1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 497192View attachment 497193View attachment 497194

My Captain Marvel display with the Queen Studios Bust and a signed pic I purchased from collector selling off parts of his Celebrity Authentics collection
Even found a mini ?Happy Days? lunch box (actually just a plastic key chain) and then
cut off the chain

Why do the pics go in sideways? They?re oriented correctly in my photo library

Friggin' MARVELOUS display!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :thud: :hi5: :peace

Haha It'd be cool to acquire a signed B.L. art print, but ideally I'd want to meet her in real life and ask her to sign my HT CM art box! :thud:

Also, if I may ask, what flight suit is that?

Friggin' MARVELOUS display!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :thud: :hi5: :peace

Haha It'd be cool to acquire a signed B.L. art print, but ideally I'd want to meet her in real life and ask her to sign my HT CM art box! :thud:

Also, if I may ask, what flight suit is that?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments - I know the character/actress seems to generate mixed reactions on this board, but she's one of my favorite MCU characters.

Zurdo - the flights suit and helmet are from a BBI Blue Box 1/6 Scale 12" Elite Force F-15A Female Pilot Burner Action Figure and on a Hot Toys Scarlet Witch body

Thanks everyone for the nice comments - I know the character/actress seems to generate mixed reactions on this board, but she's one of my favorite MCU characters.

Zurdo - the flights suit and helmet are from a BBI Blue Box 1/6 Scale 12" Elite Force F-15A Female Pilot Burner Action Figure and on a Hot Toys Scarlet Witch body

hpnoEyu.gif

I wholeheartedly agree! She's my favorite MCU character and my favorite Marvel super heroine! :)

Ah gotcha, thanks! Hehe now despite that in the film she had her har in a bun/braided, I was thinking of going for her pilot look. I'd ordered a Damtoys flight suit and separately a Dragon fighter pilot helmet (hopefully they arrive lol); I have a spare HT Rey body so looking forward to having another look! :)

^^ Absolutelyyy fabulous photos!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Both head sculpts are stellar, and I'm not sure I've read much discussion on the helmeted sculpt, I think they nailed the look for it!

^^ Absolutelyyy fabulous photos!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Both head sculpts are stellar, and I'm not sure I've read much discussion on the helmeted sculpt, I think they nailed the look for it!

I agree that both sculpts are very cool. However I prefer mine with the helmeted sculpt. For some reason I just prefer it as a more battle ready look. In addition the detail and the paint on the helmet are exceptional.

That said, I should mention that upon reflection, I think I do have a bias towards helmeted figures. All of my figures are displayed with their helmets/masks on.

I agree that both sculpts are very cool. However I prefer mine with the helmeted sculpt. For some reason I just prefer it as a more battle ready look. In addition the detail and the paint on the helmet are exceptional.

That said, I should mention that upon reflection, I think I do have a bias towards helmeted figures. All of my figures are displayed with their helmets/masks on.

Much agreed! :) I can def see your liking to have the masked/helmeted look(s); I think it helps add to the more fictional/fantastical immersion. Though it's great to have both options!

Thanks to @nyc1962 for the suggestion of the lunch box! :) Was able to nab one off the bay, it even opens up and has the thermos from CM's diversion!!!!

51Dm6js.jpg

7TSpVat.jpg

Now I feel I need a 1/6 Tesseract :lol

:woo

I'd gotten the chance to kitbash her pilot look!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a Damtoys flight suit (for a male figure), so it's pretty baggy on a female figure but I just pulled it back to contour the front, I think it looks ok. The Dragon helmet is so cool, it has formidable detail (I know the helmet's not accurate to the film, but I'm so glad to have an evocative look.)

y2bRfEa.jpg

BK7ZmFs.jpg

B21jnHS.jpg

Txmrjxv.jpg

:woo

I'd gotten the chance to kitbash her pilot look!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a Damtoys flight suit (for a male figure), so it's pretty baggy on a female figure but I just pulled it back to contour the front, I think it looks ok. The Dragon helmet is so cool, it has formidable detail (I know the helmet's not accurate to the film, but I'm so glad to have an evocative look.)

B21jnHS.jpg

Txmrjxv.jpg

Very, very, very cool. I?ll admit that I?m not really much of the current comic version of Carol Danvers, nor am I a fan of MCU/CM so far, I?m also not much of a fan of Brie Larson even before her MCU debut and the appearances she?s made so far amount to about 1.15 movies which I?ll admit that there was a certain wow factor to some of the heroic moments she pulled off. Lastly, I felt like the HT figure was done by their B team and aside from the very cheap looking and feeling jacket, that masked head looks like a cartoon. So in my estimation I feel -1, -1, -1, +1, -1=-3 unfortunately. But the strange thing is that for my 5 category judgment equaling a -3, I bought a super cheap spare body, a $20 extra masked head and the grunge/NIN clothes with cheap female body, I have a total of 3 MCU Captain Marvels :lol

I make no logical sense sometimes but I do enjoy kitbashing especially when it comes to less than 1/3 the cost of most other major character kitbashes. Also, I have yet to put the grunge CD together/kitbash NIN Captain Marvel but I?m planning on using the unhelmeted head without baseball cap on that one. Using the extra helmeted head for the bomber/fighter jacket with the painted Mohawk and possibly some extra silly effects that I have laying around to try for a powering up illusion and then leaving the decked out version as shown.

Sorry that, again, I wrote another novel length comment to basically say that your flight suit kitbash looks really great. It honestly looks so good that had I not bought the NIN shirt and grunge set, I?d have gone down that road; I really like it, baggy or not. Thanks for sharing!

15B6C296-2B63-4516-8D3F-687C3762DC11.jpg0A968DFF-50C0-43EB-B3EE-4020E2764B49.jpg

Very, very, very cool. I?ll admit that I?m not really much of the current comic version of Carol Danvers, nor am I a fan of MCU/CM so far, I?m also not much of a fan of Brie Larson even before her MCU debut and the appearances she?s made so far amount to about 1.15 movies which I?ll admit that there was a certain wow factor to some of the heroic moments she pulled off. Lastly, I felt like the HT figure was done by their B team and aside from the very cheap looking and feeling jacket, that masked head looks like a cartoon. So in my estimation I feel -1, -1, -1, +1, -1=-3 unfortunately. But the strange thing is that for my 5 category judgment equaling a -3, I bought a super cheap spare body, a $20 extra masked head and the grunge/NIN clothes with cheap female body, I have a total of 3 MCU Captain Marvels :lol

I make no logical sense sometimes but I do enjoy kitbashing especially when it comes to less than 1/3 the cost of most other major character kitbashes. Also, I have yet to put the grunge CD together/kitbash NIN Captain Marvel but I?m planning on using the unhelmeted head without baseball cap on that one. Using the extra helmeted head for the bomber/fighter jacket with the painted Mohawk and possibly some extra silly effects that I have laying around to try for a powering up illusion and then leaving the decked out version as shown.

Sorry that, again, I wrote another novel length comment to basically say that your flight suit kitbash looks really great. It honestly looks so good that had I not bought the NIN shirt and grunge set, I?d have gone down that road; I really like it, baggy or not. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 498055View attachment 498056

Thank you!! :wave

Yeah it's fun putting together these figures of the looks we want :lol I'm just so happy to have all these looks for Captain Marvel :peace Especially since she's my favorite MCU character/Marvel heroine!! I wouldn't regularly go for so many variations in terms of more casual/non super suited looks for a character, but I just felt compelled to for Captain Marvel :bounce

Nice pics and poses of your figures!!!!!! :)

Thank you!! :wave

Yeah it's fun putting together these figures of the looks we want :lol I'm just so happy to have all these looks for Captain Marvel :peace Especially since she's my favorite MCU character/Marvel heroine!! I wouldn't regularly go for so many variations in terms of more casual/non super suited looks for a character, but I just felt compelled to for Captain Marvel :bounce

Nice pics and poses of your figures!!!!!! :)

It?s wonderful to hear a positive, especially from another collector, view on the CM movie, heroine, figure, etc. Admittedly, I'll confess that my preconceptions can sometimes get in the way of my enjoyment of those things but I always admit that I?m easily entertained often looking past (or completely unaware of) common criticisms and just enjoying the content with minimal pre-judgements. That being said, there?s definitely times when a film, show, book, figure, comic, artist, theme, etc. can all come together with exemplary positives which can make that specific content/final product and its elements shine even brighter; unfortunately there are still those times when the opposite is true. Thankfully, I?m rarely looking for (or noticing) those poorer elements, but CM was, for me, full of flavors that I?m not particularity fond of ingesting on a regular basis. I already posted about the lenses that I viewed it through in my previous reply, but that?s rare for me and I don?t like to bash something that just by the title character was already starting at a disadvantage.

I have been having a great time with the figure(s) and your pictures not only gave me the opportunity to share pictures of 2 of my 3, but also the motivation to pull out the ?kit? for the 3rd one so I can actually get her put together soon. Thank you!

I have been having a great time with the figure(s) and your pictures not only gave me the opportunity to share pictures of 2 of my 3, but also the motivation to pull out the ?kit? for the 3rd one so I can actually get her put together soon. Thank you!

:hi5: Welcome! Yeah it's been splendorous to me playing around with my CM figures! :) Glad you're happy with your figures as well and putting your third together! :)

It?s wonderful to hear a positive, especially from another collector, view on the CM movie, heroine, figure, etc. Admittedly, I'll confess that my preconceptions can sometimes get in the way of my enjoyment of those things but I always admit that I?m easily entertained often looking past (or completely unaware of) common criticisms and just enjoying the content with minimal pre-judgements. That being said, there?s definitely times when a film, show, book, figure, comic, artist, theme, etc. can all come together with exemplary positives which can make that specific content/final product and its elements shine even brighter; unfortunately there are still those times when the opposite is true. Thankfully, I?m rarely looking for (or noticing) those poorer elements, but CM was, for me, full of flavors that I?m not particularity fond of ingesting on a regular basis. I already posted about the lenses that I viewed it through in my previous reply, but that?s rare for me and I don?t like to bash something that just by the title character was already starting at a disadvantage.

:exactly: :goodpost: I indefinitely agree! I watched CM with little knowledge of the comic character, and the production of the film as well, to keep me surprised. Upon watching it I came to really enjoy it and Captain Marvel is now my favorite super heroine in both film and comics. I like to keep an open mind and assess things after familiarizing them, and as you mention enjoy things with little pre-judgement. Though of course we all have our own perspectives. I think in some respects we collect from things that would have some significance to oneself, from any context of any medium/source. For me Captain Marvel has so much meaning me, and, this may be going in a bit deep, but for instance the scene where Carol breaks free from the Supreme Intelligence just really impacted me, from the imagery, her emotion, CM's theme blaring, I was just in utter awe.

lxZOlRY.jpg

jBEtbSo.jpg

CXmB6s4.jpg

A5gY50j.jpg

XNw7ase.jpg

BU7AlUB.jpg

Yh0VUic.jpg

kB1vSXQ.jpg

kNIq7Sf.jpg

3tOvuZh.jpg

kmYEakb.jpg

Back