Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting detail…
F844F804-8544-40A3-A1B7-4BF2825C294F.jpeg

no crappy cell batteries will be a welcome change. I guess the bigger body can fit AAA?

I feel like $238 is fairly reasonable for this. Yes it’s bare bones but it’s fairly large and a unique figure. Plus it’s less than a lot of other figures now days. Anything under $250 is a bargain in my view.

I’ll get at least one of these. Have one standard Battle Droid pre-ordered and hoping to grab a second one. I’ll probably put them with Grievous eventually.

Ordered! The battle of geonosis will be dope when it all comes together. I'm in for one SBD flanked by 2 reg BD. Throw Jango and Dooku in there and you have a nice separtist display to combat Yoda, Padme, Anakin, Mace, Clones, R2, C3, and hopefully Obi-Wan.

I think the price is decent for what it is. It's pretty chonky and everything is all new.

Hopefully there'll be some metal reinforced joints.

Only thing I might've wanted to see would be a swappable arm that's destroyed/severed. Which could also be displayed on its own like the B1 parts with ROTS Obi-Wan.

PO'd one. A bit surprised at the price. Not complaining mind you in this day of barely anything below $250, but it makes me wonder at this price point if the SBD is going to featured any die-cast parts (joints like the DT and/or legs like K2SO). Didn't list anything about it in the specs, but it would certainly help against warpage and for support. We'll see in about 18 months or so...

Why can’t the BD have the same base as SBD. Not a fan of them being different. I could care less about the footprint, as I would prefer the metal plaque on both.

PO'd one. A bit surprised at the price. Not complaining mind you in this day of barely anything below $250, but it makes me wonder at this price point if the SBD is going to featured any die-cast parts (joints like the DT and/or legs like K2SO). Didn't list anything about it in the specs, but it would certainly help against warpage and for support. We'll see in about 18 months or so...

Maybe we will? I don't remember if the K2 product page said anything about diecast, yet we ended up getting them in the legs.

SBD is pretty top heavy, so maybe they'll do the same.

Why does that little light require a AAA battery?
(3) AAA = 7v I think. If they are using a 7v LED bulb, then we need all them damn batteries. I don’t want them to start using conventional batteries. I like button cell personally. My 49yr old eyes don’t, but something about the efficiency of them is nice.

Picked up one SBD. As someone once said “SS, you fool me once, shame on you. You fool me twice…well you’re not gonna fool me again
!”

Back