1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr-ps8fsd-Njgm1teqsn2o3-r1-540.gif

tumblr-ps8fsd-Njgm1teqsn2o4-r1-540.gif

4965df0f855c8d735a510b97e6d535c978d02fca.gif

DSC00962.jpg

Zurdo's enthusiasm is definitely infectous. Tempting me to get a second one, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be more versions in the future. Gotta pace myself!

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I wish I loved anything on planet earth the way Zurdo loves Captain Marvel.

You can say it again! :) Well, I can't help it! :blissy :peace I'm so glad I can come to this forum and express my alacrity :)

Wait, you JUST figured that out? :)

Only just, lol I needed to spend some time with it before making such a declaration! :wink1:

View attachment 493006

Zurdo's enthusiasm is definitely infectous. Tempting me to get a second one, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be more versions in the future. Gotta pace myself!

:wave :hi5:

Yep! Definitely! Looking forward to EG CM!!!!

Did they sculpt ears on the long haired sculpt? I am thinking about getting one to add real hair to but don't want a Captian Van Gogh

Oh dang, I haven't though about this until you mentioned it. Revising the unmasked sculpt, it doesn't seem to have any ears!

I shone a flashlight from the bottom of headsculpt and it appears there are little protrusions from where the ear should be. It's hard to see, but I think the ears were sculpted and the plastic hairpiece was placed on top of it. That is as far as I go for inspection though. I am not willing to pop the hairpiece off haha. Maybe someone braver than I will try.

I shone a flashlight from the bottom of headsculpt and it appears there are little protrusions from where the ear should be. It's hard to see, but I think the ears were sculpted and the plastic hairpiece was placed on top of it. That is as far as I go for inspection though. I am not willing to pop the hairpiece off haha. Maybe someone braver than I will try.

Ahhh good catch! I did the same and noticed that too.

Zurdo, have you subscribed to Brie Larson's YouTube channel? She makes interesting videos and she allows people to take a peak at her real personality when she is not behind the camera. I think that she's a humble and interesting person. Her video yesterday was about the roles she auditioned for and did not get. It's refreshing to know that a famous celebrity also has failures just like everyone else.

Zurdo, have you subscribed to Brie Larson's YouTube channel? She makes interesting videos and she allows people to take a peak at her real personality when she is not behind the camera. I think that she's a humble and interesting person. Her video yesterday was about the roles she auditioned for and did not get. It's refreshing to know that a famous celebrity also has failures just like everyone else.

Ah yes, I've heard about her taking part of the YT community, but I do not have an account there nor frequent it much, lol Though I've heard good mention of her videos (good of her sharing her experiences through them). I think she's a proficient, darn good actress and seems to be a very nice gal, and as you mention a humble and interesting person. While I think I am a casual fan of hers, I'm just HUGELY enthralled of her portraying Captain Marvel! :)

I just got my deluxe CM figure and I was pleasantly surprised with Goose the cat. I was expecting to not like Goose after seeing some pictures and hearing some negative reviews about it. But once I had it in hand, I liked Goose. The eyes are very lifelike and the paint looks nice. I'm not a pet owner so I may have lower expectations for the sculpt of animal figures than some people, but I plan to display Goose with CM after seeing it on hand.

I am also happy that the jacket is made of material that I believe will not stain the suit. The inner lining is made of velvet like material while the sleeves look like some type of fabric to me. I've included a picture for reference. The grey portion is part of the sleeve lining. The jacket looks nice and it should look good with CM or a kitbashed figure.

As I expected, the Brie Larson sculpt is phenomenal. The box art is also very attractive and has a holographic finish on some areas that reflect different colors at different angles. The box should look good on display since I know some people like to display their figures with the box. Overall, I am happy with this figure and I'm glad that I got the deluxe.

20200816_214556.jpg

Last edited:
Felt like taking some new pics. I gotta say when I ordered this I fully expected to use the helmeted head with it's cool lightup features more, but the Brie sculpt is so damn attractive I haven't even switched it out yet. And I just love how much the figure pops in the Marvel collection.

20200816_201042 (3).jpg

20200816_201147 (2).jpg

20200816_200834 (2).jpg

20200816_201324 (2).jpg

I just got my deluxe CM figure and I was pleasantly surprised with Goose the cat. I was expecting to not like Goose after seeing some pictures and hearing some negative reviews about it. But once I had it in hand, I liked Goose. The eyes are very lifelike and the paint looks nice. I'm not a pet owner so I may have lower expectations for the sculpt of animal figures than some people, but I plan to display Goose with CM after seeing it on hand.

I am also happy that the jacket is made of material that I believe will not stain the suit. The inner lining is made of velvet like material while the sleeves look like some type of fabric to me. I've included a picture for reference. The grey portion is part of the sleeve lining. The jacket looks nice and it should look good with CM or a kitbashed figure.

As I expected, the Brie Larson sculpt is phenomenal. The box art is also very attractive and has a holographic finish on some areas that reflect different colors at different angles. The box should look good on display since I know some people like to display their figures with the box. Overall, I am happy with this figure and I'm glad that I got the deluxe.

View attachment 493295

Awesome! Glad to hear your happy with it!! :)

Felt like taking some new pics. I gotta say when I ordered this I fully expected to use the helmeted head with it's cool lightup features more, but the Brie sculpt is so damn attractive I haven't even switched it out yet. And I just love how much the figure pops in the Marvel collection.

View attachment 493300

View attachment 493301

How did you get the right foot to bend so low?

Also has anyone had any issues with the knee pads?

Sent from a point in space and time.

Once you give her extended ankles you get a lot more range of movement in the feet. And no issues with the outfit yet, although I haven't had the figure for very long either, so who knows.

I hadn't bothered with the ankle extensions yet as the height didn't bother me too much, but that pose might be worth doing the extension! Looks fantastic.

Once you give her extended ankles you get a lot more range of movement in the feet. And no issues with the outfit yet, although I haven't had the figure for very long either, so who knows.

I suggest adding some extra foam padding to the clamp. The clamp may damage the suit if you use it long term. That being said, I noticed that the clamp on my CM figure is not as "tight" as the ones that I got from earlier figures such as Doctor Strange and the Spidey Homemade Suit. Did you notice the same thing with yours? Hot Toys probably realized the potential damage it can cause to the suit of some figures.

In addition, how did you give CM extended ankles?

Yeah I think they clearly made the clamp a bit weaker so as to not damage the suit.

And I just used one of the extended ankle pieces available on Onesixthkit. There was some other links and discussion a few pages back in this thread.

Yeah I think they clearly made the clamp a bit weaker so as to not damage the suit.

And I just used one of the extended ankle pieces available on Onesixthkit. There was some other links and discussion a few pages back in this thread.

Thanks Dave! I think I missed the previous discussion but I'll checkout Onesixthkit.

Back