Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd really love to receive mine now, please KGHobby! :(

I don't think I've gotten a new Hot Toys since John Wick when that released almost 2 years back.

I love mine, definitely one of hot toys best efforts
fb18c3d4fbbf793182c92df553eca380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b06c2824b2b77fcddbce7a9ece7c3e22.jpg

I ordered this guy last week after finally watching the movie. I thought David was really good as HB, but I could have lived without all the over the top blood and gore.

I ordered this guy last week after finally watching the movie. I thought David was really good as HB, but I could have lived without all the over the top blood and gore.
Funny thing is when Mike draws gore and blood into hellboy it's not the focus and is done in a way where it's subtle not in your face. The producers of the film thought maybe they can get a Deadpool thing going which ruins the movie. Best moments in the film was the baba yaga sequence and the wild hunt betrayal. The film is ok but it could have done much better had suits not interfered.

Funny thing is when Mike draws gore and blood into hellboy it's not the focus and is done in a way where it's subtle not in your face.

Yeah, that’s very much like the difference between a good director of violence (Alfred Hitchcock/Psycho), and someone who has to rely on gore (Neil Marshall/every movie he ever made) because one has skill and the other doesn’t. All that aside, I thought the movie did have a promising premise, and I agree about the Baba Yaga scene, that was pretty cool.

Got my 7!day notice from sideshow

I didn't use the coat and shirt due to Hot Toys' warnings about staining the body, plus the fact that he looks good without them.

It was a shame not to have them on display though.

I've had one of the old Sideshow Hellboy exclusive versions languishing for many years in the attic because he was so skinny and floppy. He was the one with the stone sword, grenade belt and really poor looking battle damaged coat that exposed his weedy left arm.

I killed three birds today by putting the Hot Toys coat and shirt on him, along with the Numo Workshop sculpt that came with the ARToys, creating a hybrid between the two film appearances and the comics.

The shirt is so big it really bulks up his upper body, and the coat naturally covers his arms completely.

51159553851_179a928dde_o.jpg

51158889762_16092d491d_o.jpg

A quick bash, and a lot cheaper than buying another HT 2019!

Looks good. I?m thinking about doing some thing like that too. I bought an extra 2019 body and I?m really curious to know how bad the staining would actually be...

Maybe wrapping the arms in plastic wrap would be a good way to prevent staining? Then I wonder if the plastic wrap would have a negative effect. Any clue?

Oh, no way? I?ll have to look into it further. Do you keep the vinegar in or do you thoroughly wash the vinegar out? I think I might do that and keep it displayed in the coat...it?s so nice not to display it with the coat. Wouldn?t want to settle for having to put it on and take it off every time I want to see it in hand.

I wonder what the stain would look like if it developed anyway... if it?s small here and there it might pass for a bit of dirt, like he was rolling around...fighting.

I?m forgetting which figure it was (I have been collecting figures for like 20 years.) but the same thing happened. The body got stained by its clothing and luckily, for me, it passed as a dirty look paint job, rather than just a blemished figure.

Iv had mine in his coat without the t shirt for over a month now with no staining yet. Il keep u updated.
I?m not too bothered if it does stain it as it looks great with the raincoat & I wont be posing him without it

Last question..how long do you submerge it in the vinegar?

I’ve had success soaking it in the vinegar/water bath for at least 24 hours, then soak it in detergent/water for another 24 hours before a thorough rinse. Let everything dry on a paper towel. If color leaches onto them paper, repeat.

Anyone parting out one of these? Looking for a headsculpt

Have the coat on him the whole time and sometimes alternate with the shirt on. I've had no issues what so ever.

So annoyed, got this shipped from KG and was due to be delivered by DPD two days ago but they've somehow managed to lose the parcel. and only KG can open an investigation it via DPD so need to contact them for them to contact DPD. So this is probably going to take a long time.

On top of that I paid off for JND Arthur Fleck and that was supposed to ship on the 5th and I've heard nothing about it at all.

:mad:

Back