Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the same can be said of all of the Hot Toys figures that are being re-released. We've seen improvements on the new Mark II and Begins Batman and I'm sure the new Mark I iron man will be improved as well. I think those figures are great already, but they always seem to find ways to make them better.

I already own or have owned the originals of all of those releases, so can understand your frustration that they might make a better one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they remade it and it ended up being better than the original.

I think the same can be said of all of the Hot Toys figures that are being re-released. We've seen improvements on the new Mark II and Begins Batman and I'm sure the new Mark I iron man will be improved as well. I think those figures are great already, but they always seem to find ways to make them better.

I already own or have owned the originals of all of those releases, so can understand your frustration that they might make a better one, but I wouldn't be surprised if they remade it and it ended up being better than the original.

With figures its easier to take the revisits (we shouldn't call them rereleases when its not exactly the same IMO). Its not much of a stretch financially for an owner of the original to upgrade nor is there really any space concern. Something like the Batmobile I consider a special case though - from HT perspective, they don't give a ___k, its just about money to them - but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be p!$$ed right off and complain about it.

With figures its easier to take the revisits (we shouldn't call them rereleases when its not exactly the same IMO). Its not much of a stretch financially for an owner of the original to upgrade nor is there really any space concern. Something like the Batmobile I consider a special case though - from HT perspective, they don't give a ___k, its just about money to them - but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be p!$$ed right off and complain about it.

I will admit, your argument is valid and if I was in your shoes I would also be pissed off as well.

it may be in stock, but the quality of it sucks. The suit has many errors to it, which I think take a lot away from it, thus making the original release far superior

I am definitely aware of the lack of quality on this figure, trust me! I own one myself. :slap:rotfl

But seriously...one can say it’s still an improvement over the first one with the additional facial expressions and the Bale head is far superior to previously released head.

Like the original Batman Begins costume figure? Which was recently re-released with upgrades and probably in higher quantities (still in stock btw)?

Also, what does marketing it as a collectible have to do with a better release down the line? A collectible is simply something you choose to collect.

Question - Have you ever collected figures outside of HT (e.g. Star Wars)? This happens all the time! I am not naive enough to believe that HT is in the business of creating rare collectibles for the aftermarket.

Yes, I have quite a collection of toys including the original Kenner Star Wars. Most of my collection is focused on the baby boomer era of the 60's. Marketing something as collectible implies an item of limited production and possible escalation in future value. I am not naive to the goals of marketing. But if you are going to market something as a collectible, releasing a newer version down the line will most likely affect the perceived value and "collectibility" of said item. Knowing that Hot Toys re-releases lines has definitely stopped me from paying after market prices for any of their toys.

Please HT rerelease a black Tumbler :pray: ... I don't care if it's the same, or it has improvements.. well probably the paint job will be better.. HT has really improved in that area in the last few years.

Decided to let go of my Batpod. I can't afford to be a completist with this line when its not my primary obsession so I'd rather be a good bit short of having the full collection than only a little bit because being only a little bit would tempt me towards finishing and getting the whole lot.

Not at all a shameless plug for my FS thread. I'm asking a high amount - not quite an ebay-sized portion but well you'll see.

Decided to let go of my Batpod. I can't afford to be a completist with this line when its not my primary obsession so I'd rather be a good bit short of having the full collection than only a little bit because being only a little bit would tempt me towards finishing and getting the whole lot.

Not at all a shameless plug for my FS thread. I'm asking a high amount - not quite an ebay-sized portion but well you'll see.

Too bad you're letting that kick @$$ ride go dev. :( Well, good luck on your sale man! :wink1:

Interested buyer here!!! Well, maybe any way. Give me a price :)!

I have way too many Batmobiles to see the need for a duplicate HT Tumbler. I'm more interested in the new Batwing getting the HT treatment.

When will the release be ?? Anyone know I will want to buy one

Nobody even knows if there is gonna be a re-release of the black Tumbler or the Batpod. But if it happens, I guess it should be at Q2/Q3 of 2013.

Nobody even knows if there is gonna be a re-release of the black Tumbler or the Batpod. But if it happens, I guess it should be at Q2/Q3 of 2013.

Sounds a bit late doesn't it? The first TDK figures was released same year as the movie right? I would guess Q3, Q4 2012. At least the MMS ones, and the DX later, if they decide to do them all.

My guess..

Sounds a bit late doesn't it? The first TDK figures was released same year as the movie right? I would guess Q3, Q4 2012. At least the MMS ones, and the DX later, if they decide to do them all.

My guess..

Yeah.. that's about the figures.. but vehicles tend to come out later... My guess is, vehicles will come maybe 4-6 months later than the figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back