1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks so good in those pics.

So are the knees movie accurate after all? They're pretty much just as narrow on screen, only that on the CGI model they blend better with the connecting calves area thus giving that fuller and more compact look. Seems to me that the figure had to sacrifice that in order to allow articulation. I really hope it wasn't because of the detachable feature for that useless pod mode because that would be complete bull****.

So are the knees movie accurate after all? They're pretty much just as narrow on screen, only that on the CGI model they blend better with the connecting calves area thus giving that fuller and more compact look. Seems to me that the figure had to sacrifice that in order to allow articulation. I really hope it wasn't because of the detachable feature for that useless pod mode because that would be complete bull****.

Not sure. But I'm glad it doesn't bother me in any way like a thigh gap would. Also yeah, that leg articulation is ****ing crazy. Complete 180 degrees. So far (besides the knees, possibly), there haven't been any trade-offs found for it to be able to transform, and I hope it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:gah:

I've really grown to love that satin finish... its going to make me cave and get this.

That finish is *the* deciding factor for that figure, IMO ? along with the fact that it?s from the first Avengers film.

The bulk is impressive.

Not sure. But I'm glad it doesn't bother me in any way like a thigh gap would. Also yeah, that leg articulation is ****ing crazy. Complete 180?. So far (besides the knees, possibly), there haven?t been any trade-offs found for it to be able to transform, and I hope it stays that way.

Yeah, I think the knees are a combination of toy engineering and CGI design. Not a dealbreaker and if I posed them bent (unlikely to be honest) I?d minimize the extension to try and maintain the illusion.

A lot of these figures have degrees of articulation that work better in photos where you can cheat the angles.

That finish is *the* deciding factor for that figure, IMO ? along with the fact that it?s from the first Avengers film.

The bulk is impressive.

Yep! The finish really helps set this apart from the Mk 6 (and most others)... which was my biggest problem with this originally for display purposes. But I think that duller satin look will really make this pop against all the glossy armors.

I also think the knees are the only real flaw on this figure. But I would never pose this figure crouched.

Now my only question is: do I wait for free ship on ebay OR just PO from Sideshow and eat an additional $30 ship? (Tax is no longer a problem)

Yep! The finish really helps set this apart from the Mk 6 (and most others)... which was my biggest problem with this originally for display purposes. But I think that duller satin look will really make this pop against all the glossy armors.

I also think the knees are the only real flaw on this figure. But I would never pose this figure crouched.

Now my only question is: do I wait for free ship on ebay OR just PO from Sideshow and eat an additional $30 ship? (Tax is no longer a problem)

While I *suspect* they made a lot of these, I also suspect eBay sellers may smell blood in the water. Honestly if I were you I?d just lock it in at SSC.

Can someone elaborate on the knee issue? Is it only when bent? Or also when it's fully retracted when he's standing? Because when bent, I wouldn't expect it to be exactly 1:1, otherwise the amount of articulation wouldn't be possible. Unless previous diecast Iron Man figs could achieve 180 degree bends while looking like a human was in there.

tRvj6Nu.gif
W8tGbGb.gif

cMMbTmB.png

bSIAwGI.png

9ICxsfB.png

7i6ccqn.png

AYXmIfH.png

:gah:

I've really grown to love that satin finish... its going to make me cave and get this.

Yeah, I'm quickly coming to the same conclusion...

Based on this comparison photo that was posted yesterday, I'm pretty sure the pod conversion addition is the reason the knee area is disproportionately longer vs. that of the old Mark VII. I mean, it's not like the old knee joint lacked in flexibility.

73324443_2489354767852163_4889329811295567872_o.jpg

Agreed, this guy will stand out vs. his other standard armors. And I wouldn't pose him crouched either, plus from the front the knees aren't that bad.

While I *suspect* they made a lot of these, I also suspect eBay sellers may smell blood in the water. Honestly if I were you I?d just lock it in at SSC.

You're probably right.

Yep, I think he is. I just wish this had dropped a few days later. I've gotten more Spook codes than I expected so far; it'd be nice to go another day or two and drive the price down even further, but do I risk it?

Yeah, I've gotten $8 in codes. Brings the $433 price way down to a doable $425.

:lol

Well, I'm doing slightly better. I've gotten $15 so far to bring my rewards total to a whopping $35. :lol

I was thinking another day or two I should be able to get that up to @$50, but in the grand scheme of things it's probably not worth it.

Only paid $621 for two of these. Plan to sell one later down the line to fund my Prime1 Transformers collecting.

If the make a mark1, will most definitely buy it. You know it?s coming.

Thanks for the movie footage. Definitely seems like it's only an issue when the knee's bent, cause otherwise the knee section looks just as thick on the figure when fully standing. So I personally couldn't care less. It's not like the Mark 50 in-universe had a little plate on top of the bicep that shifted out of the way when bending an arm, the entire arm just bent like fabric in the movie. Stuff like this is unavoidable for action figures.

Back