Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Trooper (Chrome Version) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 582373

I recently got bit by the "trooper bug" from the 501st... it was an absolute must to pick this guy up, I know I'd kick myself if I didn't lol

I’ve had the 1/6 Star Wars trooper bug for over a decade now. Nasty stuff; mutates very quickly from just one of a trooper to a pair to a couple to sometimes far more. But glad you got the 501st before they went to waitlist.

Yeah, I knew I would regret it if I didn’t get it just to have. This is overpriced but it would be worse to pay more after selling out.

But it’s going to be displayed separately because I think it’d be out of place with the rest of the Clones.

E0321F5F-34F4-4F08-887D-A048514B50D0.gif

More like evolution of squeezing collectors for all they’re worth.
I actually disagree. Silly novelty repaints are a great option for exclusives. Something folk won't worry about skipping but unique and interesting for those who want them.

Can you imagine if every event exclusive was a key must have character??? That would REALLY p*** people off. They would be harder to get and far more expensive.

Having exclusives be chrome troopers and minor characters or even just alternate stands (like Sideshow often did) is the ideal way to go.

I actually disagree. Silly novelty repaints are a great option for exclusives. Something folk won't worry about skipping but unique and interesting for those who want them.

Can you imagine if every event exclusive was a key must have character??? That would REALLY p*** people off. They would be harder to get and far more expensive.

Having exclusives be chrome troopers and minor characters or even just alternate stands (like Sideshow often did) is the ideal way to go.

It was a joke about the number of people who reluctantly bought this despite being overpriced and not the best exclusive they could’ve come up with because it’s shiny and still an exclusive.

Myself included.

Yes, I always say event exclusives should technically be items that are not must haves for average collectors so they don’t have to fight to chase them down.

But these exclusives are exclusives in name only. They have been for some time. A lot of figures just seem like normal releases or re-releases with an exclusive sticker slapped on.

So at this point the figure slot feels a little wasted on out of universe repaints like the Chrome and Neon Tech lines except for the 15 people that are truly passionate about them.

I would’ve been happier if this were something like the Elite Squad Trooper, Shadow Clone Trooper, or Hawkbat Trooper.

I just got charged for this and now shows Preparing to Ship. Funny, I usually get a notice from SS saying that the figure is coming and when it would be charged, but didn’t get one this time.
It's been happening more and more lately. Obviously their emails aren't going out like they should. Regardless, mine is preparing to ship as well.

I got a charge alert from my credit card and had no idea what it was for. Much like others, saw this is set to ship soon.

No email, payment processed.

I feel like I was pickpocketed and they took my money but they left a shiny silver Clone Trooper in my pocket. :lol

HK getting their stock today may be a clue as to why Sideshow charged PO early. Fear of cancellations maybe?

HK getting their stock today may be a clue as to why Sideshow charged PO early. Fear of cancellations maybe?

I would not expect Sideshow to care about that or react that way. They typically charge when the shipment is an imminent arrival to their warehouse.

Doesn’t matter to them if someone cancels this. They keep the NRD and the figure goes to someone on the waitlist who will jump on it.

I would not expect Sideshow to care about that or react that way. They typically charge when the shipment is an imminent arrival to their warehouse.

Doesn’t matter to them if someone cancels this. They keep the NRD and the figure goes to someone on the waitlist who will jump on it.

Just bringing that up as it seems there was some sort of mishap last week with PO being charged without prior email notifications and figures keeping their "processing" status until now. Lots of talks on that subject over multiple Youtube channels.

Back