Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd get the Mezco One:12 Hellboy as a placeholder and consolation prize while saving up for the Hot Toys version, but now that I have the Mezco figure in-hand, I am utterly content.

Are aspects of the Hot Toys version superior? Certainly. The detail on the face, for example. But firstly, I do not think any of these details are so superior as to warrant three times the cost of the Mezco figure, and secondly, some aspects of the Mezco figure look better, at least to me! (The rosary beads, for example.)

Two heads, two pistols, a bunch of hands, good articulation, all for $80. Not trying to talk anyone out of the HT figure, 'cause I love Hellboy and it's a great figure and I want it to succeed. But for those of you on a budget or on the fence, there is a nice, affordable alternative.

Absolutely epic photos mate, really outstanding [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received this from Sideshow yet? I have on preorder since day one and last update said expected to take payment March 5th, yet nothing....

Has anyone received this from Sideshow yet? I have on preorder since day one and last update said expected to take payment March 5th, yet nothing....

I'd reach out to them. I heard there were issues with their payment processing system and you might have to reach out to fix it.

Sideshow don?t have it in stock yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually cancelled my order at Sideshow. I don't need two I'm satisfied with one.

This is a seriously impressive looking set.

51068609267_2161f8602d_o.jpg

Running through the different display options is a process of elimination.

I tried the coat on him but it obviously covered up a lot of the detail on the belt and the impressive body itself. The instructions also warn against leaving the coat on for too long to avoid staining the body. So that's a look I'd only go with if I got a second figure.

I tested the Anung Un Rama look with the long horns and flaming crown, and he looked pretty striking. Though it made him too tall for the shelf I'd selected for him. Plus it's too scene specific: it's Hellboy as he doesn't want to be, which is the reason I've never displayed the long horns on any of my other figures. The filed-down horns are just the classic look for the character. So again this would only be something I'd do if I got another figure.

51068668541_cbb5debbed_o.jpg

50999588965_569c53aca4_o.jpg

50999588985_b3dff7ae15_o.jpg

51068866797_829619ea80_o.jpg

Plus it's too scene specific: it's Hellboy as he doesn't want to be, which is the reason I've never displayed the long horns on any of my other figures. The filed-down horns are just the classic look for the character.

I feel the same, which is why I happily skipped the more expensive Mezco exclusive Hellboy for the standard edition; why pay $20 more for giant horns I will never use?

Also, I LOVE that Velma figure!

Also, I LOVE that Velma figure!

The original Flirty Girl heads were horrible and it was ages before I found a sculpt that felt right for her. In the end it was a spare Hasbro Qi'ra from Solo that suddenly clicked. The Hot Toys Jim Gordon glasses slid under the hair too which was a bonus.

49586276983_b8e287d88c_o.jpg

Still haven't found just the right sculpt for Daphne yet.

The original Flirty Girl heads were horrible and it was ages before I found a sculpt that felt right for her. In the end it was a spare Hasbro Qi'ra from Solo that suddenly clicked. The Hot Toys Jim Gordon glasses slid under the hair too which was a bonus.

49586276983_b8e287d88c_o.jpg

Wow, well done! I'd totally buy her if she were available at retail!

Wow, well done! I'd totally buy her if she were available at retail!

Thanks. :)

She is a favourite in the collection.

I made her as short as I could by removing her feet and ankles, which are sitting in a pair of Asmus' Bank Robber Joker shoes as she wears boots in the Scooby Apocalypse comic. They're a bit big and still have the white stripes on them, so I always disguise them with the books!

Thinking about ordering Hellboy from Toys Buying Agent. It would be cheaper than Sideshow considering the taxes and overpriced shipping.

I didn't like Harbour's portrayal at all, but it's worth it just for the body and accessories. Hellboy is a character that can't just be kitbashed together. Has anyone stuck the HT Perlman sculpt on this? Might have to try to track one down if it looks good.

Back