1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I’m glad I have the regular armored version ordered. It’s a much more definitive “THANOS”.

They could have made this a must-have with a more devilish smirking sculpt... or a smug sneer of confidence... instead of the sad "I'm dust" expression.

A smirking sculpt and the “defeated” head would be awesome. I’m tired of that angry head they’ve used three times now, it just looks off to me.

All my friends are saying they are canceling their regular version for this. I told them this was coming and they should of waited :lol

I won't be ordering the figure, but I wouldn't mind picking up the gauntlets if they get parted out. Maybe another company will eventually recast them and release bootleg versions as well down the road. Or HT will release a kit a year after this is released and piss off everyone with all three versions of him in their collection. Actually, what's more likely is that HT will design a unique right arm and nano gauntlet attachment system for this to prevent the gauntlet's use on the previous version. Because they're bastards like that. :lol

That sad face looks phenomenal! IMO, an expression, almost any expression that shows life, is preferable to a blank zombie, 1000 yard stare.

OTOH, the downside is that with the bruising it becomes wholly scene specific. Outside of illustrating that one moment, it just doesn't have much utility.
He had a smirk on his face just prior to getting his comeuppance. Had they done that, this would likely be too hard to resist. Thankfully, as is I find it nice, but resistible.

Besides I've already thrown all my AE rewards points at the clean version, and I don't want to lose 'em ($100 worth).

If they can move this battle damaged version, I'm sure that won't be the last one we see. A smirk is bound to happen at some point.

Would have definitely preferred a smirking expression than another angry one... And I also noticed the red blood right away. I assume that will be fixed.

I don't understand people canceling the other version. We all knew this was coming.

You want Hot Toys to take more chances and make more side characters? Stop canceling orders.

Will not preorder.... will wait for the inevitable discounted price once it sits on sideshow shelfs as infinity war has

In 2 years I may place my order

I definitely prefer the non-BD over this one, even though that sad face sculpt is amazing.
It's a great sculpt but it's definitely not how I would want to display Thanos. I want him looking like he's ready to wreck the Avengers. This sculpt just makes him look defeated. It also looks like he's reading off of a sad Shakespeare play. :lol They should have gone with his cocky smirk when he thinks he has all the stones.

I like the base though. Might pick that up separately and wait for third parties to recast the nano gauntlet.

84803876_1069538796717385_3017007555260973056_o.jpg

84871707_10157890245213685_5703960016424271872_o.jpg

It looks fine, but I don't need this. Nice new headsculpt, but not an expression I need for a Thanos figure. People not overly familiar with marvel movies are going to ask me why Thanos looks like he just found out his doggy is missing.

Gauntlet + battle damage...meh. My display I want armored thanos looking mean and swinging his blade.

I am not feeling the "sad panda" face sculpt. I have the first two figures and will likely stop there.

For the base, it would have been cool for them to have done the rubble base tall enough for him to sit on,
with a place on the ground part to plug the blade into and sit the helmet on top of the blade.

It's a great sculpt but it's definitely not how I would want to display Thanos. I want him looking like he's ready to wreck the Avengers. This sculpt just makes him look defeated. It also looks like he's reading off of a sad Shakespeare play. :lol They should have gone with his cocky smirk when he thinks he has all the stones.

I like the base though. Might pick that up separately and wait for third parties to recast the nano gauntlet.

84803876_1069538796717385_3017007555260973056_o.jpg

84871707_10157890245213685_5703960016424271872_o.jpg

The base is definitely nice and I'm disappointed the other figure is getting such a generic one. I've been thinking of putting him on Lite Armor Thor's rocky base instead.

That looks more like Thanos? face from his encounter with young Gamora in the soul realm?...

Back