1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed the SWtoys disguise set is available on some overseas stores, but will wait for some in hand photos/videos before ultimately deciding.

Finally got my one last week, she is an absolute beauty

IMG2020072918401499a217135124f460.jpg

IMG2020072918423277fa351e5cfa1757.jpg

IMG2020072918440404539255df90fb5b.jpg

IMG202007291843552b68b66a8469f94a.jpg

Neil

SWtoys Danvers came in for me today, so i promptly kitbashed it haha.

Here are some pics

DSC00946.jpg
DSC00941.jpg
DSC00944.jpg
DSC00938.jpg

If you'd like to see more in hand pictures, i did a quick video.

This being my first female Hot Toys figure, I'm learning it really takes some directional lighting to properly capture the much more subtle contours of the face. Without that, the sculpt appears too flat and the likeness can get lost.

View attachment 491857View attachment 491858

Wow. Stunning pictures! That really does help bring out the likeness.

This will be my FIRST Hot Toys figure, ever. So my hopes are high. Captain Marvel is the only one I've deemed worthy of a purchase.

Wow. Stunning pictures! That really does help bring out the likeness.

This will be my FIRST Hot Toys figure, ever. So my hopes are high. Captain Marvel is the only one I've deemed worthy of a purchase.

Nice pick on your first HT figure!!!! Can't go wrong with Captain Marvel!!!!!!!! I hope you'll be happy and wowed by it!!!!! I think it's a stunning figure. :)

SWtoys Danvers came in for me today, so i promptly kitbashed it haha.

Here are some pics

View attachment 492542
View attachment 492544
View attachment 492546
View attachment 492547

If you'd like to see more in hand pictures, i did a quick video.

Thank you for sharing your photos and thoughts in your video!!!! I was wondering what the production piece would look like. I think it looks okay, I may have to pick it up sometime. Of course, as you mentioned, a head swap is a must. The jacket doesn't look as big as it did in the film, but I'm not too bothered since I have a casual figure on display utilizing the delux bomber jacket. Hmmm, I'll probably do a body swap, especially since I'll be intending to display her without the jacket, in just the shirt, pants and boots, to recreate some of my favorite moments from the film..

rM2bu1L.jpg

Thank you for sharing your photos and thoughts in your video!!!! I was wondering what the production piece would look like. I think it looks okay, I may have to pick it up sometime. Of course, as you mentioned, a head swap is a must. The jacket doesn't look as big as it did in the film, but I'm not too bothered since I have a casual figure on display utilizing the delux bomber jacket. Hmmm, I'll probably do a body swap, especially since I'll be intending to display her without the jacket, in just the shirt, pants and boots, to recreate some of my favorite moments from the film..

rM2bu1L.jpg

No problems, happy to help. I may do a body swap as well, the body itself they used is not very good. You will definitely need to get a new body if you are to display sleeveless. I didn't highlight in the video, but it is an exposed double joint for the arms. I'm not too bothered about the jacket either, it may be a bit more form fitting, but you can also push back a bit and make it look looser on the shoulders. I also took a couple pics with the bomber jacket. You may just see if you can get a shirt jeans and boots in your case though.

DSC00953.jpg
DSC00959.jpg

I need to watch this again and see if I'd be interested in her. I do rather like the look, but the poseability is frustrating.

Yeah, it is disappointing that the poseability is limited by the suit. But it's due to the design and there's not much that HT can do IMO. However, you can still pull off some great flying poses such as the one below, although you may not want to leave her like that long term.

I actually ordered two of these figures. One will be in a museum pose with her flight jacket and another one to pose. Although it's not movie accurate, I think that she'll make for a great diorama with Endgame Thanos.

Hot Toys Captain Marvel - Secret Base.jpg

No problems, happy to help. I may do a body swap as well, the body itself they used is not very good. You will definitely need to get a new body if you are to display sleeveless. I didn't highlight in the video, but it is an exposed double joint for the arms. I'm not too bothered about the jacket either, it may be a bit more form fitting, but you can also push back a bit and make it look looser on the shoulders. I also took a couple pics with the bomber jacket. You may just see if you can get a shirt jeans and boots in your case though.

View attachment 492625
View attachment 492627

Nice pics! Ahh, thanks for the info about the elbow joints. Haha yeah I only need those three pieces from this set, but if I can't find them parted out for decent prices, then no biggie I'll maybe still pick it up!

I need to watch this again and see if I'd be interested in her. I do rather like the look, but the poseability is frustrating.

I'd say if you like the character, and want to have a representation of her, then go for it! I most certainly do!!!!!!!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Yeah, it is disappointing that the poseability is limited by the suit. But it's due to the design and there's not much that HT can do IMO. However, you can still pull off some great flying poses such as the one below, although you may not want to leave her like that long term.

I actually ordered two of these figures. One will be in a museum pose with her flight jacket and another one to pose. Although it's not movie accurate, I think that she'll make for a great diorama with Endgame Thanos.

View attachment 492665

Yeah the suit can be a bit restrictive, but it shan't bother me at all. Well, while shooting EG, this suit was used during filming then the new suit was added on later if I'm not mistaken. So technically it can be accurate! :lol

Yeah I'm definitely going to have to pass on that casual outfit set, as it's clearly tailored for one of those smaller teenaged-size bodies that all third party companies like to use for some reason, and the HT head looks ginormous on it.

Yeah the suit can be a bit restrictive, but it shan't bother me at all. Well, while shooting EG, this suit was used during filming then the new suit was added on later if I'm not mistaken. So technically it can be accurate! :lol

I love the positive thinking. :lol But seriously, film accuracy is a secondary concern for me personally. My main concern is about how the figure looks on my shelf. I've done some minor modifications to some of my figures because it looks good to me. One example is adding Scarlet Witch's necklace with the red pendant (from Age of Ultron) to my SW New Avengers figure because I think it enhances the figure in a subtle way.

Back