Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Trooper (Chrome Version) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow it’s $45 more expensive than the AOTC basic Clone trooper which actually comes with one more accessory. Insane.

1654684190131.png

I can’t believe I ended up ordering this. Had to get rid of some reward points but for whatever reason, I love this.

Somehow it’s $45 more expensive than the AOTC basic Clone trooper which actually comes with one more accessory. Insane.

I have a feeling this is the new chrome Mando finish, which is probably more expensive to produce.

Anyway, my first reaction upon hearing about this was "hell no", then I saw pics and was like - Ok, it's from the PT (which I do not collect), but it's a trooper, so it could really be from any SW film if he was in the background. Like many others, i took a deep sigh and purchased it

I have a feeling this is the new chrome Mando finish, which is probably more expensive to produce.

Anyway, my first reaction upon hearing about this was "hell no", then I saw pics and was like - Ok, it's from the PT (which I do not collect), but it's a trooper, so it could really be from any SW film if he was in the background. Like many others, i took a deep sigh and purchased it
It’s not even actual chrome though, and it doesn’t even look as good as these promo pics it looks like a cheap matte finish. Just doesn’t seem worth it imo.

I am shocked I have not picked this up.

Must stay strong.

I try really hard not to be a Hot Toys completionist and I'm not, even if I have most of the Star Wars figures.

But I did not want this to be the pointy faux chrome plated rock in my shoe that prevents me from being able to have all the Hot Toys Clones.

Which has unfortunately locked me into buying a porcelain Clone if they make one.

I don't believe it is. This is very likely to be the same type of faux chrome paint they've used on past chrome figures. The Gold Chrome Stormtrooper says it's "faux-gold chrome painted" and the Chrome Clone similarly says "shiny silver chrome painted" in their product descriptions.

The Mandalorian Season 2 figure makes it a point to say it's specifically chrome plated. There's a reason for that distinction.

They are mainly charging more because it's an exclusive.

it may also be more limited than the basic clone (the short window to release suggests it is well into production so quantity was not based on pre-order levels but rather a set quantity e.g; 5,000 units) so the price per figure will be higher. For the standard white clone there will be a nice long window for pre-orders, then HT will take that number (7,000 for example) maybe add 5-10% to it and produce that many, thus spreading costs over more units yadda yadda lower price point yadda yadda PROFIT!

it may also be more limited than the basic clone (the short window to release suggests it is well into production so quantity was not based on pre-order levels but rather a set quantity e.g; 5,000 units) so the price per figure will be higher. For the standard white clone there will be a nice long window for pre-orders, then HT will take that number (7,000 for example) maybe add 5-10% to it and produce that many, thus spreading costs over more units yadda yadda lower price point yadda yadda PROFIT!
Probably more like 20k clones

a226aeab-a604-45a6-9bf2-8830311f22ad_text.gif

I recently got bit by the "trooper bug" from the 501st... it was an absolute must to pick this guy up, I know I'd kick myself if I didn't lol

Back