Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Trooper (Chrome Version) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedi_Col

Jedi Academy Dropout -Class of '88-
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Clone trooper Chrome Version Celebration Exclusive
Screenshot_20220525-112220_Facebook.jpg

Show exclusives are almost always cash grabs. Back when I was at Funko, we put out some terrible show exclusives. Why? People would buy them and the cost was low.

691F4A9C-E496-414A-89A5-4995D60DDE3E.jpeg

I can’t believe it’s been 6 years since we were here poking fun at the Gold and Copper Chrome Stormtroopers.

Time really flies.

Any bets on the Chrome Trooper color? Blue or silver, maybe?

Elite squad trooper is good enough for a normal release. I honestly don't care about most of these exclusives because they are expensive to collectors who don't buy directly in HK or from SS.

They really thought this was more worthy than the 212th? I mean for crying out loud it’d be cheaper for them to make and they’d sell a bunch. Okay, I know exclusive and all that, and 212th would clearly sell on a similar level to the 501st, so not ideal.

That said the Phase 1 Clone Commander, or any of the other ranks, or Geonosis Battle Droid Commander would’ve been far smarter releases and perfect for exclusives. Sure a lot people would still want them, just maybe not as many people as would want the ordinary army-building grunt versions.

Just somebody needs to tell Hot Toys that exclusives don’t have to mean dumb **** that only a few people will buy.

Last edited:
Back