1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went back and looked through the blogger photos for some new posing ideas and realized I like these effects better hanging off the ends of the glow hands instead of wearing them up on over the forearms as they're typically used.

View attachment 507193View attachment 507194

Just marvelous!!! :clap :clap :clap

Thanks Zurdo, with all the cool accessories she will be fun to display.

Spanbauer, great photos and posing ideas.She looks boss.

hpnoEyu.gif

Yeah she comes with so much cool stuff the possibilities and combinations seem endless!

While I was glad with the seamless figure for the earth disguise, I ultimately settled on a jointed body for my final display.

PxaAOyy.jpg

dDNroeG.jpg

mAqWRxS.jpg

ejPr5yx.jpg

cZIvFif.jpg

afDnD6E.jpg

Ewxl96T.jpg

Yeah Zurdo what a great pairing!!!

It would be off the charts cool to have the Vers in the green Kree uniform standing in between those two!!

Agreed, that is a great pairing, still digging this though! :nana:
F8114A4F-F54A-43AC-B4E5-AB2E1D1835F6.jpg
:nana:
I wasn?t really that big a fan of the figure initially but now I?m dying for EG version and even though it will never happen, Vers too!

View attachment 507575
I wasn?t really that big a fan of the figure initially but now I?m dying for EG version and even though it will never happen, Vers too!

Yeah blingus that is a great trio you put together there, I love it!

And even though you are probably right about Vers I still hold out some hope that Hot Toys will release that figure as well as Yon-Rogg. After all there is at least one more Captain Marvel movie to be made and Yon-Rogg is still alive so ...

Yeah Zurdo what a great pairing!!!

It would be off the charts cool to have the Vers in the green Kree uniform standing in between those two!!

Yesss!!!!!

Yeah the Starforce suit - I neeeeeeddd it!!!! :thud:

View attachment 507575

Excellent! :clap

Yeah I can't wait for the EG CAPTAIN MARVELLLL!!!!!!! :panic:

Yeah blingus that is a great trio you put together there, I love it!

And even though you are probably right about Vers I still hold out some hope that Hot Toys will release that figure as well as Yon-Rogg. After all there is at least one more Captain Marvel movie to be made and Yon-Rogg is still alive so ...

Yon-Rogg would be very welcome too! It'd make the CM line up better!

Few new pics of the brown-haired Carol Danvers & friends.

Spanbauer strikes again with great photography skillz (so great that those skills needed the Z)! But really I?m replying here because aside from the horrendous stock ankle ?system? messing up height, maneuverability, convincing flight poses, etc. that hair color bugs me almost as much. For the record, I?ll mention again that accuracy on 1/6 movie figures has never been that high up on my importance list.

That being said, I?m very much contemplating painting the hair to get some lighter brown/blonde action going on there. My painting skills suck but I do have plenty of colors, brushes, paint remover and an extra painted Mohawk (so lots of options & a piece for experimentation) which could help me achieve something more desirable than that flat brown. And since I?m not that AR about complete accuracy, I feel that I might be able to do something that will help the figure look more like a blonde than a brunette on my shelves.

Even though the forthcoming comparison is almost irrelevant (rooted hair, markers instead of paint & the fact that the stock hair is so unbelievably horribly wrong), the IW BW roots of the rooted hair actually turned out well especially when viewed with a group of ?friends? together on the shelves.
3A0CC916-40CD-4B88-B5E2-3892C612114C.jpg

Attachments

• 0AB69E79-068A-4097-ABE6-BA97F692B04C.jpg
    0AB69E79-068A-4097-ABE6-BA97F692B04C.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 225
Nice group shots!!! :clap :clap

Spanbauer, your photos are out of this world :thud:

So agreed about Spanbauer?s great photos as I have commented numerous times already. Perhaps this collector might think about doing a solid above sharing his great pictures and throw us some tips! I have been on this planet for the better part of 4 decades and I can not take pictures to save my life and that is barely an exaggeration. I understand a few things that have helped my shots go from insta-trash to “mother****er, I wish I knew how to setup lighting and framing”. Here is an idea, how about a YouTube series dedicated to collectibles photography? I would not just subscribe with instant notifications but I would donate superchats or even Patreon (which I hate because the creators get a percentage of the donations while the services just take their cuts every damn time.

Sorry for another rant but then again, I am liking the idea and would financially support someone talented that started this!

Love these shots Spanbauer!!

Nice group shots!!! :clap :clap

Spanbauer, your photos are out of this world :thud:
Thanks again, fellas!

Spanbauer strikes again with great photography skillz (so great that those skills needed the Z)! But really I?m replying here because aside from the horrendous stock ankle ?system? messing up height, maneuverability, convincing flight poses, etc. that hair color bugs me almost as much. For the record, I?ll mention again that accuracy on 1/6 movie figures has never been that high up on my importance list.

That being said, I?m very much contemplating painting the hair to get some lighter brown/blonde action going on there. My painting skills suck but I do have plenty of colors, brushes, paint remover and an extra painted Mohawk (so lots of options & a piece for experimentation) which could help me achieve something more desirable than that flat brown. And since I?m not that AR about complete accuracy, I feel that I might be able to do something that will help the figure look more like a blonde than a brunette on my shelves.

Even though the forthcoming comparison is almost irrelevant (rooted hair, markers instead of paint & the fact that the stock hair is so unbelievably horribly wrong), the IW BW roots of the rooted hair actually turned out well especially when viewed with a group of ?friends? together on the shelves.
View attachment 508143
I’d be really curious to see what that could look like (has someone out there tried this already?) but yeah that’s a big undertaking for a noob custom painter. I’d recommend grabbing a second head off eBay if you want to try that. I know I am not brave enough to modify my figures.

So agreed about Spanbauer?s great photos as I have commented numerous times already. Perhaps this collector might think about doing a solid above sharing his great pictures and throw us some tips! I have been on this planet for the better part of 4 decades and I can not take pictures to save my life and that is barely an exaggeration. I understand a few things that have helped my shots go from insta-trash to ?mother****er, I wish I knew how to setup lighting and framing?. Here is an idea, how about a YouTube series dedicated to collectibles photography? I would not just subscribe with instant notifications but I would donate superchats or even Patreon (which I hate because the creators get a percentage of the donations while the services just take their cuts every damn time.

Sorry for another rant but then again, I am liking the idea and would financially support someone talented that started this!
That *would* make for a great Youtube video. I’m kind of in a unique situation though as I’m relying on indirect natural lighting for my white background photos, meaning it can’t be replicated and I can only shoot during certain times of day and get best results on sunny days. I’ve had little to no luck with artificial lighting so for a true tutorial I am totally not your guy. My method doesn’t require purchasing lighting gear but also means I’m at the mercy of the sun.

What I can tell you is that I try to pay attention to where the light is hitting and adjust the figure/camera placement so that it isn?t all flatly lit, also trying to angle the figure and heads so that the eyes catch the light. Set the camera on a tripod and you can spend more time reviewing how it looks on the screen and futzing with the figure to improve the setup before taking the photo.

I use a DSLR with a solid lens and I’m finessing the highlights, shadows and colors in post. And I?m discarding like 10 photos for every 1 that makes it in. And sometimes what seems like a cool pose in person just does not translate on camera so I either have to scrap it or modify it.

The fanciest guys of course get into all kinds of movie backgrounds and post effects but that’s a whole other level.

View attachment 508143

I have thought the same thing about the hair color on my Captain Marvel and Thor TDW. I have contemplated painting the hair or at least giving them more blonde highlights but I am afraid of ruining them. So obviously I would love to see you pull it off then share some tips :)

I’m sure someone somewhere on this forum has done something like this successfully

Thanks again, fellas!

[...]

That *would* make for a great Youtube video. I?m kind of in a unique situation though as I?m relying on indirect natural lighting for my white background photos, meaning it can?t be replicated and I can only shoot during certain times of day and get best results on sunny days. I?ve had little to no luck with artificial lighting so for a true tutorial I am totally not your guy. My method doesn?t require purchasing lighting gear but also means I?m at the mercy of the sun.

What I can tell you is that I try to pay attention to where the light is hitting and adjust the figure/camera placement so that it isn?t all flatly lit, also trying to angle the figure and heads so that the eyes catch the light. Set the camera on a tripod and you can spend more time reviewing how it looks on the screen and futzing with the figure to improve the setup before taking the photo.

I use a DSLR with a solid lens and I?m finessing the highlights, shadows and colors in post. And I?m discarding like 10 photos for every 1 that makes it in. And sometimes what seems like a cool pose in person just does not translate on camera so I either have to scrap it or modify it.

The fanciest guys of course get into all kinds of movie backgrounds and post effects but that?s a whole other level.

Wow, thank you for sharing your experiences in shooting your photos! Agree, for me taking photos is best on sunny days, as I feel ambient light is important if not using lighting gear.

Wow, thank you for sharing your experiences in shooting your photos! Agree, for me taking photos is best on sunny days, as I feel ambient light is important if not using lighting gear.
Welcome! Ideally though you don't want direct sunlight as that will be too harsh; natural light spilling through a room window or filtered through the leaves of the trees seems to work best.

Got bored and photoshopped a photo I recently took of what proper blonde hair would have looked like on this figure. Now that I've seen it you all have to as well :/

carolcomposite2.jpg

Cool stuff Spanbauer and Thank you for the tips! By the way, if I decide to paint the hair sculpt, I’d probably go a few shades lighter. Even as Vers, before her full on embracing of powers, her hair was closer to blonde than brown. That said however, I do appreciate how much that slight photoshop change made and is making me want to lighten the hair even more so.

Back