Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s one to be careful with if it hasn’t already been mentioned.. There is the standard layer of plastic around Leia’s head and then a second sticky layer wrapped around her face. The hair that drops around her ears is threaded through the sticky plastic at her face . Be very careful when you take it off or you will pull off the hair. It’s just a little plastic piece that they glued on but it’s a pain to get back as it’s soooo tiny.....

Those strands of hair worries me, I'll be careful when I get her!

Finally unboxed her. I think she’s a gorgeous figure. Definitely better in person. I was lucky and didn’t have any spots on mine.

17ae4b11c47d21381eb29171b788c93c.jpg
88aeea6575bd6355b76a5f00541a6906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got her from Sideshow, no dots. Switched her boots with a pair i had waiting, used my extra Leia ANH base. Next is to get a spare head to custom into the Bespin Escape look.
0b3603b6c2183de3351668c88ebc7072.jpg
55f7dbad9fc5464eb2c181be06cbb28b.jpg

Thanks, they’re snug too so it was a pain to sneak the new boots up them.

Got her from Sideshow, no dots. Switched her boots with a pair i had waiting, used my extra Leia ANH base. Next is to get a spare head to custom into the Bespin Escape look.
0b3603b6c2183de3351668c88ebc7072.jpg
55f7dbad9fc5464eb2c181be06cbb28b.jpg

Looks great - I really wish there was a simple way to redo the hair to the Bespin Escape style with the two hanging braids and hairball.

Looks great - I really wish there was a simple way to redo the hair to the Bespin Escape style with the two hanging braids and hairball.

yeah, i'm expecting to grind down the back half and then have to resculpt, but ill wait to get a spare head so i can always revert it if i want to.

I was just thinking this.

I looked into doing it and it was way more involved than I thought - the braid that goes over the head needs to be grinded off as Jon El says and then you'd have to somehow create the braids and ball. I think you just need to stick with the Hoth style and blur your eyes and pretend there's hanging braids and no over-braid.:dunno It's a very different hairstyle when you really look at it.

We discussed this a week ago and many seemed to think there's a good chance HT will do a Bespin Escape variation as a convention EX because it's such a small effort for them to re-release the same fig as "new."

I received my Leia today, and was pleased to find that it was spot free. No QC issues at all from what I could find, minus a couple of very small what initially looked like dust specks in the hair on the left rear of the sculpt, but appear to be paint imperfections I'm guessing, since they won't brush off.

Overall I think she's a really good figure and is a welcoming addition to my ESB display. The sculpt actually looks better in hand than what it looks in photos, but I still maintain the conviction that the ANH Leia sculpt is still slightly a better portrait. I also think her outfit looks a bit too bulky in the waist area, but eh, no biggie. It still beats the way off dress of the ANH figure.

Many people seem to favor the Bespin escape look, but I personally prefer this look at she was in it for a longer duration in the film I think. Plus, within my ESB display, I'm trying to go for looks with different characters that help represent various acts in the film. For instance (based on what I currently have for ESB):

Act 1: Hoth Leia; SSC RG Luke
Act 2: Hoth Leia, Bespin Luke, Yoda
Act 3: Bespin Luke, SSC Carbonite Han

I really think doing the hands-on-hips pose helps this figure a lot. For me it really "clicks' into Hoth Leia more for some reason.

nice work JonEl. here is a photo of how mine is turning out as I`m waiting on the boots for her. the head sculpt is a custom so I think it turned out great for this project.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg

Went with this pose to start out:

image.jpg

Finding a suitable pose for this figure is a bit difficult. She didn't really do much in the film while in this outfit other than wrench on the MF, and I don't really want to have the welder's goggles on, nor the rebreather mask. I also don't really like the "strike a pose" modeling poses, either.

I also need to acquire some more blank oval bases. I ran out, so she's on her stock base in the interim. I don't really think a snow covered Death Star base is really a good look though.

I had to choose between Tarkin or Leia. Wish I could've had both. She looks excellent.

Back