Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burton movies felt like a cheap slapstick for me. It was just awful. Certainly does not hold to today's standards. Some of the things they did back then are very cringeworthy now..

I don't think they got 'slapstick' until after Burton left the franchise. I love the Burton Batman films but they arn't "realistic". They remind me of a gothic opera when it comes to costumes and themes and you can't quite tell if the stories take place in present time (90's) or in the 40's because the world is so stylized. What was great about Burton's Batman is while it didn't exist in the "real world" it also wasn't "camp"; it was theater for sure but it took the characters and the "dark" themes seriously. I think it still hold up today when you take it for what it is, it's kind of timeless that way. But if you mean "realism" by the "standards of today" than it won't hold up. But "realism" may be the thing now; but that really doesn't mean a better movie it's just the dominant taste at the moment. By the way I love the Nolan movies too, the most "grounded" and "realistic" of almost any Superhero film. But I look at it like almost entirely different thing from the Burton films, and I can appreciate both.

I don't think they got 'slapstick' until after Burton left the franchise. I love the Burton Batman films but they arn't "realistic". They remind me of a gothic opera when it comes to costumes and themes and you can't quite tell if the stories take place in present time (90's) or in the 40's because the world is so stylized.

I'm not sure when it's intended to take place (I'm guessing the 30's), but I always felt as if the 1990 D ick Tracy film and Burton's 1989 Batman and Batman Returns could have existed in the same universe and overlapped with one another. The style and tone is exactly the same, and the types of villains and their names are of the same style as well.

I'm sure when it's intended to take place (I'm guessing the 30's), but I always felt as if the 1990 D ick Tracy film and Burton's 1989 Batman and Batman Returns could have existed in the same universe and overlapped with one another. The style and tone is exactly the same, and the types of villains and their names are of the same style as well.

Yeah, I see what your saying, but I think the color pallet between the D ick Tracy and 89 Batman are distinctively different, D ick Tracy having extreme vivid colors. I think they both borrow from the 30's and 40's but the 89 Batman does so far more loosely (even though DT is still a loose interpretation too). The Batmobile has a 30's and 40's flavor with the big fenders, and the press use giant flash's on their cameras, but the rest of the cars are more like from the 70's and people own computers. Neither films have a strict historical setting and both are stylized. In my opinion I think the work of the D ick Tracy movie is a lot closer to the Adam West Batman series with the color pallet (especially if you watch the remastered 66 Batman where the color really shines). Both the 66 Batman and the D ick Tracy movie try to capture the bright colors of pop art. The 89 Batman movie doesn't really go that far and has more of a gothic feel.

I still love the Burton Batman movies. Not realistic, isn't that escapism the point of super hero movies?

The Nolan movies might be the most realistic, though still miles away from any genuine realism. That Batman drifted too far from his comic book roots for me.

I still love the Burton Batman movies. Not realistic, isn't that escapism the point of super hero movies?

The Nolan movies might be the most realistic, though still miles away from any genuine realism. That Batman drifted too far from his comic book roots for me.

"Realism" in the movies is always an illusion. We are still talking about a guy that dresses up like a bat right? Yes, these movies can have a tone that is more "realistic" and "grounded" but none it is anywhere close to real; it's just a more "believable" illusion; but there is till a lot of suspension of belief required to accept the premise and execution of the stories.

"Realism" in the movies is always an illusion. We are still talking about a guy that dresses up like a bat right? Yes, these movies can have a tone that is more "realistic" and "grounded" but none it is anywhere close to real; it's just a more "believable" illusion; but there is till a lot of suspension of belief required to accept the premise and execution of the stories.

I hear what you are saying and Burton certainly took plenty of liberties himself with the source material to fit his particular vision. I guess I just love the gothic feel of those movies and that Batmobile was perfect!

The tumbler might make more sense in the real world but it's a horrible Batmobile. I liked the one we saw in BvS but felt it regressed to more of a tank look in JL.

I'm guessing at the least DC would need to put another $50M and six to eight months to make a Snyder version happen. They'd have to finish off CGI; probably build some additional CGI; hopefully completely redesign and replace Steppenwolf; rework scenes; do some more reshoots, and deliver a whole new polished and finished edit. Sure, I would love to see this, especially with Darkseid showing up if only for just a few seconds at the end. However, given the hit they have already taken I just don't see them having the stomach for it. These guys are risk-averse and I could not imagine them explaining to their shareholders that they're spending $50 million on a movie that has already lost the company $50 million to $100 million. That said, a cheaper way to at least get the story could be to do it as an animated feature built over the existing assets--script, voice acting, designs. That would only run about $5- $6 million and they could conceivably do a theatrical release. They might have to work out a deal with the actors, so the budget might be more. However, it would probably make the money back pretty easily. It's not ideal, but if it were to succeed critically and with the core audience, it could help make the case.

How is a Snyder cut going to fix an already f-ed up universe? I love DC, I really do but they f-ed everything up. They made the Death of Superman way to early and way uneventful. Nobody gives a **** about this guy and he gets killed and resurrected in the span of two movies. Now you get Steppenwolf? He lands, Superman kicks his ass, the end. Literally no substance.....

Reboot the failed universe franchise.

Sign me up when Flashpoint happens with better writers and a better Director, hell better studio.

At this point, its just pathetic.

Personally, i am loving all the characters.. And I am not in favour of a reboot...
But not impressed by JL tho..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Personally, i am loving all the characters.. And I am not in favour of a reboot...
But not impressed by JL tho..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'm the same, a reboot is a bit extreme and I like Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as WW. I also agree that JL was no stellar movie, however after watching that YouTube video about what got cut, at least Synder had some links tying the movies together a bit. The story also seemed more rounded than what we got.

Sure an extended cut won't fix it all and give us an epic movie, but it certainly would improve what we have significantly imo.

As to the expense, I don't think it's a dire as was explained previously. Seems from people that have seen the original cut it was in a decent state and cut as Synder wanted it. So sure some additional cost, but not $50million.

I read somewhere the estimated cost was $300million. “Global” box office is currently almost $500million (see link below). So its not a loss maker. Im sure additional BluRay sales of an extended cut would also add to cover any additional production costs.

Anyway, time will tell what we get.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm1117.htm

I'm the same, a reboot is a bit extreme and I like Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as WW. I also agree that JL was no stellar movie, however after watching that YouTube video about what got cut, at least Synder had some links tying the movies together a bit. The story also seemed more rounded than what we got.

Sure an extended cut won't fix it all and give us an epic movie, but it certainly would improve what we have significantly imo.

As to the expense, I don't think it's a dire as was explained previously. Seems from people that have seen the original cut it was in a decent state and cut as Synder wanted it. So sure some additional cost, but not $50million.

I read somewhere the estimated cost was $300million. “Global” box office is currently almost $500million (see link below). So its not a loss maker. Im sure additional BluRay sales of an extended cut would also add to cover any additional production costs.

Anyway, time will tell what we get.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm1117.htm

You have to add at least $100m marketing costs to that $300m and it needs to make double that to break even. Hard to see how it wont make a loss at this stage.

That is why I don't see them spending more money on the post production to complete those unfinished Snyder scenes. I think the best we can hope for at this stage is an extended cut rather than a true Snyder cut.

I still enjoy JL but they should have delayed it 6 months to complete the movie properly. Finished those epic sounding Snyder scenes they cut, done the reshoots on a clean shaven Cavil and have the run time 40 minutes longer. To hear they rushed it so some of those execs got their bonuses is more than a little disappointing.

They really should have put Supes in a black regeneration suit when they brought him back. The monument scene with a black suit would have been even better and got them them some easy money through merchandise.

A number of us freaks would have bought a black suit HT figure and all the other toy companies would have done well from it. I love DC but WB decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

All rumor- the other stories say Affleck is going to direct another DC film and star in two more films as Bats

All rumor- the other stories say Affleck is going to direct another DC film and star in two more films as Bats
If batfleck are to stop, prices of bvs bats will go up... :D not that I am planning to sell of coz..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sorry WB, Affleck is my ultimate Batman now.. whoever you choose, I'll watch then online streaming is available. You wont make a dime out of me.. :D

I'm with you. And I actually HATED the news of Affleck's casting when it first broke. But dammit if I don't look at him and see Jim Aparo's Bruce Wayne come to life. I don't care what kind of shape Gyllenhaal can get in, he looks like a weirdo muppet to the point where it's distracting.

I'm with you. And I actually HATED the news of Affleck's casting when it first broke. But dammit if I don't look at him and see Jim Aparo's Bruce Wayne come to life. I don't care what kind of shape Gyllenhaal can get in, he looks like a weirdo muppet to the point where it's distracting.
[emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Back