1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does point out the restrictions and tries to articulate it a little, but clearly isn't someone who goes for extreme poses with his figures. And from what I see I have to agree it's a fantastic looking figure even with the limitations, and one that could still be put in some cool poses with a bit of creativity (if you want to turn the head more, for instance, just heat up and soften the hair a little first).

The reviewer I posted tried to move the torso and it’s really restricted

Jacket is some beautiful work

Thanks for this. I can't stand Justin's Collection's reviews. Such a fanboy and never criticizing anything, and as you said doesn't even actually review the figure apart from the obvious things we can see.

Exactly. If you wont show flaws of this figures what's the point of doing reviews.

Absence of ab crunch is just disgrace for this price point. Doesnt care how good looking the suit is. If it is not posable it shouldnt be called as "figure".

Thanks for this. I can't stand Justin's Collection's reviews. Such a fanboy and never criticizing anything, and as you said doesn't even actually review the figure apart from the obvious things we can see.
Justin rightfully ripped Goose for not looking anything like a cat, but I think MRCcollectionventures's camerawork is a little more flattering to the figures.

So they pretty much used the same material they used for Infinity War Iron Spider-Man for the suit. I still think this is a pretty decent figure though with all that you get with the deluxe version. I am kind of hoping they do a version of her at the end of Endgame where she has the short hair and newer looking suit. I really liked her new look there.

Exactly. If you wont show flaws of this figures what's the point of doing reviews.

Absence of ab crunch is just disgrace for this price point. Doesnt care how good looking the suit is. If it is not posable it shouldnt be called as "figure".

Considering the lack of AB crunch doesn?t really bother me, the suit is super tight and maybe they thought if you crunched her waist the suit can seriously crease worse than Iron Spider

I think the good compromise to the lack of waist is thesolidbuiltarms to help support the thick effect pieces

Last edited:

He pointed out all the same flaws as everybody else, but just didn't think it was worth trashing the figure because of them. And honestly from the majority of collection pics I see, most people leave their figures in the same ramrod straight pose anyway.

Hot Toys/Howard said long ago that they prioritize how a figure looks over articulation. So this is no surprise and it is actually better than i expected. I have Cap figures that is not as flexible as this is.

He pointed out all the same flaws as everybody else, but just didn't think it was worth trashing the figure because of them. And honestly from the majority of collection pics I see, most people leave their figures in the same ramrod straight pose anyway.

Which is boring. It is just meaningless to me buying this figures just for a museum pose. You can create very cool poses with them. For this reason I hate figures like Iron Spider and Captain Marvel and their limitations. We all know Hot Toys can do it better. Everyone should watch the MISB Media's "Posing with Peter - Justice League Batman" video and see how cool these figures are if you properly pose them.

Fantastic figure but I think the cap marvel figure is way undersized..screengrab frm justin’s review :

65CAA0F8-8A7B-4BA0-8485-5E9574AB7F9C.jpeg
B1C6ACD6-830C-469F-9F0B-6622A9507CAB.jpeg

What do u guys think?

Your opinion. I can't think of any reasonable pose this figure needs to be put in that requires an ab crunch. Some people buy these figures to proudly put them in all kinds of ugly poses that the real character would never be in.

Fantastic figure but I think the cap marvel figure is way undersized..screengrab frm justin’s review :

View attachment 478683
View attachment 478684

What do u guys think?

Not an issue IMO. Larsen is a tiny girl to begin with an unbelievable thin waist for her size. She’s pretty much a small gal to most other female actors

Those photos don't do anything for me. I haven't see this figure in any poses that doesn't look stiff. Not articulating torso/ no ab crunch really makes it stand out in this situation. I wonder if the figure uses the same body as Jyn or something similar. That also looks super undersized if you put it next to an Iron Man but looks fine next to my Endor Luke.

Yeah I initially thought she looked way too small as well (much like Shuri and Hela), but after looking up her info found that it was actually pretty accurate. So I guess it's just more movie magic making her seem taller than she really is. Although think I might still try her out with some ankle extenders to see how that looks.

Those photos don't do anything for me. I haven't see this figure in any poses that doesn't look stiff. Not articulating torso/ no ab crunch really makes it stand out in this situation. I wonder if the figure uses the same body as Jyn or something similar. That also looks super undersized if you put it next to an Iron Man but looks fine next to my Endor Luke.

Yeah I think the stiff torso is what's really giving this that cheap Mattel action figure look. And looking back through the proto pics it was the same way, so not sure why I didn't notice it until now.

Too bad the body is sewn into the outfit, as I'd love to try a body swap on this. Although I'm sure someone out there will try it anyway.

Being more of a museum pose guy, I'm perfectly fine with this figure. I just love the color scheme of the suit and really looking forward to adding it to my shelf.

Brie Larson is 1.7m/5'7", Tom Holland is 1.73m/5'8" and Chris Hemsworth is 1.9m/6'3" , so it looks pretty good to me.

But Robert Downey Jr is 5'9". I think the argument isn't the actual height of the actors, but rather the portrayal of the characters and how they appeared onscreen together. I think Iron Man figures are too large. Marks 2 and 3 are closer to scale with the figures Hot Toys put out along with what visualized in the movie.

In the end it doesn't matter to me as I'm not picking up Captain Marvel. I think she looks fine, its the Iron Men that are out of scale maybe Hulk and Thanos too?

Size comparison video

https://youtu.be/THRNwJebNMc

Last edited:
I think this figure is a little undersized, but not major.

We can look at actor heights, but as noted that is not a great reference.

Look at Cate Blanchet, she is a little taller than Larson, but we felt the character in the move was almost the height of Thor. Part of this is due to how it is shot, part is due to the stunt person often being a little taller...ect. But when you hold the Hela Hot Toy, it seems a bit too small.

Back