1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her face looks so flat in all the photos Ive been seeing

I guess she'll never walk on any of your runway shows then, huh Mugatu?

tenor.gif

Thank you Darth.

A pic to kick the ball rolling back here. Can't say I'm satisfied with the sculpt on this one.

View attachment 477929

Actually I'd say that's one of the better shots of this figure, and a pretty close match to this:

IMG_20200206_152408.jpg

Unfortunately it does also make clear just how off the red is on the figure now. I have no idea why they decided to brighten it up so damn much.

Honestly, I don't get the split on the sculpt. I think it's one of the better ones Hot Toys has done lately. They've had quite a few misses with some recent releases, but this and Newt Scamander are definitely great quality in my book.

I have to ask..anyone worried about getting any HT imported from China right now with that virus scare being around :panic:

These are also coming from Hong Kong, not China. The coronavirus rate in Hong Kong is similar to the United States. Which is not much at all. It'll be fine when it gets here.

Actually I'd say that's one of the better shots of this figure, and a pretty close match to this:

View attachment 477993

Unfortunately it does also make clear just how off the red is on the figure now. I have no idea why they decided to brighten it up so damn much.

It's the color grading. You can't compare a color from a photo and a frame of a film that have both been a) shot under completely different lighting situation and b)color graded by completely different people.

This is why you can never compare the color of a Hot Toys figure with a still from a movie. Hot Toys is most likely sent brightly lit costume and prop photos. And Marvel has a bad habit of color grading their films blue. It also looks like the photographer of the figure really upped the vibrance and saturation on their photos.

Well even in the unboxing videos so far, the red appears to be very bright. And HT got it much closer in the proto, so I don't think it's just a matter of them copying the costume color.

I think it looks pretty damn good personally.

The only worry for me is the suit. Just like Iron Spider, it's going to be damaged pretty immediately when you try and get anything but a standing straight and doing nothing pose. I hope not, but it looks like it.

The headsculpt is close enough so I don?t have a problem with that and the suit looks good even though there are some innacurracies. The one thing that looks off to my eyes are the proportions. It seems as though her shoulders are a bit too wide and the hips are a bit too skinny. All the black widow figures had this problem as well so I?m not necessarily complaining it?s just an observation.

It will definitely look bad ass on the shelf.
b75f68c2685eaa3f8add5b3eb86857e8.jpg
ecf4d48f2ebdbada25449f4711885c6b.jpg
95f8658f9ad65a2420098cfd91d2dc67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the head sculpt looks fine. It doesn't look amazing but not so off like the new Rey. I'm more hesitant to pick this up because of the lack of articulation.

The headsculpt is close enough so I don?t have a problem with that and the suit looks good even though there are some innacurracies. The one thing that looks off to my eyes are the proportions. It seems as though her shoulders are a bit too wide and the hips are a bit too skinny. All the black widow figures had this problem as well so I?m not necessarily complaining it?s just an observation.

It will definitely look bad ass on the shelf.
b75f68c2685eaa3f8add5b3eb86857e8.jpg
ecf4d48f2ebdbada25449f4711885c6b.jpg
95f8658f9ad65a2420098cfd91d2dc67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice comparison pics!! I'm not too terribly bothered with the proportions as overall it is very evocative of the film to me. I think Larson's likeness is a bit difficult to nail down, but the HT sculpt definitely captures her.

Back