1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/b6MN6Vy9bn4

Another youtube review, though it's in Chinese Mandarin.

I think everything looks great; shouldn't judge a fgure based on blogger pictures since most of them don't represent these figures under normal lighting conditions.

And that suit looks like it won't crease in posing..a major win imo.

https://youtu.be/b6MN6Vy9bn4

Another youtube review, though it's in Chinese Mandarin.

I think everything looks great; shouldn't judge a fgure based on blogger pictures since most of them don't represent these figures under normal lighting conditions.

And that suit looks like it won't crease in posing..a major win imo.

I was about to post the same link. Agreed, the suit does seem somewhat more forgiving than the Iron Spider suit, which is the one it most resembles. That said, it's a bit too early to say it won't crease over time.

Figure looks great. I only wish HT would stop using these bodies that give figures like this very rounded off thighs. Kinda hurts the proportions a bit. Legs should be a bit more slim. Love the figure overall, will likely pick it up.

I'm ok with sculpted hair to be honest. Rooted hair will be quite a B to maintain and style. Mafex Aquaman uses very soft material for their sculpted hair which allows the head to be posed well, HT can considered using something similar.

Thank you Darth.

A pic to kick the ball rolling back here. Can't say I'm satisfied with the sculpt on this one.

View attachment 477929

I think it's definitely good. The actress' likeness seems to be a bit difficult to attain, I presume. She looked quite variable in the film, maybe in real life too, but I think the HT sculpt captures some of her.

I have to ask..anyone worried about getting any HT imported from China right now with that virus scare being around :panic:

I have to ask..anyone worried about getting any HT imported from China right now with that virus scare being around :panic:

No. I wouldn't think a virus would hang around on a piece of plastic for over a month in variable climate conditions, but I'm no doctor so might still white glove it...

Your chances of dying from the flu are substantially higher than the virus they have.

Your chances of dying from the flu are substantially higher than the virus they have.

Actually that?s not true. The death rate for the flu is substantially lower than this new strain of coronavirus. To put it in perspective, 15,000,000 cases of the flu have been reported since flu season started here in the states and about 8,200 of those people have died which is approximately 0.054%. Very small percentage but still a lot of people. This new strain of coronavirus has 12,000 reported cases and 360 people have died which is approximately 3%. Which is a rate of 50 times the amount of deaths. Smaller number of deaths but higher percentage rate. Plus it spreads as fast as the flu. No need to panic but be careful. It?s better to be prepared than to be caught unaware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually that?s not true. The death rate for the flu is substantially lower than this new strain of coronavirus. To put it in perspective, 15,000,000 cases of the flu have been reported since flu season started here in the states and about 8,200 of those people have died which is approximately 0.054%. Very small percentage but still a lot of people. This new strain of coronavirus has 12,000 reported cases and 360 people have died which is approximately 3%. Which is a rate of 50 times the amount of deaths. Smaller number of deaths but higher percentage rate. Plus it spreads as fast as the flu. No need to panic but be careful. It?s better to be prepared than to be caught unaware.

Correct and thanks for the correction. I guess I should have clarified that your chances of dying from the flu are higher pending you don?t live in an area where the coronavirus is active.

:goodpost:

I’m cautious and I’m staying away from the crop of Ebayers I usually deal with for good deals on new HT. I’m going to wait it out until the U.S. Vendors start getting their stock even if it takes another three or four months

Hopefully this outbreak will be under control by the summer :(

To be fair, the mortality rate numbers are based mainly from Hubei province being 3.1% It has been discovered that the Wuhan area only houses 111 properly rated emergency beds. The actual rate for provinces with higher access to emergency care is estimated to be anywhere between .16%-2.1% but it's all too early to tell. Should be taken seriously, but at the same time at this time there's no need to lose sleep.

Then again... some people are saying the released numbers are on a scheduled algorithm to show a slower rate of infection/fatality and the actual numbers are exponentially higher. I'm not looking to cause sensationalism by any stretch and don't believe that to be true, but with the lack of transparency its a potential to take into account.

In the end, the disease is said to require a living host to stay alive, longer than 24 hours without moisture/biological material to live on it should be dead. Still, take precaution and clean before putting it in your mouth....:lol

To be fair, the mortality rate numbers are based mainly from Hubei province being 3.1% It has been discovered that the Wuhan area only houses 111 properly rated emergency beds. The actual rate for provinces with higher access to emergency care is estimated to be anywhere between .16%-2.1% but it's all too early to tell. Should be taken seriously, but at the same time at this time there's no need to lose sleep.

Then again... some people are saying the released numbers are on a scheduled algorithm to show a slower rate of infection/fatality and the actual numbers are exponentially higher. I'm not looking to cause sensationalism by any stretch and don't believe that to be true, but with the lack of transparency its a potential to take into account.

In the end, the disease is said to require a living host to stay alive, longer than 24 hours without moisture/biological material to live on it should be dead. Still, take precaution and clean before putting it in your mouth....:lol

Also, I am turning into an anxiety ridden old woman over all this and posting any potentially positive information that I've been burning through makes me feel better...

So, Zurdo...wash Captain Marvel before giving it kisses... :)

Another look in a new unboxing video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHCoX5vk_TM

I'm happy with the final product. Easily one of their better likenesses amongst the leading characters in Hot Toys recent Marvel releases, I believe.

hottoyscarol.jpg

You can't catch it from a parcel that's been in the post for several days

Back