1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is real, that stand is from the MMS238 Terminator and feels extremely lazy if recycled like that.

EDIT: Looking at the promo pics, the stand IS recycled. :slap

Last edited:
Sooooo....is this dropping early or something cause I just saw this photo posted on Insta!?

59022950_2858034047755643_1333562716377814805_n.jpg

Hmmm...still showing as Oct-Dec for me at Sideshow. Still, I suppose that could change.

I’d be cool with an early release just not too early. Let me get a few payments in then release it lol. My 1st payment is May 15. Can’t wait for this. Besides this and Gamora I have no others due this year. Gives me a chance to save up for EG ones all next year

Colour looks a bit off. Not cherry red enough.

Do HT have a track record of getting the red wrong? I remember the die-cast MK 3 being the same.

Colour looks a bit off. Not cherry red enough.

Do HT have a track record of getting the red wrong? I remember the die-cast MK 3 being the same.

Looks to be about the right shade of red to me but who knows until it’s in hand.

Regarding the Mk. III, now that’s a different story that you might remember hearing while I describe it. Because it was the first IM movie and the studio was taking a big risk on everything including RDJ, some post effect work/color matching to the practical effects (namely the color) wasn’t consistent from scene to scene. Yeah, you had to have heard about how the IM1 “hot rod red” for some figures and statues could be painted to match some parts but then look like a completely different shade of red in other parts of the film. I’m pretty sure that there’s pictures on the net that detail the mismatch.

Once they introduced the Mk. IV, anytime seeing the Mk. III in the HoA and subsequent “hot rod red” was color matched for any subsequent armors that would use that exact shade. So now the “main” armors (Mk. III-VII, 43-47 & 50) are painted using the original Mk. IV red which I’ve heard most collectors refer to as “cherry red.”

Looks to be about the right shade of red to me but who knows until it’s in hand.

Regarding the Mk. III, now that’s a different story that you might remember hearing while I describe it. Because it was the first IM movie and the studio was taking a big risk on everything including RDJ, some post effect work/color matching to the practical effects (namely the color) wasn’t consistent from scene to scene. Yeah, you had to have heard about how the IM1 “hot rod red” for some figures and statues could be painted to match some parts but then look like a completely different shade of red in other parts of the film. I’m pretty sure that there’s pictures on the net that detail the mismatch.

Once they introduced the Mk. IV, anytime seeing the Mk. III in the HoA and subsequent “hot rod red” was color matched for any subsequent armors that would use that exact shade. So now the “main” armors (Mk. III-VII, 43-47 & 50) are painted using the original Mk. IV red which I’ve heard most collectors refer to as “cherry red.”

:goodpost:

Ah, thanks for the write-up. Looks like they went with the muted red on the 1/4 MK 3 which for better or worse looks incredible.

:goodpost:

Ah, thanks for the write-up. Looks like they went with the muted red on the 1/4 MK 3 which for better or worse looks incredible.

Wow good eye! I have that on PO but never noticed but then again, the 1/4 armors seem to be painted using that “muted red”. To me it looks like the red that we first see when he lands in Guilmira wearing the Mk. III for the 1st time in IM1.

Back