Hot Toys 1/6 figure Black Adam (Deluxe) + Golden Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the-rock-the-rock-meme.gif

Looks good but I've no particular interest in the character or IP.

Last edited:
:lol

I wonder what InArt will do to differentiate themselves from the Hot Toys version of Black Adam.

Rooted hair is the main reason I bought the InArt Ledger Joker and Pattinson Batman - but that's obviously off the table with The Rock.

Accessories are usually worse with Inart (i.e. It) but their attention to detail for tailoring the character suits is arguably better than Hot Toys.
I agree that the quality of InArt’s tailoring is one of their main selling points, but I’m struggling to see how that will come into play on Black Adam. A skintight onesie on a muscle bound guy like the Rock doesn’t provide many options, unless they try to use natural (cloth) materials vs. HT’s synthetics. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Not so much talk about this figure.

I guess most collectors on here are Marvel and Star Wars orientated ??
I don’t know about everyone else but I’ve never read any BA comics so my interest in the figure will depend on the quality of the film. The figure does look well made but the movie will probably need to be amazing in order for me to get past the “Rock cosplaying” effect.

the-rock-the-rock-meme.gif

Unsual to see an announcement this early for a movie that won't be out until next year, looks good but I've no particular interest in the character or IP.
Doesn’t the movie come out this month?

I don’t know about everyone else but I’ve never read any BA comics so my interest in the figure will depend on the quality of the film. The figure does look well made but the movie will probably need to be amazing in order for me to get past the “Rock cosplaying” effect.

Doesn’t the movie come out this month?
Yah you're right lol I must've gotten it mixed up with some other superhero movie, they're all getting delayed.

I guess the majority would need to actually see this character in action before they can form enough of a bond with the Rock’s portrayal to want to spend the big bucks.

Right now it’s a ‘Good job HT, but why should I care?’ situation.

I guess the majority would need to actually see this character in action before they can form enough of a bond with the Rock’s portrayal to want to spend the big bucks.

Right now it’s a ‘Good job HT, but why should I care?’ situation.
Yeah fair enough. i guess thats one of the reasons why Hot Toys typically always announces new figures when hype is at a max.

Not seen the movie yet and DC is just kind of dog **** :lol
I know the Rock probably had a lot of say on this movie, so hopefully its decent. But its still predominantly from the old regime who were trying deperatly to change stuff any way they cpuld with no plan.

so who knows. Too much hype and wrestling style fanfare can also work against you if its crap.

I actually think when DC hits it right they make better/more interesting films than Marvel. It’s just that their hits are few and far between. The MCU (or at least Phase 4) has become way over saturated, and very generic and predictable.

I think this looks great. Will likely pick up the gold armor version. I don’t care about the hair, but too bad The Rock decided to forego the pointy ears. I’m sure they did a makeup test and it probably just didn’t work for him.

Lol, right. MCU isn't actually that phenomenal (except for a few) - it's just organized with a path and a plan that doesn't stop, so now you're too invested to halt.
I’m a little concerned for the future of the MCU. We’ve wondered so long what wonders they could produce with the rights to F4 and X-Men but, considering how things are going, X-Men could appear to be the ideal property in which to inject the maximum amount of identity politics, one-sided social commentary and activism due to all the allegorical issues of the mutant plight and discrimination.

It’s absolutely ripe for getting hijacked by ‘the message’ and if you don’t like it, you were never an X-Men fan because equality, acceptance and social justice are what it’s always been about. The fan condemnation is baked into it’s premise. Why wouldn’t they go all out?

I definitely don’t want them to change the essence of the X-Men ideology because societiy’s distrust and discrimination against mutants is integral to the mythos but the way Marvel will approach it could be very on the nose and cringeworthy. She Hulk is just the starter course to line your stomach for the self loathing you're about to be force-fed.
Marvel’s writing is utterly devoid of intelligence and nuance as of late so they’ll just be beating us over the head with lines like ‘You know who didn’t like ‘different’ types of people? Hitler! That’s you.’

Last edited:

Probably has more to do with it being Black Adam but also The Rock playing him, meaning we're not getting Black Adam, we're just getting the Rock in a skin tight suit for 2 hours. Really wish they had gone with another actor. The dude is charismatic as hell but good lord can he not play anything but himself in every movie that he has ever done.

Even this figure, as great as it looks, all I see is a 1/6 Rock figure. Give him the hair, an accent or even the ears. I feel like he just went on stage at WWE with this outfit.

w0aVkqj.png

Last edited:
To be fair, isn't Black Adam basically a barely contained form of rage, charisma, and arrogance. It's right up the Rock's alley.
It's more to do with the Rock himself than anything. I think at this point in his career, no matter what character he plays, you'll really only just be getting him.

He can be playing whatever character out there in Star Wars, DC, MCU, etc and in the end, you'll still only get and see the Rock. Good for him because it's kind of crazy how big of a platform he's built for himself over the years but I've just never cared or liked him enough to see past that for his roles.

If I was to get a figure of him, it would only be out of some huge love of the Rock himself, which I don't have.

Back