1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's a movie but this fight and his fight with Iron Monger bothered me. Tony created the tech and he had to practice with all the flight capabilities and repulsor tech to master it. Stane and Rhodes literally just jump in and go toe to toe with Tony with no problem. Only Rhodes has a little trouble balancing for flight. Why does the creator need practice while the opposition masters it instantly?
This is what bothers me about War Machine in general, but especially in IM2 where he just “takes it” - as expressed by Nick Fury. How does he just hop in and pilot the thing. How does he even know where to start when he sees the suit let alone duke it out in it.

Ok so Rhodey is a pilot, but not of suits!

Yeah I agree that was kind of hard to buy... although I suppose once Tony ironed out all the kinks and learned how to move in the suit that first time, he could have built in some extra programming that made them much easier and more intuitive to use. And made it so the suit does more of the work and compensates for human error and clumsiness.

Rhodes can just "take it" because the suit's OS has already been refined. You can see JARVIS adjusting to the suit on the first flight of the MkII. After JARVIS locks down the suit's flight dynamics, Tony can fly smoothly.

The same was the issue for the Mk42 in IM3 (JARVIS did not have time to finish the software setup of the suit) so Tony had trouble fighting the helicopters attacking his house.

By the point of IM2, the Mk2 would have been refined to the point where the suit's software does the grunt-work of interpreting and accomplishing the user's intentions.

Rhodey was meant to take the suit. JARVIS wouldn't have allowed him to if he wasn't. I also don't think JARVIS was connected to the HOA suits at that time because they were supposed to be static. Tony was wearing IV, III and V were damaged, Mk I was, nevermind Mk I) so II was set to allow Rhodes to operate it because Tony was dying. All his protocols and he just took it? No. He was supposed to. It was alluded to in IM1. I still don't buy the instant learning curve though. Iron Monger was based on the Mk I visually, but how did Stane copy the internals without ever having access to Stark's tech. Mk I had none of it, and he never saw anything inside of II or III. Plus, he just plugged in the ARC reactor and boom! Instant expert.
I still call movie BS. I don't care how much more refined a 747 cockpit is compared to a Cessna, I can't just jump in and fly it. ;)

I can't just jump in and fly it. ;)

You're assuming you have to fly it. What if it can fly itself and just follow your commands? The movies imply that there is a very large amount of automation in Tony's suits even while he is in it.

Aaaaanyways lol, I really hope that gold streak is fixed for the final model. Scares me that it was on the updated figure at SDCC, yet they fixed the helmet.[emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what bothers me about War Machine in general, but especially in IM2 where he just “takes it” - as expressed by Nick Fury. How does he just hop in and pilot the thing. How does he even know where to start when he sees the suit let alone duke it out in it.

Ok so Rhodey is a pilot, but not of suits!

There is a pre-Iron Man 2-Comic, tht explains that good. there it is said that tony calibrated the suits not only on him, but also on rhodes! thats why rhodes was able to just take tkae suit - because it was already programmed to be used by rhodes

Really super late to the party, but does anyone within the UK know where this can be pre-ordered at a non-ridiculous mark-up?

Was £420 on some sites prior to selling out, now £450+

Really super late to the party, but does anyone within the UK know where this can be pre-ordered at a non-ridiculous mark-up?

Was £420 on some sites prior to selling out, now £450+

After spending hours searching I couldn't really find anything so forced to go to SS, about £360 before any imports so will probably work out the same price in the end.

I just pre-ordered. Just a question for the Iron Man collectors: Does the waist-stand affect the armour at all (scratches, colour fading, dents etc.)?

I just pre-ordered. Just a question for the Iron Man collectors: Does the waist-stand affect the armour at all (scratches, colour fading, dents etc.)?

Ive not had any problem with Iron Man and waist grabbers, Iron Spider on the other hand...

With the WM releasing in Hong Kong out of nowhere, I’m hoping this does too. Even if we still get it by the Sideshow timeframe, I’d love to see some reviews from people who get it from HK early.

I've never noticed anything either, and there's a bit of padding on the inside of the grabber that helps prevent that kind of thing.

Pic with all shoulder pads removed

95744301af4ec47a8a77bea87ad2660e.jpg

The definitive armour. Not a fan of that base so was lucky enough to find a street rubble diorama base from the HT Chitauri's by itself.

In these recent photos the paint reminds me of how it's done on the Mark IX.

They need to start making specially designed bases for the die cast figures, something can allow for aerial posing. Start giving us something for that 400$.

Back