Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Trooper (Chrome Version) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are waiting for him because he has a headsculpt, that's about it.

I think we'll see him by the end of the year, they will want to get him out before the onslaught of season 3 figs.

HT a head sculpt company can't make head sculpts in a timely fashion. Kinda like Moducase can't make Moducases. This hobby is trying my patience.

HT a head sculpt company can't make head sculpts in a timely fashion. Kinda like Moducase can't make Moducases. This hobby is trying my patience.

That is true, you’ve gotta have superhuman patience to stay in the game.

Head sculpt painting does seem to be the biggest bottleneck point for their production capacity.

Which makes sense since they can probably only employ a limited number of people to hand paint them. It’s something that’s difficult to both train and find people with the potential to be able to do it.

The Moducase thing is odd though. That’s all they do. They’re great cases and they seem to maintain a consistent quality but manufacturing also doesn’t seem super complicated either.

We're all bored of waiting for this figure to ship after almost 3 weeks. So, here we go.... anyone, anyone? (Keep it fun.)

Top Ten Reasons The Chrome Clone Still Hasn't Shipped:

Last edited:
Anyone else get a shipping notification? Looks like mine is on the way.

Not 100% sure I want to keep it. Tricky to sell these exclusives though since I don’t really want to make a profit from it but I don’t want someone to go and flip it.

We're all bored of waiting for this figure to ship after almost 3 weeks. So, here we go.... anyone, anyone? (Keep it fun.)

Top Ten Reasons The Chrome Clone Still Hasn't Shipped:

They hired a new warehouse manager:

92771289-AC26-444F-9AFB-7DF7D076BA22.gif

Man, I hope my waitlist converts. I just could not afford it when it was released. Too many PO's at the time. Kicking myself thinking it would've been available a little longer. I love the look personally.

I like the retro look of the phase 1 helmet. Personally speaking, I felt the 501st version looked a bit over scaled on the Deluxe 501st Troopers, so I use the P2 helmets exclusively posed along with Rex. The P2 helmet is also a great, transitional design.

But, there's something special the Chrome finish does to the appearance of the phase 1 helmet. The scale seems very good and works much better on this figure.

It's as if the chrome finish and the reflections help to scale more appropriately and just looks great, in my opinion. Very happy to see this is the case, because I like retro "rocketeer" vibes this give off.

@BACON!, is that a separate display case, your figure looks great isolated like that. I've been thinking this might be a nice way to display it too, something that has the led lighting preinstalled?

Ques?... Which case are you using? If you don't mind me asking.

Looking forward to seeing more of everyone's pics soon. 😃

Last edited:
@BACON!, is that a separate display case, your figure looks great isolated like that. I've been thinking this might be a nice way to display it too, something that has the led lighting preinstalled?

Ques?... Which case are you using? If you don't mind me asking.

Looking forward to seeing more of everyone's pics soon. 😃
I got mine at BBTS. Looks like it is still in stock: Chaos Infinite Collectible Display Case

Lighting is highly customizable, but I am having trouble saving the lighting settings

I got mine at BBTS. Looks like it is still in stock: Chaos Infinite Collectible Display Case

Lighting is highly customizable, but I am having trouble saving the lighting settings
Thank you @BACON! Such a cool display! 😃

So, just to confirm your case size are dimensions:

12.59 x 12.59 x 21.25 inches

That's seem quite tall? But still good for 1/6 12" figures?

Last edited:
Back