Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rey is a nobody. And the past doesn’t matter. I thought Rian answered all this for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an interview, Rian said Kylo truly believes Rey is nobody, but he is leaving the matter open for the director of the final film to determine the truth.

In an interview, Rian said Kylo truly believes Rey is nobody, but he is leaving the matter open for the director of the final film to determine the truth.

How wonderful. Abrams can now contradict the contradictions of Johnson. Great work by Kathleen Kennedy keeping the sequel trilogy a cohesive story:mad:

Has anyone weathered her outfit yet? If so I'd like some tips as to what was used. I love the figure but for me the outfit is too clean.

Oh jesus christ **** that guy.

In other news I just shipped my pile of loot with Leia (and Tarkin), can't wait to get her!

Just repurchased the ANH Leia. :slap

I thought the Hoth Leia would suffice to replace the weaker outfitted ANH Leia, but the head sculpt wasn't quite as convincing.

DSC_0110.jpg

Finally got around to opening her up and wow! She's an amazing figure. Definitely my favorite between her and the ANH Princess Leia, though they both look great on the shelf.

Just picked her up. She’s great, but I’m not totally convinced I see Carrie Fischer. Hopefully a matter of lighting. Tailoring is great.
I don’t really wanna use any of the accessories and I’m not a fan of the Hot Toys bases (prefer the SSC ones), so she’s a very bare bone figure [emoji6]
504977f0a237a955f63626ad51d72f01.jpg

Just picked her up. She’s great, but I’m not totally convinced I see Carrie Fischer. Hopefully a matter of lighting. Tailoring is great.
I don’t really wanna use any of the accessories and I’m not a fan of the Hot Toys bases (prefer the SSC ones), so she’s a very bare bone figure [emoji6]

Play with tilting the head a bit down and to the side....nothing extreme....straight on you get the glasses over look in eyes. She can look amazing but need to find a good pose and angle.

Perhaps the problem is because you're looking for Carrie Fischer in the sculpt and not Carrie Fisher.

Hoth Leia looks great ,

I will order her while the price is down, I am surprised this figure didnt double in price like the ANH Version did.
Some photos with the shadows sometimes make the sculpt look a little bit like Selma Blair. She still looks great though!

Hoth Leia looks great ,

I will order her while the price is down, I am surprised this figure didnt double in price like the ANH Version did.
Some photos with the shadows sometimes make the sculpt look a little bit like Selma Blair. She still looks great though!

Yeah I'm kind of surprised too, I think Tarkin sold out faster, although I'm sure they pumped out more Leia's than ANH.

Leia's appearance in the first film is far more iconic. I would guess that explains the difference in demand. Both figures look fantastic, Hoth version doesn't have the cost cutting on the outfit like the dress.

Leia's appearance in the first film is far more iconic. I would guess that explains the difference in demand. Both figures look fantastic, Hoth version doesn't have the cost cutting on the outfit like the dress.

She's $15 more expensive than the ANH version, and it's also no longer the era of the $20 Sideshow monthly coupon. But the ANH version stayed in stock for a while, lingering up until right after Fisher's death, when it quickly sold out. They also had the entire ANH line-up out before ANH Leia -- Han, Luke, Chewie, Ben, Vader. We've gotten nothing from Hot Toys on the Hoth or Bespin Han front -- I don't really count Bespin Luke because that version didn't have any interaction with Hoth Leia.

But all that said we have no idea what the edition sizes are. Maybe they did 3,000 ANH ones, saw the demand after her death and made 5,000 for this one, of which they have sold 4,000 (which I doubt, but just for argument's sake). I really wish they put out edition sizes, would make understanding the demand for these and the pegwarmers so much easier. :lol

Got my Leia last night
I do not regret it one bit shes a loveley figure.
I did find you have to be extra careful unpacking her as i broke a strand of hair off. However was easy fixed as it slotted back into place.

Her right arm came out of the socket found it a little frustrating. I had to pull as much as the inner sleeve out with tweezers and snip it off. The suit is sewn onto the body so u cant take the clothes off . Then rolled up jacket sleeve and popped arm back in. However it kept falling out. I found that the elbow being so tight is what is causing it . When you bend the arm it pulls down and out. I found lossening the elbow by moving It a dozen times loosens it. I put arm back in and it hasnt fallen out since.

Other than shes perfect. Prices are going up . I have seen her go for nearly 500.00 aud now. She will sell out soon especially now Bespin Gown leia has been teased

Why would the figure be selling for $500AUD when it is still available for retail everywhere?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back