1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always liked her... and I couldn't picture anyone else more suited to being cast as Captain Marvel.

Also, I feel that smiling sculpts severely limit the pose-ability options of a figure. I'd much rather a battle looking face/or a determined face over a happy one. :)

Of course it will, but it's a leather outfit so it's only natural that there would be some, and there were plenty of creases in the movie costume as well. It was only the CG'd Endgame outfit that looked totally smooth on her.

Not sure where I read that the costume for this figure is more durable than the Iron Spidey in the sense creases are not as easily formed. Remains to be seen if this is true.

Doing smiling sculpts must be harder for hot toys. They don't do it often if ever.

Ah, good catch, it appears to be so.

Clearlllyyy you must have edited these. According to these forums Larson can't show emotion.

Lol, I thought she was not only stern in the film, but also equally or more expressive, in my opinion.

I feel like we need an unboxing video from Zurdo when this arrives...although I fear we may need a medical team on-hand to assist... :)

:lol

PTIDB7N.jpg

True, although it seems that quite a few people have switched to the pro-Larson team lately. I'm not sure why...

View attachment 478516

I think this might have to do with it. ;)

View attachment 478519

Captain Marvel cleans up nicely when she's not in her super suit lol

Z2TdCAR.jpg

I've always liked her... and I couldn't picture anyone else more suited to being cast as Captain Marvel.

Also, I feel that smiling sculpts severely limit the pose-ability options of a figure. I'd much rather a battle looking face/or a determined face over a happy one. :)

Agreed! I thought se did a fantastic job in the role.

Yes I also agree, no doubt a battle/serious face is a go-to, however for me I'd also like an additional smiling sculpt included, but then aagin I'd want as many things pertaining to the character as possible lol

Of course it will, but it's a leather outfit so it's only natural that there would be some, and there were plenty of creases in the movie costume as well. It was only the CG'd Endgame outfit that looked totally smooth on her.

Not sure where I read that the costume for this figure is more durable than the Iron Spidey in the sense creases are not as easily formed. Remains to be seen if this is true.

Good to hear, I'd really like to achieve a dynamic flying pose!

I'm really baffled by the lack of torso articulation this seems to have. I can understand why that would happen with something like IW Thor given the lights in the chest, but this one shouldn't have that issue. I wonder if they were simply trying to prevent some unsightly bunching of the outfit whenever you bend it over or twist it to the side?

I'm really baffled by the lack of torso articulation this seems to have. I can understand why that would happen with something like IW Thor given the lights in the chest, but this one shouldn't have that issue. I wonder if they were simply trying to prevent some unsightly bunching of the outfit whenever you bend it over or twist it to the side?

I think how the suit has separate vertical layers of material along the front & back of the torso is what is restricting the torso articulation (assuming HT gave her any at all). Justin touches on it briefly in his review:

I saw a review where they attempt to bend the torso area and it basically does not move at all so... Justin's reviews are pretty useless unless you just want to see what the figure looks like in hand and in a museum pose. :rotfl

I saw a review where they attempt to bend the torso area and it basically does not move at all so... Justin's reviews are pretty useless unless you just want to see what the figure looks like in hand and in a museum pose. :rotfl

He does point out the restrictions and tries to articulate it a little, but clearly isn't someone who goes for extreme poses with his figures. And from what I see I have to agree it's a fantastic looking figure even with the limitations, and one that could still be put in some cool poses with a bit of creativity (if you want to turn the head more, for instance, just heat up and soften the hair a little first).

Back