn't that big, it's body might even be smaller than the standard car. Look at the blokes on the other side of the car, it's fairly small.
tumbler.jpg

20080524_ed1e80456989ef18aaeeRLhT4X2vopad.jpg

I reckon Hot Toys would do the Tumbler to the correct measurements... Also I would image that they would be using computer aided sculpting to get this thing done right, which should help them achieve the correct scale... Also, I'd imagine that the cockpit is quite a bit larger than we think and the back of the seats are closer to the back wheels than you reckon they would be.

You're right. It's not that big... I've seen it in person...

DSC00824.jpg

Well the car isn't that big, it's body might even be smaller than the standard car. Look at the blokes on the other side of the car, it's fairly small.
tumbler.jpg

20080524_ed1e80456989ef18aaeeRLhT4X2vopad.jpg

I reckon Hot Toys would do the Tumbler to the correct measurements... Also I would image that they would be using computer aided sculpting to get this thing done right, which should help them achieve the correct scale... Also, I'd imagine that the cockpit is quite a bit larger than we think and the back of the seats are closer to the back wheels than you reckon they would be.

Last edited:
Well, if the Hot Wheels 1:18 is scaled correctly, then a 1/6 one should be 27" long, 15" wide and 8 1/4 inches tall.

Here's some more pics I took of it being off loaded and displayed...

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00821-1.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00822-1.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my frakking god!!! 1:6 Tumbler -- are you frakking kidding me??

Where does one display it?? How does one display it??

Suddenly have a use for my second Batman though... pop one inside. Display the other one on another shelf. Other shelf...? Would the tumbler even fit in one of my shelves? Am I gonna have to build a 1/6 Batcave-like parking space for it or a 1/6 stretch of Gotham?

...So I guess no Two-face or Scarecrow anytime soon. Bummer about that. But... 1/6 Tumbler...

Cheeeeezuuuus, you're off line for 24 hrs and then this.:horror
My god, that thing is amazing!
HT never cease to amaze me, just when I think I have some idea of their limitations they pull this. I shall never underestimate them again!

omg if they do 1:6 Iron Monger (which after this I wouldn't be surprised) then I am going to sell my organs.

And it's still possible they could get the hulk license as well. 1:6 hulk and abomination? omgomgomg

Why can't Sideshow produce 1/6 vehicles like that for their 1/6 SW line? :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why can't Sideshow produce 1/6 vehicles like that for their 1/6 line? :confused::rolleyes:

Yep, if HT had the licence instead of SST we'd at least have a Sithspeeder and Speederbikes (OT + PT) by now, and maybe even a Landspeeder, Jedi Starfighters aren't that big either. I'd love to see a Falcon Cockpit environment as well.:naughty

Oh well,I can dream!

Can you imagine if Hot Toys got the James Bond license?
Little Nellie, the Bell X1 jetpack, the DB5...

Nice photos, pjam!

Had a busy and expensive weekend, come back and check the boards to see whats new and then I read this thread... my wallet really hates me now!

Why can't Sideshow produce 1/6 vehicles like that for their 1/6 SW line? :confused::rolleyes:

Oh dear, if that happens then I am destined to be poor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back