Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a nice piece for SW fans (like me), however its one of those figures where they have to put the HOT TOYS price on something I feel could be sold for much cheaper. I rather spend the $315 Canadian on a HT with a human likeness and more accessories.

Anyone else noticed the rim on its mouth is not on this figure?
1706030817076.jpeg

Edit: In the blogger photos there is a small seam not as big as this, from the Sideshow video I couldn’t tell.

Looks awesome, sticking with 1 for now, hopefully its around for a minute or two if I want to grab a second in a few months.

It came out great, it just seems like an expensive background piece. I ordered 2 and I’m thinking I only need one. I’ll wait for review videos and think about it. My brain says I only need one, but my psychosis says 2. I also have a feeling this will sit for a while.

It came out great, it just seems like an expensive background piece. I ordered 2 and I’m thinking I only need one. I’ll wait for review videos and think about it. My brain says I only need one, but my psychosis says 2. I also have a feeling this will sit for a while.

My thought process as well, in theory, 2 sounds perfect, but not much to do with this, and I'd rather splurge on a few tan B1's whenever they go up and stick with 1 SPD.

I'll see how I feel after I get the one in first.

Well... I can't really blame HT for this.
Even in the movie, they did all kinds of messed up logic to pose the impossibles.
Look at the overlapping parts and twisted elbow hinges in this shot! LOL!
View attachment 685278
Precisely. Same with 3PO holding his blaster. That whole sequence was shot with a CGI battle-3PO. I’m sure they could have used a CGI head and Daniel’s in his suit, but shooting the action scenes was probably quite difficult in his limiting suit.

That's what happens when you dont design something to be used as a prop.
Yup. Like clones. How do they even sit? Just look at the seated clone in AOTC arena scene. Or R2 fitting into the jedi fighter.

CGI makes the unnatural things seem natural. Movie magic.

Back