Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping the boys in line.

aiHz6qu.jpg

Might wait on proper pics until I can loan an SLR camera. My reg camera and iphone just never seems to take great pics.

aiHz6qu.jpg

Might wait on proper pics until I can loan an SLR camera. My reg camera and iphone just never seems to take great pics.

All looking great! I'm a big fan of the hands on hips pose. I'm probably going to go with this first when the head sculpt replacement gets here tomorrow.

I had to choose between Tarkin or Leia. Wish I could've had both. She looks excellent.
Hopefully she doesn't skyrocket in price and you have a chance to get one down the line.

The only reason I said screw it and put an order in was because I knew if this completely sold out I'd really regret not getting it at release. I refuse to pay ridiculous after market prices. Still kicking myself to this day for cancelling my Knightmare Batman preorder.

All looking great! I'm a big fan of the hands on hips pose. I'm probably going to go with this first when the head sculpt replacement gets here tomorrow.

The trick is to tilt the upper body forward a bit - gets a bit more attitude. To me, this hips pose elevates the figure quite a bit. It's great they included a very wide-open right hand to make it work. Unfortunately there's very few left hands - just one gloved one - but you can fudge it a bit.

One issue with this figure (at least mine) is that the waist articulation seems very limited. I got a slight turn, but not much. The vest actually holds poses okay - its not as rigid and toy-like as I initially thought.

jVrNmoO.jpg

A side-by-side comparison of the HT and SSC blasters. The SSC one has a few inaccuracies (there are also ANH, ESB and ROTJ variations of this type of blaster) but it's fairly accurate overall.

As I've posted before, it seems HT was sent the Hasbro Nerf pistol (commonly painted up realistically by cosplayers) as reference because it has unique aspects - like the extra bump on the back side of the handle end, scope further forward and noticeably shortened back end - that only appear on the Hasbro version.

The HT version also has a super-glossy plasticky toy look to it.

@generalgrevious looks good, that’s the head we talked about, i decided to not go with mine if that headsculpt as i really like the loose hair by the cheeks on the HT, which came better than i even expected.

@generalgrevious looks good, that’s the head we talked about, i decided to not go with mine if that headsculpt as i really like the loose hair by the cheeks on the HT, which came better than i even expected.

yeah that`s the head sculpt I think the sculpt looked good. it was made by sniderman and originally was the ANH version of her. so you going to look for a custom head for your project

I foresee my wife busting me while opening Leia’s chest flap and thoroughly searching her clothes. I’m sure I’ll sound crazy when I’m like, [emoji16]“This isn’t what it looks like. I’m searching for dots...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aiHz6qu.jpg

How well does the tailoring on those SSC Hoth figures hold up against the more recent HT offering? That Han one looks great and even with the slight stubble I can imagine the Space Tracker head sculpt will really help it. Oh why am I tempted by such things when I should just be patient and wait for HT to do the figure?!?!

How well does the tailoring on those SSC Hoth figures hold up against the more recent HT offering? That Han one looks great and even with the slight stubble I can imagine the Space Tracker head sculpt will really help it. Oh why am I tempted by such things when I should just be patient and wait for HT to do the figure?!?!

The SSC outfits/tailoring and weapons/gear I usually find to be pretty much on-par with HT (as I posted above, the Leia HT blaster is terrible compared to the SSC one) - it's only the headsculpts that are noticeably not. Even the SSC bodies are starting to be close to HT quality.

Other than the Luke Snowspeeder, the rest in that pic are custom figs with a mix of SSC and Hasbro parts. The Han head there IS the Space Trucker one - he's looking up so maybe it disguised it. That head is way better than the SSC Hoth Han head (I have the scarf over mine.) Everything on that Luke except the vest and head, and all of the Echo Base trooper, is Hasbro, generic eBay or custom made. I still haven't "iced" Luke or weathered the trooper.

I'd say that HT would do no better with the Snowspeeder Luke outfit - the jacket is pretty much spot-on perfect in cut, fabric choice and detailing.

The SSC outfits/tailoring and weapons/gear I usually find to be pretty much on-par with HT (as I posted above, the Leia HT blaster is terrible compared to the SSC one) - it's only the headsculpts that are noticeably not. Even the SSC bodies are starting to be close to HT quality.

Other than the Luke Snowspeeder, the rest in that pic are custom figs with a mix of SSC and Hasbro parts. The Han head there IS the Space Trucker one - he's looking up so maybe it disguised it. That head is way better than the SSC Hoth Han head (I have the scarf over mine.) Everything on that Luke except the vest and head, and all of the Echo Base trooper, is Hasbro, generic eBay or custom made. I still haven't "iced" Luke or weathered the trooper.

I'd say that HT would do no better with the Snowspeeder Luke outfit - the jacket is pretty much spot-on perfect in cut, fabric choice and detailing.

Yeah... I'm not worried at all about my Snowspeeder Luke. I'm perfectly happy with that figure regardless of who made it. It's just that Luke & Han Hoth are must haves for me and if I can pick up a Han at a reasonable price with that tracker head then I'd give it a go.

Aaaand my head sculpt replacement arrived with a large black spot under that eye, shoddy paint on one of her hair strands, and looking like she has horrid dandruff all over her head. Not even gonna take a picture - just put it back in the box. This is such a beautiful figure and it just seems like they rushed it. I’ll never complain about a delay again.

Update: Getting sent a new-new head sculpt today or tomorrow. Honestly, this is why I prefer ordering through Sideshow. They’re so good at helping with these issues.

I foresee my wife busting me while opening Leia’s chest flap and thoroughly searching her clothes. I’m sure I’ll sound crazy when I’m like, [emoji16]“This isn’t what it looks like. I’m searching for dots...”

Hahaha, yeah that's fate just waiting to happen :lol :rotfl

Aaaand my head sculpt replacement arrived with a large black spot under that eye, shoddy paint on one of her hair strands, and looking like she has horrid dandruff all over her head. Not even gonna take a picture - just put it back in the box. This is such a beautiful figure and it just seems like they rushed it. I’ll never complain about a delay again.

Update: Getting sent a new-new head sculpt today or tomorrow. Honestly, this is why I prefer ordering through Sideshow. They’re so good at helping with these issues.

You gotta post a pic.

You gotta post a pic.

The picture doesn’t really do how bad it is justice. Thankfully it was enough for Sideshow to send a new one. I noticed the problems right away in my car under a dreary overcast sky as my only light source with the moon roof closed.

The piece of hair framing her face looks like it either has a weird paint job or glue on it, there’s the dot under the eye again, and the white in the back of her head isn’t packaging material - I tried dusting it off. Seems like flecks that just weren’t painting or rubbed off in transport. Thankfully they’re awesome at SSC and the woman I worked with said that it shouldn’t have gone out with all of these problems. I should have my new one Monday at the latest.

Again, these things are way more noticeable in person. This is the first Hot Toys I’ve ever had any sort of problem with, besides magnets is Bespin Luke and Iron Man’s face plate but magnet/glue issues are a given you mostly just have to learn how to fix with Hot Toys, IMO. :rotfl

But yeah. With what these cost and if replacements are possible when issues arise, I fully believe in seeking them out.

9EA9CA29-1119-4155-B52B-723BB7A48380.jpg
DBCCB841-C4CE-4ABE-9788-58C280B59273.jpg

I can't believe they replaced that.

Well, like I said, it’s worse in person and I was able to send the high-res images to them there. Photos really don’t capture some things - the same way they consistently aren’t doing the overall beauty of this figure justice, they don’t really do the dings on her braids/hair justice especially.

Maybe I’ve just been spoiled by never having a single thing wrong with every single other Hot Toys I’ve gotten.

I figure if I’m unhappy, it’s with mentioning, and then it’s ultimately it’s up to SSC. They seemed more than willing to replace it. The woman I spoke with said replacing the portraits are fairly simple, as they get spare head sculpts in, compared to full figures when I mentioned my fortune to not fall victim to Dot-Gate, at least.

To be honest, that doesn’t seem as bad as played up to be. If it bothers you though, I don’t blame you for attempting to get a replacement.

I concur with Wor though that I’m surprised they replaced it.

Back