Hot Toys 1/6 figure Black Adam (Deluxe) + Golden Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty much out at this point, I had a good run I guess. I'll be much, much, more selective now.
I’m with both of you. I think a lot of us have had a good run at those prices. But $300 plus per figure is at my pain barrier. Add to that the crazy exchange rate and were at 350 before shipping.
Has to be pretty special for those sorts of prices.

I think HT are about to see a lot less preorders going forward Imo.

maybe they even know that and thats part of the reason for the price hikes ?

I’m with both of you. I think a lot of us have had a good run at those prices. But $300 plus per figure is at my pain barrier. Add to that the crazy exchange rate and were at 350 before shipping.

Us International collectors have it so much worse, and the US prices are still not great either.

Even from HK I can't justify these prices.

Once the USD comes back to earth you’ll be able to hear the US guys complaining as well. Assuming the HKD price stays the same.

If their reason for price hikes is to counter lower pre-order numbers, then they should make some figures the majority actually want to have higher pre-order numbers.

Don't get me wrong, this figure looks incredible, one of the best likenesses I have seen by HT. But Black Adam won't be selling as well as some other figures people have been waiting/hoping for like some main Star Wars PT/OT characters or Keaton Batman figures they've teased and never released, etc.

Awesome looking figure, but despite being a DC fan I've never been too familiar with this character, so I'll have to see if the movie wins me over first.

And of course there's no way I'm ordering anything until I see what Inart has up their sleeve. Don't want to be burned again like with Pattinson Batman.
Oh yes, waiting for InArt's rooted hair version is definitely the way to go lol...

Yup that's the Rock all right..Feel like I'm looking at a cosplay fan piece. Where's the actual Black Adam?

There's also something really weird with that head on their neck. Doesn't look right when it's turned in any direction other than straight on.
That's sort of the problem with casting him as Black Adam. He's bigger than the character and always will be. Chris Evans grew into Cap. RDJ, while pretty famous wasn't Rock famous and grew into legendary status as Tony Stark. Cavill, Gadot both moderate stars before their respective characters. Battfleck is the closest but nowhere near The Rock. In his other movies it's fine because he's pretty much just a variation of the Rock in all of those. This is just...different.

Once the USD comes back to earth you’ll be able to hear the US guys complaining as well. Assuming the HKD price stays the same.
Oh, we're complaining already. $300 for a figure is crazy. I'm getting more selective just within the realm of Star Wars and rarely pre-order anymore. I make the exception for anything Fett related but that's different for me. I was pleased when I ordered Vanth that I had Axe Woves still in my cart from some other point and he was $235. Feels bargain bin at this point :)

“The hierarchy of prices for 1/6 Scale Collectibles is about to change” 😬😳

4 pages of discussion and no one has dropped the line yet, so I will be first:

The hierarchy of quality in the Hot Toys 1/6 scale range is about to change.

:D

Oooooooor

The hierarchy of discounted 1/6 figures is about to change.

If I end up ordering this it will be the gold version to look most like the comics.

I would then pick up this 3rd party sculpt and add black hair with a widow's peak and pointed ears to change up to a comic version every once in a while :).
1664551595152.png

Unless Hot toys keeps up with the low stock ****.
the low stock is fake. i hope hot toys is learning you can't have it both ways. you can't say you are a high end collectibles company and just mass produce crazily and re-release identical figures over and over again and expect ppl to continue preordering. we are in a global recession and these goofballs are raising prices like crazy while doing nothing but re-releases and trash business practices like this gold and black separate release. its no surprise that almost all hot toys releases these days you can wait and find heavy discounts within 2 months of releases.

Ill buy it no matter how the movie is, i can separate the movie from the figure. We get precious little DC products but little by little im getting a decent DC shelf going with something other than Batman/Superman/WW

Oh wow this looks like a fantastic figure! The likeness and overall aesthetic looks spot on! :thud:

Would like Shazam to be released as well, but we'll see.

Oh yes, waiting for InArt's rooted hair version is definitely the way to go lol...

:lol

I wonder what InArt will do to differentiate themselves from the Hot Toys version of Black Adam.

Rooted hair is the main reason I bought the InArt Ledger Joker and Pattinson Batman - but that's obviously off the table with The Rock.

Accessories are usually worse with Inart (i.e. It) but their attention to detail for tailoring the character suits is arguably better than Hot Toys.

Back