Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pass...how many friggin' different iron men do we need? the cow is dead, stop trying to milk it.

I think the finish is the same and its the lighting. The pic in the Silly thing version photo has a white background and it looks like a light is nearby, especially on the first pic looking at the pice from above, hence the shiny parts and you can see the lighter and shaded areas better, with more clarity.
The SS pic however has a darker background so it doesnt make those bits pop as much. Thats just what it looks like to me anyway :dunno
x :peace

You are correct, the figures are one and the same.

I also don't understand it. The figure looks cool, but what's the backstory?

It looks nice in those official pics, but I still don't understand it. Of all the designs, of all the colors...they pick that one. They should have called it "Nuclear Fallout colored Iron Man". Well, here's waiting for in-hand pics to change my mind.

Essentially what occurred is that the owner of Silly Things a designer store in HK commissioned an IM figure from HT as a store exclusive. Obviously this had to go through Marvel, etc so you could question their judgement but in terms of color scheme he wanted in Gray because that is his favorite color and I guess a lot of his product right now is in Gray. So essentially this is exclusive to the store Silly Things and NOT a wide distributed product that is why eBay sellers were trying to sell it for $400+ because they were going to have to physically go down there and buy them.

SSC apparently agreed to sell this as well as their SDCC exclusive to import it for customers. The ES is unknown and whether SSC's ES will include however many was pulled aside for Silly Things or just SSC, the import means it won't be as hard to get as once thought.

Its conceptual and nothing more and begins a new and interesting trend if stores even in just Asian countries begin to conceptualize and release 1/6 HT figures. Can you imagine a chromed Endo because a store requested it? A Batman done in traditional comic color scheme over the TDK armor? A Blue Spirit? Where is the line? Will we see a Mark 3 done in Silver Centurion stylings next?

Same here. It's like this, if it didn't exist in the movie, it doesn't exist for me.

I'm actually glad to read this....less competition on Friday.

You know what I think would've been far cooler than this? The all gold version of the Mark III that was on his monitor before Tony decides to add the Hot Rod Red to it. I definitely would've bought that! :rock

You know what I think would've been far cooler than this? The all gold version of the Mark III that was on his monitor before Tony decides to add the Hot Rod Red to it. I definitely would've bought that! :rock

Well if you go by that monitor then pay attention to the monitors behind him to the left. While Jarvis is going through the schematics of the Mark 3, there is a a facemask on one that is the same as the Mark 2 version but on the other is a Mark 3 that is completely grey as if it were primered before moving to the main screen and getting colored in Gold.

It would have been cooler if it was exactly like IM3, except red was changed to black, and gold was changed to gunmetal grey or silver.

I, for one, love it. It just has such a bad ass look. It looks like a mass produced version of the suit painted up like a stealth bomber that as seen action. I'd buy it in a heart beat, but I've just been spending so much lately... oh who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyway.

I, for one, love it. It just has such a bad ass look. It looks like a mass produced version of the suit painted up like a stealth bomber that as seen action. I'd buy it in a heart beat, but I've just been spending so much lately... oh who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyway.

Ok, just saw the price, thats a little much for me, I'm out.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well Mike, you got one guy at least to compete with! :naughty See you down in SDCC! :)

Only in spirit my friend but I'm always sure to be heard when I want to be :D

I would love get a commission to paint a little pin up chick that looks like Pepper the somewhere on the suit to complete that Badass nostalgic Bomber look it has :rock

I'm having mix thoughts about this...

edit: dang $20 more than the original.... WTH justifies that.

Last edited:
Back